{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Domestic violence  (Read 22079 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Domestic violence
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2015, 09:56:45 PM »

Some things can just be left unsaid.

Exactly.  And you should have thought that before you made your Rambo post. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 10:07:39 PM »
There is a thread going on a forum based not too far from here. The basic topic has become the behaviour of local in the villages. Talkin about drunkardness etc.

The general census is that there are good and bad every where. There are times when one must turn a blind eye regardless of how they feel. There are points that some people have enjoyable lives here and some have their lives turned to hell.

At the end of the day most people are talking about living with their family. THAT must be the most important thing.

To get involved in something that you shouldn't do could have detrimental results.

I have been in my village for many years. I generally get on very well with the locals. There are some people that are not too keen. That is nothing on me personally but more that I am an outsider. There are even some Thai people here that are looked upon differently because they don't speak the same Issan dialect.

We do occasionally have incidents in our village. Guns have been used but as yet only as a threat. Do I get involved? Do I f&^k.

That, I believe, is why I am in the forementioned group that have enjoyable lives here.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 10:17:43 PM »
I started a Thread here about Thai Shitheads, and I continue that belief, "you look at them like you are going to kill them they will leave you alone."

After 3+ years dealing with drunks, druggies, retrobates, etc.   I have yet to have my stance proved wrong. 

However, be prepared to back it up. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 10:25:03 PM »
I started a Thread here about Thai Shitheads, and I continue that belief, "you look at them like you are going to kill them they will leave you alone."

After 3+ years dealing with drunks, druggies, retrobates, etc.   I have yet to have my stance proved wrong. 

I prefer to speak to them in their own language.

Explain to them that now is not the time to have another drink but they are welcome back tomorrow.

I learnt that in the days when I worked in a pub in England. Don't piss a drunk man off. Keep him calm.

I have a couple of guys here in our shop right now. Their mate, who was quite drunk last night, and wanted more, has just left.He was very thankful to me for leading him home last night.

mxyzptlk

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
Spot on Steve

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:51 PM »

I prefer to speak to them in their own language.

Explain to them that now is not the time to have another drink but they are welcome back tomorrow.

I learnt that in the days when I worked in a pub in England. Don't piss a drunk man off. Keep him calm.

I have a couple of guys here in our shop right now. Their mate, who was quite drunk last night, and wanted more, has just left.He was very thankful to me for leading him home last night.

My approach also worked for me in Panama in the 70/80's.     

But if you way continues to work I will monitor.   

My way is the big dog rules, good luck on your way. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 10:40:58 PM »
Me too,Urleft.

The big friendly dog.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 10:41:57 PM »
Me too,Urleft.

The big friendly dog.

Should be the big unfriendly dog. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 10:45:33 PM »
Me too,Urleft.

The big friendly dog.

I believe that would be the title for the one who "looks at them like you are going to kill them".

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2015, 10:55:07 PM »
Me too,Urleft.

The big friendly dog.

I believe that would be the title for the one who "looks at them like you are going to kill them".

Yup, that is me. 

mxyzptlk

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2015, 10:56:37 PM »
Keith,
I must admit that a "stern look" from you would have me shaking in my bootees.....

Offline mike

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 10:56:58 PM »

You have to be right every time and proven wrong just once. Good luck with your stance.

Mike

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2015, 11:12:50 PM »
Growing up in Detroit I tried friendly, being beat down in a stairway is not fun. 

Since I adopted the kill look stategy, I have not been beat down in a stairway.   

But I will admit there is a difference between a 16 year old boy and a tired old man with 3 combat tours in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan.     

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2015, 09:27:23 PM »
Getting back to the point, owning a gun legally in Thailand for most ( but not all ) people is for security, safety and peace of mind IN THE HOME. To have a gun in your car or about your person requires a second license, i.e. to ' carry a firearm '. It is very unlikely any foreigner as in ' non Thai ' would be issued a firearm license in the first place. If your wife or girlfriend has a firearm it is her that can use it, not the ' non Thai ' person. There are very serious implications here. A ' non Thai ' cannot even own a BB gun legally though you can buy them readily. As has been mentioned, get involved in the heat of the moment, wave a ' gun ' at a Thai and you are in for deep sh1t. All of a sudden, you are the criminal and when they inform the police anything they had done would take second place. Like Coco and several others, I'd find it hard not to get involved but a saying I like to keep in my mind is that every action creates a reaction.  In the heat of the moment you jump out of your vehicle and intervene in whatever level you consider appropriate but then when you calm down and drive away ( or whatever ) what comes into your mind is what could now happen to you. Been there, done that and it changed many things for me and the misses.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2015, 09:45:51 AM »
Getting back to the point, owning a gun legally in Thailand for most ( but not all ) people is for security, safety and peace of mind IN THE HOME. To have a gun in your car or about your person requires a second license, i.e. to ' carry a firearm '. It is very unlikely any foreigner as in ' non Thai ' would be issued a firearm license in the first place. If your wife or girlfriend has a firearm it is her that can use it, not the ' non Thai ' person. There are very serious implications here. A ' non Thai ' cannot even own a BB gun legally though you can buy them readily. As has been mentioned, get involved in the heat of the moment, wave a ' gun ' at a Thai and you are in for deep sh1t. All of a sudden, you are the criminal and when they inform the police anything they had done would take second place. Like Coco and several others, I'd find it hard not to get involved but a saying I like to keep in my mind is that every action creates a reaction.  In the heat of the moment you jump out of your vehicle and intervene in whatever level you consider appropriate but then when you calm down and drive away ( or whatever ) what comes into your mind is what could now happen to you. Been there, done that and it changed many things for me and the misses.

There is no second license there is only one license and that license is fire arm specific and is also your concealed weapons permit. As you said the odds of a faring getting this license is slim to none.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick