{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Is Roy Hodgson the right man?  (Read 9476 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Is Roy Hodgson the right man?
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:44:42 AM »
Now it seems Money will dictate who will become the next England Head Coach

Offline TELLBOY

• Contributor with future
Re: Is Roy Hodgson the right man?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:07:23 AM »
I don't think Roy Hodgson is the right man for the job so if he gets it we know he will have to be a yes man to the British F.A. Most of us on here who have played football could do the job afterall you dint have to go out and buy players they come to you with a birth certificate and all this for 4,000,000 quid a year.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:27:13 AM by TELLBOY »

Offline tommygun

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:51:39 AM »
all Hodgson will be is another yes man, I cannot see him lasting long Redknapp   was the ideal candidate but the powers that be seems to think otherwise.  character4

Offline ischme

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »
Typical of English supporters. Jump on someones back before they have even started. Give the man a chance. He has experience at all levels.

His major feat was taking Fulham, a team full of players not as good as the opposition, to the Europa Cup final. Many supporters have been saying that the English players are not as good as other nations. Well maybe Hodgson can do it again.

Redknapp would have cost lots of money. At last the FA are not throwing their money around.

Lets get behind the man and see what happens.

Offline smithy99

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »
WTF has arry the saggy chop faced T*** done to be England manager

Woys the man for the job and a nice 16/1 offered by Stan James,Thank You

Footnote

Lets do the Sean Maloney Hokey Cokey   spot1    monkeydancing

Offline tommygun

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »
Take it your a Tottenham supporter Smithy99 lol. the job is a poisoned chalice to who ever does it. The biggest problem he will have is the egos. yeahme
ischme If he can bring some pride back to England then i'll give the fella all credit.

Offline mike

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 02:28:31 AM »
IMVHO as someone who has played football at a very low level for many years and watched the game at a very high level for just as long is that no Manager will be able to help the English players be good enough to win the world cup.

However I do believe that amongst the English Managers he has the right credentials to get the best out of a national team with the meagre resources that he has at hand.

Here are couple of his feats as a national manager :-

Guided the Switzerland national team to the last 16 of the 1994 World Cup and qualification for Euro 1996; Switzerland had not qualified for a major tournament since the 1960s.

From 2006 to 2007, he managed the Finland national team, guiding them to their highest ever FIFA ranking of 33rd place, and coming close to qualifying for a major tournament for the first time in their history.

Will he be given the chance by the media - I say the media and not the fans - then I believe Not.

To finish off on this subject (for me) my comments on various posts.

Posted by: nookiebear
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:44:42 AM » Insert Quote

Now it seems Money will dictate who will become the next England Head Coach

Great opening post to provoke replies - but nothing proven on this as far as I am aware - just media provaction.

Posted by: TELLBOY
« on: May 01, 2012, 07:07:23 AM » Insert Quote

...... you dint have to go out and buy players they come to you with a birth certificate and all this for 4,000,000 quid a year.

As far as I am aware Roy Hodgson doesn't go out and buy teams like Harry Redknapp (correct me if I am wrong on this by quoting a comparision RH v HR in money spent on players). The money that HR spent has bought some success in his 29 years of football managment - 1 FA Cup and 1 1/4 final in the champions league.

I seriously don't know how HR would cope managing a team he could not buy. Perhaps someone could tell me ?

Posted by: ischme
« on: Yesterday at 12:43:03 PM » Insert Quote

Typical of English supporters. Jump on someones back before they have even started. Give the man a chance. He has experience at all levels.

His major feat was taking Fulham, a team full of players not as good as the opposition, to the Europa Cup final. Many supporters have been saying that the English players are not as good as other nations. Well maybe Hodgson can do it again.

Redknapp would have cost lots of money. At last the FA are not throwing their money around.

Lets get behind the man and see what happens.

My sentiments entirely but I doubt that it will happen (that we get behind the man) jumping1.

Posted by: smithy99
« on: Yesterday at 03:08:42 PM » Insert Quote

WTF has arry the saggy chop faced T*** done to be England manager

Maybe the FA were worried that he would ask them to buy Ronaldo, Messi .....  :) Seriously nothing of substance like Capello before him. And he made a great job of being England Manager didn't he  ::) :o swordfight

Posted by: tommygun
« on: Yesterday at 06:36:40 PM » Insert Quote

The biggest problem he will have is the egos.

Egged on by the media.

ischme If he can bring some pride back to England then i'll give the fella all credit.

Agreed - but we would be fools to think that any other manager could do better than he could.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:30:28 AM by mike »

Offline smithy99

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »
If the saggy chop face twohead had taken over,he would have had fat frank in,the scum jt and the old brigade,lets hope Woy brings in a bit of youth over the next four years

Its not all doom and gloom as long as we dump the likes of JT FAT FRANK CASHLEY COLE

Leighton baines gary cahill and scott parker can replace them three,kyle walker for right back,plenty of options but it will take time

Onwards and upwards

Footnote

Lets all do the Sean maloney Hokey Cokey  spot1    monkeydancing

Offline TELLBOY

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 12:21:46 PM »
all you guyes can now give youre roy hodgson  a big thank you for restoring some pride to the england team lmfao....... as regards harry he will never be the england manager hes like brian clough and would never be a yes man to the fa  to be a little fair to roy he just hasent got the players.

Offline mike

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 12:16:15 AM »
all you guyes can now give youre roy hodgson  a big thank you for restoring some pride to the england team lmfao....... as regards harry he will never be the england manager hes like brian clough and would never be a yes man to the fa  to be a little fair to roy he just hasent got the players.

Actually he has achieved one of his major aims that he set out in his first television interview.

To play like Spain :-)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM