{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015  (Read 140918 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 09:17:35 PM »
Well today was  90 day and retirement extension day,arrived at 10:30am entered the building and was going to turn right, but was called to a desk to the left by a young lady, was asked for my passport she look through it, and then gave my wife three forms for me to fill in,   wildman the first was some questions, of what was already on the TM 7, 2nd asking if i understood what would happen if i overstayed, 3rd again name, age,ext, ext, so with this done, gave her the papers back, now she wants the TM7 and all the photocopies i had already, i also had copies of all pages in my bank book, and departure card, she puts them all in order then stamps everyone over my signature. OK no, tells my wife to go to copy shop, get copy all, me told go get 90 day in room, im in room to the right as last,    redman  only two people waiting,  got the 90 day ,and was asked to go take a seat, my wife came back with all the photocopies,  was called up again and with all the paper checked, guess what, Under Consideration, i think we all know what will happen next. Visit in the next week or two.    bananadance 

So you needed 2 copies of all docs for an extension based on retirement???

Looks like Immigration wanted an extra copy with their stamp on.

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2015, 09:52:42 AM »
The hardest working employee at KC is now the lady in the foyer. Apparently it's her job to vet every applicant walking through the door ... and their paperwork.

It's a ridiculous situation. The foyer has 1 bench seat that can seat 2-3 people. There were 10 people standing around the day I visited.

There is no numbering system, so nobody knows "who is next".

There's absolutely no privacy, so you've always got some nobody (another applicant), either sitting next to you at the table, or peering over your shoulder, happily reading all your private docs.

Then ... the phone rings ... and everything grinds to a halt for 10mins whilst she yaks away.

Then ... yipee ... it's your turn. No .... some local that walked through the door 20mins after you immediately sits at the table and jumps a 10 person queue.

Phwrrrr ... it's a hell of a way to run a busy Immi Centre.

I'm not really critical of the hard working lass. She knows what she is doing and is very efficient and pleasant. Just seems to me that she could do with some helpers.

Offline bonghead

• Contributor with future
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2015, 11:10:25 AM »
Smoooth2   Very good post, i will second that,

Offline bonghead

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »
My wife got a phone call today, to say that Immigration will come tomorrow, they told her they wanted photocopies of ID card and house book of head, and second head of village, also mentioned that they would need some petrol money as they will be useing own
car, didnt say how much, i've nothing so its no problem. Posted a bit late no power since 1pm.       bananadance

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »
My wife got a phone call today, to say that Immigration will come tomorrow, they told her they wanted photocopies of ID card and house book of head, and second head of village, also mentioned that they would need some petrol money as they will be useing own
car, didnt say how much, i've nothing so its no problem. Posted a bit late no power since 1pm.       bananadance

I think that has entered into the screwing zone. 

Offline bonghead

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 01:43:12 PM »
Well that was no big deal, Immigration came at 8;45, with laptop and printer, they asked for Passport, Bank Book, Marriage documents,
asked for proof of income from Embassy i told him i use 800000 in Bank, he still seemed to want some kind of proof of income i gave last months English Bank Statement, that was OK, the village head man, and second head were present, and filled in some paper work,  i wasn't asked anything else, the guy on the laptop typing all the time, then some printouts, marriage papers, and affidavit papers, which i had to sign, and that was that, was told if i get caught drinking and driving i will go to court, they left at 10:00, they didn't asked for any money but i gave some,
Two very nice guys, my wife told me after that any Falang that cause problems in the village they live, or beats there Wife will be deported, that's what they told her.        redman

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 03:10:06 PM »
Sounds about right.. Sounds about the same as what the wife and I went through when they interviewed us.. Except for something to drink (non alcohol) we didn't give them anything and they never asked for anything.. Glad to hear that things went well for you..

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2015, 02:07:17 PM »
Well that was no big deal, Immigration came at 8;45, with laptop and printer, they asked for Passport, Bank Book, Marriage documents,
asked for proof of income from Embassy i told him i use 800000 in Bank, he still seemed to want some kind of proof of income i gave last months English Bank Statement, that was OK, the village head man, and second head were present, and filled in some paper work,  i wasn't asked anything else, the guy on the laptop typing all the time, then some printouts, marriage papers, and affidavit papers, which i had to sign, and that was that, was told if i get caught drinking and driving i will go to court, they left at 10:00, they didn't asked for any money but i gave some,
Two very nice guys, my wife told me after that any Falang that cause problems in the village they live, or beats there Wife will be deported, that's what they told her.        redman

Just had a chat with Bonghead about an eventful day that he has had today. It is a bit long winded so I offered to post this on his behalf.

Just prior to immigration departing from his home yesterday they reminded him of the need to register at the local police station.

This morning he and his wife went to Lamplaimat police station to register. They said they cannot do it and that they would have to go to Buriram. That they did. Bonghead now has a nice letter from the police confirming that he lives where he says he does. This was made all the easier as one of the officers involved lives in the same area and so knew the family.

Upon leaving the police station the police told of a new requirement for 90 day reporting at immigration. It was said that it is now necessary to go to the police station to get a proof of residence prior to going to immigration to report ninety days. This has come from the top. The officer who told Bonghead of this requirement is the boss of the department that deals with expats. He said "new orders".

This  leads to some obvious questions.

Has anyone else been told this?

Does this mean that 90 day online is going to be suspended?

Is this as of now? Are there going to be people going to immigration only to be told to go and get the letter and return the next day?

Is it national or local to Kap Cheung?

Anyone??????

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2015, 02:30:40 PM »
I can see me having more overseas trips - and making sure I time them every 90 days.

I might as well go back to having a Non-Imm 'O' visa.

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2015, 02:44:15 PM »
While reading Starman's post about Bonghead's adventures I had a really weird experience - I feel sure I could hear the theme from the Benny Hill Show.....

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2015, 04:14:33 PM »
Have not heard anything like that in Kap Choeng. Sounds like a local thing. BUUUUUT will keep my hearing aid on. :biggrin:

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2015, 04:43:50 PM »
Interesting.. I guess I'll find out in a few more weeks when I try to do my first online 90 day report.. Think I'll just make a little trip down to the Ampur and my local cop shop and see what they know.. I'll also find out how much weight my yellow book carries.. That's supposed to be my CR.. And the beat goes on.. Stay tuned..

Offline KhunG

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »
I did a 90 report online a week ago, and was approved.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »

The police officer implied that it was very recent.

Bearing in mind that the border runs were halted on 13th I would imagine that this might have been about the same time.

TiT. Let's see what happens.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2015, 06:26:17 PM »

The police officer implied that it was very recent.

Bearing in mind that the border runs were halted on 13th I would imagine that this might have been about the same time.

TiT. Let's see what happens.

Yep.  My next requirement is to renew my retirement extension end of next month.  Do they reset the 90 days then?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick