{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Robinsons  (Read 29893 times)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Robinsons
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2015, 01:29:42 PM »
Marvellous, thanks Keith. I'll swing by Tops and get a few.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2015, 01:41:46 PM »
Maybe not, I was just in Tops and they no longer had those prices.  However, if you take the picture with you and show it to the counter thy may honor it. 

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2015, 02:11:43 PM »
Ill give it a try. Won't hold my breath!!

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2015, 02:29:42 PM »
Steve,

The Pain in good sauce I checked was May 2018, I could not find a date on the Cowtown sauce. 

Had ribs with "Night of the living BBQ" sauce last night, I think Smooth2 and Som Luck will attest to it being really really good, even with my daughter's help in cooking. 

thumbup      BBQ sauce flavoured burps for breakfast.  555

Spent 1600 baht in Tops last Wednesday. Checkout chick said "take receipt to Customer Service counter for free gift"

Received a rather nice sturdy big plastic laundry basket for free. Will be useful for something.

Offline SOM LUCK

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2015, 06:17:45 AM »
Great ribs, Jasmine did a terrific job

Offline davureborn

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2015, 03:03:58 PM »
Steve,

The Pain in good sauce I checked was May 2018, I could not find a date on the Cowtown sauce. 

Had ribs with "Night of the living BBQ" sauce last night, I think Smooth2 and Som Luck will attest to it being really really good, even with my daughter's help in cooking.

Sell by dates are a Western concept. I never had much use for them, I have some stuff still that was manufactured in the last century, no sell by dates. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sell-by-dates-have-little-to-do-with-food-safety-2013-09-19 A girl I know threw a new boy friend out after one day after he went through the fridge and threw out all the expired' stuff out. He also threw out potatoes that had started to make shoots. 
He didn't throw out the wine though.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2015, 08:29:20 PM »
It was great in Makro yesterday .... walked straight up to an available cashier ..
Don't you possess a VIP card for the checkout?

What's a VIP card? You mean a licensed seller of alcohol? The only time I felt the need for my Makro card was when there were many people waiting and it was announced that people with cards had priority. I never saw anyone going to the head of the queue waving a card.

You won't see anyone waving their card,you go to the office near the checkouts,& job done..........Starman was the one who put me on to this.........Ask him for the application details.

I have a regular Makro card, how is the VIP card different?  I could not find in on the Makro website. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »
Tops has some interesting German beer, a bit pricey at 195 baht a can, but I highly recommend the Dark (Red Can), very mellow, smooth and tastefull, nothing like guiness. 

I tried the wheat beer and found it pleasant.  Decided to buy the Pils, will see.  But I will probably buy more of the Dark.  Even the TW remarked on how good it was. 

party4

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2016, 01:03:36 PM »
Lot's of German beer available at Norby's in Surin. Much, much cheaper than those prices.

Let me know if you would like directions of how to get there.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2016, 07:44:47 PM »
Lot's of German beer available at Norby's in Surin. Much, much cheaper than those prices.

Let me know if you would like directions of how to get there.

The truth is that the US Army had me in Germany for 3 years where the beers did not peek my interest.  I had a later short trip where my bud and I sampled a great many different Wheat beers (and some others), had a very good time.  Plus I have never been a big fan of Pils. 

Based on my previous experiences, I don't go out of my way to get a German beer.

But I like to experiment with different beers (more so here based on the limited selection), so I tried dark/Wheat Kaiserdoms.   IMHO the dark is exceptional, I am considering buy a case.  If Norby's carry's that at much cheaper prices I would be interested. 

The Wheat was OK, but was nothing to really note.  I tried the Pils tonight and had 2 cans in one, my first and last. 

Offline davureborn

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2016, 08:30:44 PM »
Beer snobbery alert. Drinking beer out of a can isn't going to make anyone a beer connoisseur. I have drunk beer in a few countries and the best have to be one of the three or four draught beers I tried in München. Expensive. You get what you pay for.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2016, 09:51:54 PM »
Beer snobbery alert. Drinking beer out of a can isn't going to make anyone a beer connoisseur. I have drunk beer in a few countries and the best have to be one of the three or four draught beers I tried in München. Expensive. You get what you pay for.

I am one of those that can't tell the difference between a 20 year old single malt scotch and Dewars, me I pick Dewars. 

So I really don't care where the beer comes from or what it called. All I care about is if I like the taste.   Until I got to this forum I never imagined that alcohol content was a factor. 

My statement remains that Tops Kaiserdom Monkey Year beer is worth trying.  But you don't like, up to you. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick