{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: does anybody have any experience of the quality of arc welders here  (Read 4532 times)

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
As the title suggests i am looking to buy an arc welder and dont recognise any of the brands can anybody give any insight into what is a good welder to purchase here only carrying out mild steel work so nothing exotic is required
thanks in advance

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
Re: does anybody have any experience of the quality of arc welders here
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 04:45:06 PM »
We just bought a cheapo ฿2800.- one (Makita) on the basis that if it held out for a year then it was worth it, you pay more to hire one back home for one day.
It got used a lot more than we had thought and is still going strong.

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 06:50:12 PM »
The "Makita" Welders sold in Thailand are a "unique brand". They are not affiliated with Makita Tool Corporation based in Japan. They are NOT a product made, or designed or marketed by Makita Tools.  Which does not mean there is not a market for that "Makita Welder" nor does it prevent me for selling that welder brand or  Puma Arc Welders .  My sales staff point out they are not connected with the Makita Tools I sell or the Puma Air Compressor Company.

Two reputable real brands with real two or three year warranties, depending upon the model, with spare parts easy to stock and obtain in Buriram are 1) Welpro   and 2) iWeld    These two brands have a wide variety of welding machines, in moderate to not so moderate price ranges, but all with a real warranty.  I will be at my new Hardware Store on Highway 2074, located directly across from the Buriram Provincial Electricity Authority four story office building from 8:30a.m. to 5:30p.m. Sunday through Saturday.  It would be my pleasure to personally show you any welders, to show you the repair department located at my store, and to prove to you I have the lowest prices on name brand tools, bar none, in Buriram.  I will beat any "advertised" price on any specific model power tool, water pump, water tank,  or welding machine, that I have in stock from any Buriram or Surin Province store advertisement.    I discount and deliver the welding gas used by many welding shops in Buriram Province.

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:32:46 PM »
The welders and Battery Charger sold in Buriram and other parts of Thailand that at first glance appear to be "Makita" brand are actually "Makito".
Ruangsangthai stocks and repairs genuine Makita Lawn Mowers, Makita Garden Tools, Makita Power Tools, Makita Brush Cutters, Makita Water Pumps. I sell only two models of "Makito" Arc welders and two models of Makito battery chargers. My staff make it clear to Thai and Expats Makito is NOT a Makita Tool Corporation Product. 

The  Makito welder has two different grades that are primarily determined by percentage of copper. The lowest end Makito I sell for 2700 baht,the other I sell 3400 baht.  "Wel-D" is another lower end line of welder. Wel-D is to iWeld, what Skil Tools are to Bosch Tools. There is only a one year warranty on "Wel-D" welders in Buriram.  However there is a TWO year warranty on iWeld welders and a THREE year warranty on "Welpro" welders.  The repair Department of Ruangsangthai Hardware can fix Wel-D, iWeld and Welpro welding machines at the Buriram store since I have most replacement parts in stock.

If Ban1216 has any questions regarding Arc Welders I would like the opportunity to show and demonstrate any brands of Arc Welders.

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
Thank you for your very detailed answer regarding the welders available i shall come over and see you personally before i purchase my tools and i was aware that the makita branded items are not affiliated with the real makita brand (in fact i am reasonably sure makita dont even produce welders lol)
once agin thankyou

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM