{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Under consideration for retirement extension  (Read 53455 times)

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
Re: Under consideration for retirement extension
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2015, 10:28:24 AM »
Interesting stuff guys.

If some of you speak to Urleft or Tod Daniels they will probably lend you a few paragraphs which will make your posts much easier to read......

oldmanwithstick

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2015, 03:33:55 PM »
One thing that has been recommended is that you start to get a new extension as soon as you are able, I think that is 45 days beforehand. 

I have been putting it off to try to keep the 90 day reports to 3, but with on line reporting I don't really care if I have to it 5 times. 

And hopefully others like Voodoo will report their experiences as they occur as I expect to report mine in January.

The official immigration regulation states 45 days. KCI, like several others, work on 30 days.

Offline Eric2012

• Contributor with future
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2015, 03:56:34 PM »
Visited Mapthaphut Immigration today-Noticed a new sign titled-Visa extension procedure------------------------------------------------------------1.Fill application form(TM)2.Take a queue card.3.Pay the fee.4.The officer considers your application and make an appointment for result hearing.5.Come on the appointed date and application approved or not approved.      The "English"is as quoted from the new sign.I don't think this sign was there last September when I did my last retirement extension,as they did it on the spot with only minor hassles-extra photocopies of bank book etc.I thought 2 copies should be enough,the officer wanted 3!!!

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2015, 05:01:18 PM »
One thing that has been recommended is that you start to get a new extension as soon as you are able, I think that is 45 days beforehand. 

I have been putting it off to try to keep the 90 day reports to 3, but with on line reporting I don't really care if I have to it 5 times. 

And hopefully others like Voodoo will report their experiences as they occur as I expect to report mine in January.

The official immigration regulation states 45 days. KCI, like several others, work on 30 days.

KCI works on the 45 days.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »
Excuse me for thinking out of the box here, but.........

If this really is a new idea to crack down on scammers, why are immigration targeting people who are going to immigration and making a legitimate application to extend their stay?

Does a house visit make an income affidavit or a bank book and letter more "real" than it would be when checking in an office?

I can fully understand a visit for marriage, maybe for the first year anyway, but retirement?

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2015, 07:35:22 PM »
As mentioned before on this thread, instead of asking around in the neighbourhood if you are really living with your wife, they ask around if you are working, farming. cutting sugar cane...

Online DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2015, 11:22:47 PM »
Is farming not allowed?  Would I need a work permit to help the family with the farm?

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2015, 05:22:04 AM »
Near the top of the list of prescribed occupations for non-Thais is farming. Everyone in the village has seen me helping in the rice fields and knows that I am building an extension. I also drive a motorised vehicle, come to that, which is also on the list ( driving mechanically-propelled carried or driving non-mechanically-propelled vehicle, excluding international aircraft piloting;) so that idea of buying a buffalo cart will have to be abandoned.
I know one Belgian guy that works on a tractor 12 hours a day not far from Lamplaimat and from Thaivisa I know that there are others.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2015, 07:16:56 AM »

Good point Davureborn, and a point that also highlights and emphasises my previous point.

Why target those that are going to immigration with all of the correct forms?

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2015, 05:49:00 PM »
Went to KCI today.. Very quiet over there.. Was there for about an hour and was one of only 3 people who came in about visa extensions.. One Italian guy got the same treatment I did and walked out of there Under Consideration.. They had told me to call and make sure the paperwork was back, approved, before I showed up there.. Called 3 times over the past 3 weeks and was told it wasn't back yet.. The last call was on Tuesday.. Showed up there today since that's what the Under Consideration stamp in my passport told me to do.. It was also the last day before my visa expired.  They had my file sitting right there and processed it along with a multi reentry permit to go along with it.. Phone calls don't cut it.. They want to see you, in person..

One thing I did notice is that my file had more than doubled in size since my original application.. It was over an inch thick.. GL was right about the cavity search.. The last time I had a file that thick was for my security clearance when I was on active duty with the USAF..

Kind of odd that it was so quiet there.. Either there are a lot of people Under Consideration or this house cleaning they've been doing is starting to work.. Either way, I will start the paperwork earlier next year and after hearing about the most recent events out of Nongkai I may just stick with my retirement visa.. Now I'll get a chance to check out this 90 day reporting via email and if that works the next time KCI will see me is next June

Offline buckwhelk

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2015, 06:27:22 PM »
Went to KCI today.. Very quiet over there.. Was there for about an hour and was one of only 3 people who came in about visa extensions.. One Italian guy got the same treatment I did and walked out of there Under Consideration.. They had told me to call and make sure the paperwork was back, approved, before I showed up there.. Called 3 times over the past 3 weeks and was told it wasn't back yet.. The last call was on Tuesday.. Showed up there today since that's what the Under Consideration stamp in my passport told me to do.. It was also the last day before my visa expired.  They had my file sitting right there and processed it along with a multi reentry permit to go along with it.. Phone calls don't cut it.. They want to see you, in person..

One thing I did notice is that my file had more than doubled in size since my original application.. It was over an inch thick.. GL was right about the cavity search.. The last time I had a file that thick was for my security clearance when I was on active duty with the USAF..

Kind of odd that it was so quiet there.. Either there are a lot of people Under Consideration or this house cleaning they've been doing is starting to work.. Either way, I will start the paperwork earlier next year and after hearing about the most recent events out of Nongkai I may just stick with my retirement visa.. Now I'll get a chance to check out this 90 day reporting via email and if that works the next time KCI will see me is next June
Can you do a 90 day report via email??

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2015, 07:30:29 PM »

Can you do a 90 day report via email??

IMO that is a typo and he meant report via Internet ;)

Offline Voodoo

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 08:06:29 PM »
Sorry but that was a mistake on my part.. Should have been internet.. Thanks  for pointing it out..

Offline Jackie-boy

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2015, 01:12:16 AM »
Phone calls don't cut it.. They want to see you, in person..

You have to go to Immigration to get your passport stamped,it can't be done over the phone .Like you have said,turn up on the day the stamp specifies and your paperwork should be there for you and if it isn't they will give you a new stamp with a date to return on .By keep phoning them all the time wont help you get your extension any quicker 

The longer you say here the bigger your file gets,the Thais do love a photocopy, nothing untoward or to worry about really   :)

Kind of odd that it was so quiet there.. Either there are a lot of people Under Consideration or this house cleaning they've been doing is starting to work..

Or it could have been just a quiet day,I have been to KCI many times over the years and been the only farang there, so nothing odd in the least.

Either way, I will start the paperwork earlier next year and after hearing about the most recent events out of Nongkai I may just stick with my retirement visa..

Always best to give yourself plenty of time when renewing your extension, so you have time if the Immigration wants any additional paperwork or requirements. And don't believe all those horror stories,most are just bar talk, I've always found Immigration very helpful and those will the correct paperwork,smartly dressed and polite are treated in a manor they portray  cool1
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:14:40 AM by Jackie-boy »

Offline Voodoo

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2015, 07:54:03 AM »
Thanks Jackie-boy.. Appreciate the info.. Been back here less than 2 years and still learning the drill.. Sometimes I wonder what the drill is.. Totally agree about KCI personnel.. I've always been treated very well there..

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick