{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Is Tesco Lotus coming to Buriram??????????  (Read 63372 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Is Tesco Lotus coming to Buriram??????????
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 11:08:03 AM »
Sliced roasted with beef roast     yummy yummy.....why do they not grow them here   uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
If they could they would,,,,,its quite possibly the climate here that is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Lourens

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 01:18:10 PM »
I have some information on this subject but I'm afraid that if I post it here it might be criticized...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 01:32:47 PM »
I have some information on this subject but I'm afraid that if I post it here it might be criticized...

character4 what's going on today? Post it. We all want to hear what you have to say.  jumping10

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 05:56:51 PM »

character4 what's going on today? Post it. We all want to hear what you have to say.  jumping10

Come on Lourens, spill the beans!

You know you get criticized what ever happens  confused3

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 08:44:13 PM »

TBWG sawadi

Yes, I've got a Tesco Clubcard and I'm not afraid to use it! jumping8 :D

Lourens

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 08:50:08 PM »
I was talking to a mate of mine in the UK recently who knows someone that had something bought from a Tesco by someone else (I have all the contacts) and he said he heard from a distant cousin twice removed that Tesco Lotus might indeed build a branch in Buriram next year sometime with all their expansion plans. It all depends on the current economic situation and what the Baht will do against the Turkish Lira if the Zim dollar recovers to pre-unilateral-declaration-of-independance status on the back of the tobacco crop failing again next season.

Now - Time for another beer... laughbar

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 11:50:50 PM »

TBWG sawadi

Thats real funny before i left UK i called up TESCO'S head office for club card and i ask them i know they have branches in thailand and quote " can i use this clubcard in tesco's in thailand they said ofcourse  "   I think she was a thai lady working in the UK for TESCO"S clubcard...what do we expect!

When you give them clubcard here,,,, they look at you like """" uh what do i do with this'''''  i've allready taken your points and put it on mine''' just look stuppid and give the card back !!!!

dave the dude

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 09:20:29 AM »
Thats real funny before i left UK i called up TESCO'S head office for club card and i ask them i know they have branches in thailand and quote " can i use this clubcard in tesco's in thailand they said ofcourse  "   I think she was a thai lady working in the UK for TESCO"S clubcard...what do we expect!

When you give them clubcard here,,,, they look at you like """" uh what do i do with this'''''  i've allready taken your points and put it on mine''' just look stuppid and give the card back !!!!

Just for a laugh, I did the same at Mackro Surin when I first came here. I gave them my card from Mackro Croydon and after major flapping about, I got the Mai Mee, Mai Mee(No good)

Dave

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »

TBWG sawadi

You must have been leading one hell of a boring existence in the UK if you had nothing more exciting to do than worry about a Clubcard!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:37:24 PM by ADMIN »

Offline tonypace01

• Contributor with future
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 06:09:14 PM »
At these stores, especially in the U.S., I avoid club cards like the plague. Color me paranoid if you like, but all of my health insurance questionnaires asked if I smoke. I do not. But I have had roommates and other friends who have asked me to pick them up a carton of cigarettes while shopping. With a club card I would have a record of having purchased cigarettes. If I were to contract lung cancer (I lived in Anchorage, AK and Los Angeles) an insurance company can throw that data right down my throat and deny treatment.

According to a marketing course I took at University of Alaska, the real purpose of club cards is to save money on snoopers hiding behind two way mirrors in stores to collect data on what people are buying. If you are diligent, you can save money with club cards. But I shopped in stores where lower income people shopped and found better savings. In Thailand, I shop at the big stores only for items I would not find in open markets. The canned dog food I buy at Big C in Pattaya, for example, is 52bt a can. At the dog grooming shop it is 40bt. Meat, eggs, fish, rice, most tubers and herbs are readily available at the local markets far cheaper than at the supermarket, and the shopping is far more fun. If I could find a good outlet for cheese, canned tuna, and Campbell dried soups outside the big markets, I would never go there again. Incidentally, I have done it in Pattaya and I hope it can be done in Buriram, I get my booze at the same outlets as the larger restaurants do at the same price with delivery for beer by the case.

My point is this: Club cards purport to be a means to saving money. When the consumer saves money, corporate profits are reduced. Yet club card markets keep the club card. So they must be making money with them.

In Anchorage Alaska, there is a large and very popular bar called "Chillicoot Charlie's." Over the entrance they have a sign that says: "We cheat the other fellow and pass the savings on to you." At club card retailers, I always feel like the other fellow.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 10:13:52 AM »
Well the clubcard here can save significant amounts when used to purchase the 'Clubcard only Offers'

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 02:16:02 PM »
Chatting to a Thai lady in the market this morning who was sad at the prospect of her sales getting even worse with the imminent arrival of Tesco in Buriram. She has been told that they are planning to open a store on Route 2074 Buriram-Khu Muang road.

Anybody???

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »

Hi Steve

A few years ago I wrote tongue in cheek to Sir Terry Leahy the then CEO of Tesco regarding a superstore in Buriram. Not expecting a reply I was pleasantly surprised when he wrote in person advising me that Philip Clarke would contact me about it as he was the director in charge of overseas development.

Well Philip Clarke did contact me and said that they were intending to open a store in Buriram, as nothing happened I assumed that this had been put on hold.

However, Philip Clarke is now head honcho at Tescos after Sir Terry's retirement and bearing in mind overseas is his forte plus has been bringing in substantially higher returns than Europe I forsee a Tesco Superstore in the not too distant future! crazydance

TBWG sawadi   broccoli1 broccoli1 broccoli1

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
Big C will have even fewer customers then!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave the dude

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 09:51:32 PM »

Hi Steve

A few years ago I wrote tongue in cheek to Sir Terry Leahy the then CEO of Tesco regarding a superstore in Buriram. Not expecting a reply I was pleasantly surprised when he wrote in person advising me that Philip Clarke would contact me about it as he was the director in charge of overseas development.

Well Philip Clarke did contact me and said that they were intending to open a store in Buriram, as nothing happened I assumed that this had been put on hold.

However, Philip Clarke is now head honcho at Tescos after Sir Terry's retirement and bearing in mind overseas is his forte plus has been bringing in substantially higher returns than Europe I forsee a Tesco Superstore in the not too distant future! crazydance

TBWG sawadi   broccoli1 broccoli1 broccoli1
So when it opens any complaints can be squarely sent to you then  eusadance redman wildman

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick