{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: NOT the Gun control debate  (Read 7329 times)

Offline Adam

• Active member on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
NOT the Gun control debate
« on: March 11, 2016, 06:33:58 AM »
This is what happens when gun holders do not follow the rules, I'm not trying to start up the gun control debate again, just laughing at an idiot!!

Pro-gun advocate Jamie Gilt is recovering from surgery after her 4-year-old child accidentally shot her in the back as she was driving. (Source: WJXT/Facebook/Twitter/CNN) 

JACKSONVILLE, FL (WJXT/CNN) - Officials are digging deeper into the social media accounts of a mother who was shot in the back by her 4-year-old son with her own gun Tuesday afternoon.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that the .45-caliber handgun was owned by 31-year old Jamie Gilt, who is in stable condition after the accidental shooting, which happened as she was driving her pickup truck with her son riding in the backseat. 

For the past few years, the high-profile gun advocate ran a Facebook page called Gun Sense, where she posted pictures expressing her Second Amendment rights. In January, she tweeted, “Got to play with my new toy today! Time to clean it!” The tweet showcased a custom handgun.

Gilt’s neighbors said she was in the hospital recovering from surgery and that they wished her well.

Officials, still investigating the case, say this was an unfortunate incident that should be an even bigger lesson for parents.

“I’d like to remind everybody that the Florida statute is specific, and it does state that the adult household member or the child’s guardian is responsible for taking all measures necessary to keep firearms out of the reach of young people,” said Capt. Joseph Wells of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office.

He also said a gun lock should be every gun’s best friend, to make weapons safe around children - something that his department provides free-of-charge to gun owners.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: NOT the Gun control debate
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 07:48:39 AM »
Yes, people should take responsibility for their actions and understand consequenses. 

Experiment Shows Differences Between Children With Guns in the Home and Those Without

http://fox17.com/news/nation-world/experiment-shows-differences-between-children-with-guns-in-the-home-and-those-without

An experiment held in Iowa by police officers and parents had some interesting findings.

Police put a fake gun which could not be fired in a room and then let eight children into the room. It took a child just 15 seconds to find the gun. With parents and law enforcement watching, the children were passing the fake weapon around, aiming it and attempting to shoot it.

While the result might not be surprising to most, the children who didn't touch the weapon were children whose families have guns inside the home and have explained the dangers and responsibilities of guns.

Offline Adam

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 09:53:03 AM »
It wasn't the case in the car though!! This woman was a vociferous gun advocate with Facebook and Twitter pages (taken down very rapidly!!)
The funniest thing is that she may face charges for not following the Florida laws.
It could have been much worse though, apart from the stupidity of allowing a 4 year old access to a loaded gun in a car. What if the child had shot themselves, what if she had died, what if her car had hit others.
This is not about gun control etc. It is purely me having a chuckle at the expense of a blithering idiot who should not be allowed to have kids and place them in mortal danger.

By the way urleft, as the report from you comes from Fox, I will take it with a pinch of salt.

The funniest thing I have witnessed this year is watching Fox squirm over the GOP candidate contest. They don't like Trump or Cruz, but are having to side with Cruz to stop Trump.

God help us all!!

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 10:46:07 AM »
At the least this woman should have her child removed from her custody until the court can rule on her being a fit parent. Thai child was in the backseat with a loaded gun, no safety on and could have killed himself. This make her an unfit mother. And yes I do defend the 2nd amendment.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 02:29:31 PM »
At the least this woman should have her child removed from her custody until the court can rule on her being a fit parent. Thai child was in the backseat with a loaded gun, no safety on and could have killed himself. This make her an unfit mother. And yes I do defend the 2nd amendment.

I read elsewhere that it was a Glock Pistol, which means the safety is in the trigger, so the safety was on until the trigger was pulled. 

She was berated on Free Republic for being stupid. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 02:31:24 PM »
It wasn't the case in the car though!! This woman was a vociferous gun advocate with Facebook and Twitter pages (taken down very rapidly!!)
The funniest thing is that she may face charges for not following the Florida laws.
It could have been much worse though, apart from the stupidity of allowing a 4 year old access to a loaded gun in a car. What if the child had shot themselves, what if she had died, what if her car had hit others.
This is not about gun control etc. It is purely me having a chuckle at the expense of a blithering idiot who should not be allowed to have kids and place them in mortal danger.

By the way urleft, as the report from you comes from Fox, I will take it with a pinch of salt.

The funniest thing I have witnessed this year is watching Fox squirm over the GOP candidate contest. They don't like Trump or Cruz, but are having to side with Cruz to stop Trump.

God help us all!!

You should take all news sources with a pinch of salt, not just Fox.  And if the source is a Government, that is really iffy. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 04:05:17 PM »

I read elsewhere that it was a Glock Pistol, which means the safety is in the trigger, so the safety was on until the trigger was pulled. 

She was berated on Free Republic for being stupid.

Off, on or up her ass. This idiot has given up her parental rights.

Offline BillH52

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 09:05:53 PM »
Not 5 minutes ago I had a conversation with a teenaged nephew who lives in Texas, re the fact that 50% of what you see or read in the news is inaccurate, untrue, or down right wrong.  The problem - there is no way of knowing WHICH 50% is right and which 50% is wrong.  That said,  I tend to wait a few days to get corrected news clips or misquotes cleared up before I can make a real judgement call; if I need to make one at all.  On the surface, a 4 yr old in the backseat with any gun, loaded or not, is absolutely wrong.  Now . . will wait a few days for a clearer picture about what was accidentily misreported or misquoted.  Doesn't make anything less unacceptable, but . . I like to make sure I have my facts straight before I "fire for effect"; especially knowing that I am not on the scene in Florida.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 09:48:05 PM »
I got a new guard dog to guard my house.

He was a little more than I thought I should pay.

But, I think when word gets out, we'll be arelatively crime-free neighborhood.

The nice part is he is only a year old and already fully trained.

For your safety, you might want to call the house if you're coming over!

Tassie

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 06:07:22 AM »
I love the dog especially the last photo.  "Make my day" from Clint Eastwood comes to mind.
Regards

Offline Adam

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »
Not 5 minutes ago I had a conversation with a teenaged nephew who lives in Texas, re the fact that 50% of what you see or read in the news is inaccurate, untrue, or down right wrong.  The problem - there is no way of knowing WHICH 50% is right and which 50% is wrong.  That said,  I tend to wait a few days to get corrected news clips or misquotes cleared up before I can make a real judgement call; if I need to make one at all.  On the surface, a 4 yr old in the backseat with any gun, loaded or not, is absolutely wrong.  Now . . will wait a few days for a clearer picture about what was accidentily misreported or misquoted.  Doesn't make anything less unacceptable, but . . I like to make sure I have my facts straight before I "fire for effect"; especially knowing that I am not on the scene in Florida.

Bill I was not firing for effect as you put it. Just putting up a news story, which I first saw on CNN, then found on NUMEROUS media web sites. There were quotes from senior Florida police officers (who presumably are on scene!!) It was reported that she was shot in the back and the bullet came out through her abdomen, the bullet was later found in the front of the car. I suspect that she did not do it herself. Maybe it was Obama or Trump who did it depending on your political stance!!?? I think the facts are pretty straight!

Offline BillH52

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 03:15:13 PM »
Sorry Adam; had you confused with someone else on BE. 
In my experience, which includes 17 yrs in L.E. and lots of years in business in the U.S., I believe nothing I hear or read in the news; and only half of what I see with my very own eyes, which is a really sad statement re "journalism" in the U.S.  I have no political ax to grind; as mentioned, any firearm left out and available to all is sheer stupidity and utterly irresponsible.

Offline Adam

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »
No worries Bill.  love6

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy