{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: internet what to get  (Read 27381 times)

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: internet what to get
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 09:26:42 AM »
Gave up TOT. Been there three times before and after waiting for MONTHS and reminding them, still no response in any way. maybe they have agreat product, but they take no effort in selling it.
got true now. it's relatively good.

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 09:32:15 AM »
TOT are currently ahead of 3BB for coverage. I have been looking at upgrading. The best option for me, as I don't have a landline telephone, is the 17000 baht TOT tower. 3BB cannot get me a signal even though I am only 9km from town.

I know two guys who have a TOT tower and they say there have been no major problems.

They have suggested, however, to get the telephone number of the engineer when he comes to install. If there is a problem in the future you can contact him and he will come and look, for a "fee" of course, but that eliminates the wait. Also TOT will probably charge anyway.

Starman

Did you ever get this installed?Any details would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mr. Kerrs69, I suggest you contact Beer Leo. He knows a lot more about it. thumbup

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 09:53:40 AM »
TOT are currently ahead of 3BB for coverage. I have been looking at upgrading. The best option for me, as I don't have a landline telephone, is the 17000 baht TOT tower. 3BB cannot get me a signal even though I am only 9km from town.

I know two guys who have a TOT tower and they say there have been no major problems.

They have suggested, however, to get the telephone number of the engineer when he comes to install. If there is a problem in the future you can contact him and he will come and look, for a "fee" of course, but that eliminates the wait. Also TOT will probably charge anyway.

Starman

Thanks

No, I didn't.

When I went there they quoted me 30000+. I declined.

The current situation differs according to where you live. TOT now have cable available where we are. As someone else has mention the price of installation is high so you need a large group of people to "sign up". TOT quoted me 41000 baht and suggested they wanted 10 people to sign. The problem is that there are not that many people in my village that are that interested. I have also been told by many people that the TOT service is not good. Sometimes slow and sometimes nothing at all.

On the way to where I live (Buriram-Nang Rong road) True, who seem to have the best reviews, only have cable upto BigC. They say they will be nearer to us by year end.

3BB are still 3 kms away.

So I am still using my 3g sim card. The speed is good, the service is very reliable. The problem is that 3g speed is limited to 5GB a month.

Offline kerrs69

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 10:01:53 AM »
Thanks all for your replies i would struggle to get 10 people in my village aswell still using true 3g aswell

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 10:55:59 AM »
Thanks all for your replies i would struggle to get 10 people in my village aswell still using true 3g aswell

TOT for 7500 baht installed sat dish. 600 baht per mont for 10mb. TOT will come out to check you can get signal. This is yours only

Offline Beer Leo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »

Starman

Thanks

Mr. Kerrs69, I suggest you contact Beer Leo. He knows a lot more about it. thumbup

Maybe, but I'm afraid to post anything, might get banned and besides I'm still in a rasta mode since yesterday's Jamaican party. Why do something today if you can postponed until tomorrow. Kerrs69 lets talk over a Norwegian Stew next time....

Offline kerrs69

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 08:53:03 PM »

Starman

Thanks

Maybe, but I'm afraid to post anything, might get banned and besides I'm still in a rasta mode since yesterday's Jamaican party. Why do something today if you can postponed until tomorrow. Kerrs69 lets talk over a Norwegian Stew next time....

Beet leo

That is a great idea but at this rate i may be possibly 6ft under by the time i get to taste your famous stew....which looks lovely bye the way ive seen so many puctures if it.....lol

Thanks mate hope to see you soon

Jerrs68

Offline candy

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 07:59:43 AM »

Starman

Thanks

Beet leo

That is a great idea but at this rate i may be possibly 6ft under by the time i get to taste your famous stew....which looks lovely bye the way ive seen so many puctures if it.....lol

Thanks mate hope to see you soon

Jerrs68

I think you need a new keyboard or start wearing glasses. confused4

Offline kerrs69

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 08:13:36 AM »
Candy

Miniature screen and keyboard not good at my age......Be better sticking to copy n paste like yourselve.555

Kerrs69

Offline candy

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 08:57:16 AM »
Candy

Miniature screen and keyboard not good at my age......Be better sticking to copy n paste like yourselve.555

Kerrs69

Shouldn't you be packing?                bike038            ( And don't forget to put some horses in the ice box.) alcoholic

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 10:21:05 AM »
Does anyone have any accurate info on getting TOT WiNet in ? (ADSL is not an option where I am going to live)

Area is Amphoe Krasang near Lam Duan / Huai Samran.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »
Does anyone have any accurate info on getting TOT WiNet in ? (ADSL is not an option where I am going to live)

WinNet by TOT is a very viable option from TOT. You will need to have TOT come out to your location to make sure of your signal. If a go its 7500 baht for set up and as low as 600 baht per month for 10 mb.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »
Thanks GL (again).

Will go and talk to them, if it is a NoGo then I am stuck with 3G, fortunately that is available over there however 5GB lasts me only a couple of days :(

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »

WinNet by TOT is a very viable option from TOT. You will need to have TOT come out to your location to make sure of your signal. If a go its 7500 baht for set up and as low as 600 baht per month for 10 mb.

Hi Gotlost,

Do you have a link or something from TOT about that,please?

I went into TOT Buriram yesterday and they denied all knowledge of anything with that price.

I have been told that I need a tower. That is 17000 baht. Maybe it is the distance.

I am only 9kms from town so I would imagine that Mike in Lam Duan will need one too.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 05:08:47 PM »
Yes I will definitely need to have one installed when I move, I am approx 4-5 km from Lam Duan and 15km+ from Krasang. The last time I was there, I checked and nothing available except WiNet and 3G

3G would cost me a substantial amount (10k+) every month (I love to watch TV via UkTV.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:10:19 PM by iammike »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM