{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 3G Providers question  (Read 25218 times)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
3G Providers question
« on: June 08, 2015, 08:49:04 PM »
in between the time that we have moved in our new house and the time that TOT has setup Wi-Net at the house, I need to get a 3G package (PrePaid so not subscription).

So my question, if you use 3G, which 3G provider do you use and are you happy with them ?

And what package do you use at which cost per week / month ?

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: 3G Providers question
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 01:18:21 AM »
We generally use AIS, ฿300/month when we are going away for a few days, rarely found ourselves in a black hole.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 07:25:21 PM »
I went today to ToT Buriram and applied for Wi-Net. After paying them the (huge) amount for installing the tower (around 20 meters high) they told us that they will install it within 7 days.

So I will have internet even before we have moved in. (i hope and if so, then Yeah again)

I will still have a AIS 1 Gb MiFi as backup as what I have heard Wi-Net Is not really that reliable, but unfortunately it's the only thing I can get (except for 3G) for Internet in the sticks.

Fingers crossed that everything works out and I don't have to call 1100 every other day ;)

Offline mahdam

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »
TOT Installed our tower (25mtr's) about 3 years ago. Have no complaints at all so far.
OK sometimes it has a bit of glitch, but no more than I get here in the UK.
We are about 20 min's out in the sticks on the road that passes your original  intended building site.
The mast erection team are on the ball, and very interesting to watch.
The first visit they dug pits and concreted in the anchors. about 3 days after when the concrete had set
they came back and erected the mast, another 2 days later the Engineers came from TOT and wired it up and tuned it all in.
All in all a very good service.

Offline toffo

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 10:28:32 PM »
How far is the. TOT Tower from your home??   Is the internet quick.. What is your Download / upload speed??

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 06:16:27 AM »
How far is the. TOT Tower from your home??   Is the internet quick.. What is your Download / upload speed??

I think this question is for "'mahdam" but I can answer some questions.

The Tower is from my House around 5-6 Km (but I am not 100% sure about this one, as the Sales Lady said that the tower is in LamDuan and the techie said Krasang, if it is in Krasang then it is 10km as the crow flies)

Edit: if the internet is quick no idea, but a Guy in the village who has the same setup is watching YouTube all the time and never ever has buffering issues he told me.

The abs. max speed what you can get is 10 Mb Down and 0.25 Mb Up (but this according to the sales lady at TOT). Actual speed test I can give you as soon as they have installed the Tower.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 06:23:45 AM by iammike »

Offline toffo

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 05:36:54 PM »
Thanks Mike

Offline mahdam

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 08:12:58 PM »

Sorry Toffo, but I am a bit of a Ludite when it comes to these things.
I estimate we are around 10/12 k's from the mast in Krasang where we get our signal.
I reckon its every bit as quick as I am getting here in the UK. I never get frustrated with it, so it must be pretty quick.
Our package is for 10MB, actual speeds I'm not sure.
Sorry to be so vague, but until we get back in Oct its the best I can offer

Offline toffo

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 08:36:03 PM »
Thanks Mahdam.. I'm seriously thinking if getting this myself but have been waiting for other peoples opinions who have it already.. I think I'll go ahead and get it now.. thanks again..

Offline mahdam

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »
Thanks Mahdam.. I'm seriously thinking if getting this myself but have been waiting for other peoples opinions who have it already.. I think I'll go ahead and get it now.. thanks again..

we have never looked back since having it installed. Those bloody air card things were driving me crazy. Yes a big outlay at first, but as far as I am concerned, money well spent.
The ladies in the TOT office where on the ball as to exactly what was needed.
Good luck with it.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 09:26:50 PM »

toffo,

If you have a week or 2 I can let you know what I got and if it is any good, but if you get it please note that you have to fork out a significant amount (+/- 20k THB or more) to get your mast for Wi-Net installed when you apply for the service at TOT.

Offline toffo

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 09:35:41 PM »
That's fine mike I'll wait and see how yours is first.. How much is the mast?? I've been quoted 17000 .. Does that sound correct??  Thanks

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 09:41:04 PM »
That is about right however the guy in the village (I am the 2nd one to get it) paid around 3 years ago approx 40k, so I am waiting to see how much the actual costs are going to be when they come and install it.

I don't really understand the price difference. BTW his tower is 30 Meters high so I am wondering how high mine will be (15 m ???? ;)).

Also one thing you have to look out for when they install it is to see if they install earthing, I already bought Rods for them to install as I don't think they will bother/care.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:43:14 PM by iammike »

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 11:11:32 AM »
Those who already have a TOT tower installed on their property....how much is the monthly charge for the Internet service?
We already have a 25 metre tower which was installed by a company called PVS in Buriram. We went with them because another fella in the village used them and got a good service.
To date (  2 yrs service) our internet has been good and only drops out if there are thunder storms. However, we paid 42,000 baht for the tower and a further 7, 000 for the dish and cable to house. We also pay 1,700 a month for the Internet service so by no means a cheap option.
We do of course own the tower so it may now be worth looking at alternative providers depending on reliability of service and monthly costs.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 03:20:07 PM »
Tot is busy installing my tower at this moment, will report back later on.

First impressions is aoke

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM