{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Newbie questions on Non-Immigrant O and retirement visa  (Read 21846 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Newbie questions on Non-Immigrant O and retirement visa
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 10:27:13 AM »
You have said I have never done a visa in Thailand, and you have said I got a visa when I entered Thailand.  Those are mutually exclusive statements. 

All you have done is add  confusion by replying to me. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 10:32:03 AM »
I said you had a visa as you entered Thailand. It was stamped "used" prior to you entering Thailand and you got a permission to stay stamp.

You extend that permission to stay. You do not extend a visa.

Where can you go to get a new visa?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 10:57:41 AM »
Starman, 

I have proved where Thailand's offical GVT form TM 8 asks "My previous visa for Thailand is of the category of".  And the correct selection for me is:  "non immigrant visa"

Therefore per Thailand official Government paper work I had a Thailand Visa.  I never did any Thailand paperwork outside of Thailand, I have either entered on a Tourist visa (per the TM 8 term) and used a re-entry permit, and I have only come in Thailand through BKK, never a border.   

So per the Thai Goverment I had a visa that I could only have obtained in Thailand making your statement that:

You have never done any visa in Thailand, Urleft.

Inaccurate. 

Also per the Oxford dictionary: 

visa
Pronunciation: /ˈviːzə/
noun
An endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/visa

Which is exactly an Extension of stay.  Looks like you are doubly wrong Starman. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 11:09:18 AM »
Please tell me what immigration department you went to to obtain the visa you had in your passport prior to entering the Kingdom?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 11:27:44 AM »
Please tell me what immigration department you went to to obtain the visa you had in your passport prior to entering the Kingdom?

Never did.  All my paperwork has been done in the Kingdom. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 11:33:31 AM »
You said you arrived on a visa?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 11:45:08 AM »
You said you arrived on a visa?

No, you said that.

I said you had a visa as you entered Thailand.

What I said was:   

Therefore per Thailand official Government paper work I had a Thailand Visa.  I never did any Thailand paperwork outside of Thailand, I have either entered on a Tourist visa (per the TM 8 term) and used a re-entry permit, and I have only come in Thailand through BKK, never a border.   

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 11:48:15 AM »
I don't understand what it is you don't understand.

You enter on a visa. You get a permission to stay stamp. Your visa, if single entry, is stamped "used".

So I entered on a visa when I arrived in Thailand, therefore I did a visa in Thailand.  That makes your posting wrong when you said: 

You have, however, managed an extension of stay.

Try to make accurate statements next time. 

Also funny that the link you posted refers to "Retirement extention for dummies". The first line is "I successfully obtained a retirement extension". Now you say it's a visa.

Explain the process you went through when you arrived at the airport ( also known as a border control). How many days entry did you get?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:51:02 AM by Starman »

Offline Bobbi

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 12:03:30 PM »
Thanks for your replies - and for making me laugh about those detailed discussions ;)

All this is a bit confusing.

I was at the immigration with my wife, we had all papers (except house book, but they didnt ask for it).
In the TM7 I stated that I have a non O visa, and they looked at my passport too.
And all they said was "Cannot extend".
So I dont see reason to go there again.

And ...
I still dont know much about that 15 day extension on the border,
and if a retirement visa is the right way for me because I sometimes need to stay in Europe for more than 3 months.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 12:10:46 PM »
Given your circumstances I can't see that a retirement visa would be suitable. You wouldn't be able to complete your 90 day reports whilst out of the country. Even if you did them on line you would get caught out on your re-entry stamps.
I'm sure that eventually somone with more experience than myself will advise on whether a border run is possible on your current Non-O visa. Sorry I don't know.
Good luck.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 12:11:16 PM »
Not sure why they won't extend. Any entry can be extended by 60 days if you are married in Thailand.

Still, seems you are not going to get it.

Sounds like you don't have time for an extension based on retirement. How long do you have left on your permission to stay in your passport?

You can go to the border at ChongJom.

You need your passport and one passport photo. You need to leave Thailand. Get a Cambodian visa. That will cost 1500 baht. You can then stamp in and out of Cambodia, they will ask you for a further 300 baht as you are not staying 24 hours. When you come back into Thailand you will get a 15 day permission yo stay stamp.

For future reference sound like a retirement extension with a multi re entry permit will suit you. Can you get a multiple entry O visa in Switzerland? If you can that would be much easier.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 12:12:34 PM »
Given your circumstances I can't see that a retirement visa would be suitable. You wouldn't be able to complete your 90 day reports whilst out of the country. Even if you did them on line you would get caught out on your re-entry stamps.
I'm sure that eventually somone with more experience than myself will advise on whether a border run is possible on your current Non-O visa. Sorry I don't know.
Good luck.

If you are out of the country you don't need to do 90 day reports. When you leave Thailand your 90 day count stops. It starts again at 1 when you re enter.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 12:14:43 PM »
Good luck.

If you are out of the country you don't need to do 90 day reports. When you leave Thailand your 90 day count stops. It starts again at 1 when you re enter.

That makes sense. I stand corrected.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »
I don't understand what it is you don't understand.

You enter on a visa. You get a permission to stay stamp. Your visa, if single entry, is stamped "used".

So I entered on a visa when I arrived in Thailand, therefore I did a visa in Thailand.  That makes your posting wrong when you said: 

You have, however, managed an extension of stay.

Try to make accurate statements next time. 

Also funny that the link you posted refers to "Retirement extention for dummies". The first line is "I successfully obtained a retirement extension". Now you say it's a visa.

Explain the process you went through when you arrived at the airport ( also known as a border control). How many days entry did you get?

LOL, you are a hoot Starman. 

First when I said "So I entered on a visa when I arrived in Thailand, therefore I did a visa in Thailand."  I was using your words that I entered on a visa. 

Then you now ask me to explain the process when I when though the airport.  Which time, which airport?  My last airport was BFV in February.  I also arrived at BKK in Aug 2015 entering using my multiple reentry permit (which I have done every year since 2012). 

Not sure what you are trying to get to.  But all this crap started with you saying I never did a visa in Thailand, my approved TM 8's say I did a visa in Thailand and the Retirement Extension of Stay meets the Oxford definition of visa. 

Now if you would have been a reasonable person you would have accepted my original posting using "visa" in quotes as me acknowledging that can be issues with the term this entire exchange would have been mute, Davu nailed it.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2016, 12:36:45 PM »
Thanks Urleft.

Your inability to answer some simple questions just highlights everything.

You are starting to troll.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM