{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Police Visit Today...  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Police Visit Today...
« on: April 08, 2015, 02:45:21 PM »
Early afternoon a policeman and a representative of the Phu Yai Ban turned up at my place.

Working from a computer generated list, they were checking the "status" of non-Thais in the Tambon of Chumhet, where I obviously live.

After correcting the spelling of my surname for them and supplying my home 'phone number I had my picture taken standing next to the policeman. He was all smiles and giving a big  thumbup.

I was not asked for my passport but showed it so he could see the spelling mistake on his list.

He did ask for my wife's name and to avoid confusion I showed him the Tabien Baan.

He then took one more picture of my passport info page and my wife's and my entry in the Tabien Baan.

Some interesting (or maybe not) things to come out of this visit.....

It was the first time I have had a home visit in the 10 years I have been at this address despite being "registered" at the Buriram police station some 9 years ago.

There were 140 names on the list for Chumhet Tambon alone. Considering that there are 189 Tambons and 2212 mubans (villages) in Buriram Province, there must be a shit_load of us here.

I managed a quick glance at the list and it was interesting to note the different countries of origin. Everywhere from Cameroon to Korea and all places North East South and West of them.

All in all a painless experience.........

Offline Westlife

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Police Visit Today...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 03:28:51 PM »
The Same thing happened to me a while back. The local Policeman is a friend of mine and came down to the Amphur office to be a guarantor for my yellow house book.
Every now and again they do a rough check of the local Immigrants just to keep the records up to date. As you say " a  painless experience " and you'll probably end up on his Facebook Page  biggrin1

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 07:30:28 PM »
The Same thing happened to me a while back. The local Policeman is a friend of mine and came down to the Amphur office to be a guarantor for my yellow house book.
Every now and again they do a rough check of the local Immigrants just to keep the records up to date. As you say " a  painless experience " and you'll probably end up on his Facebook Page biggrin1

I hope not...

3 day growth and sunburned after a 4 hour swimming session on Tuesday.

Only a face that a Mother could love springs to mind  whistle

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:24:53 AM »
Pu Yai came to my house yesterday to ask me how to spell my name. Looks like I'll be getting a visit soon.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 08:21:44 AM »
Its all those shady charters in Buriram. vampv

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy