{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies  (Read 69756 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »
Just had an Expat here to print forms for KCI, fleeced him out of 6 baht. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2015, 12:25:50 PM »

Extortion.. :D

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2015, 08:56:56 PM »

Extortion.. :D

Yes I milked him for all it was worth.  He then said he would be back next year with extra work.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2015, 07:01:36 PM »
I am working at updates to the package but before I post I need to do some resizing to try to have all attachments on one post. 

However, if you are going for an extension, take a signed copy of your Thai Significant other's ID.  I saw an expat refused service for not having that, he had to call his TG and get her to fax a signed copy, took him 2 hours to get it. 

And better yet, I recommend you take your TG with you, the agents prefer for talk to them. 

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2015, 07:14:50 PM »
^^^^^ similar thing happened first thing this morning.

Unfortunate chap had everything including rent receipts and a letter from his landlady.

Even after a call to her (from the IO) he had to go and get copies of her ID card and Tabien ban.

Both have to be signed and dating them is a good idea.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2015, 09:49:04 AM »
Are you still talking about retirement extensions? Why would you need a copy of your partner's ID? What if you don't have a partner?

Not sure that immigration officials prefer to speak to expats wives of girlfriends but more likely prefer to speak Thai.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2015, 10:19:01 AM »
Are you still talking about retirement extensions? Why would you need a copy of your partner's ID? What if you don't have a partner?

Not sure that immigration officials prefer to speak to expats wives of girlfriends but more likely prefer to speak Thai.

That is all perfectly true Starman, but the fact remains that the IO's seem to gain a degree of comfort by having your partner sign a copy of their ID.

TOTALLY unnecessary for a retirement extension.

I agree that going alone, and speaking Thai, gives a sense of independence; but I cannot speak Thai fluently and have found that taking the missus gives me a degree of comfort. She is also useful in getting passport pages copied so I can complete the multiple re-entry application.

I experienced the same situation with Bangkok Bank. They have an excellent website and I printed out, and completed, the appropriate account opening forms. No good! the BKB employee insisted on writing out her own Thai language version of the form and got Jip to sign a copy of her ID.

It is like the IO's and bank clerks see some form of 'guarantee' in the signed copy of ID.

Offline Nobby

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2015, 10:26:41 AM »

That is all perfectly true Starman, but the fact remains that the IO's seem to gain a degree of comfort by having your partner sign a copy of their ID.

TOTALLY unnecessary for a retirement extension.

I agree that going alone, and speaking Thai, gives a sense of independence; but I cannot speak Thai fluently and have found that taking the missus gives me a degree of comfort. She is also useful in getting passport pages copied so I can complete the multiple re-entry application.

I experienced the same situation with Bangkok Bank. They have an excellent website and I printed out, and completed, the appropriate account opening forms. No good! the BKB employee insisted on writing out her own Thai language version of the form and got Jip to sign a copy of her ID.

It is like the IO's and bank clerks see some form of 'guarantee' in the signed copy of ID.

If my girlfriend had a wife, the last thing I'd be worrying about is an Immigration Officers!  :D runningdog

Offline Somnat

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2015, 10:28:22 AM »
Just to clarify my previous post ............

Retirement extension at Kapchoeng.

Married applicant staying / living with wife:

A copy of your wife's Thai ID card, both sides, signed and dated.

A  copy of your wife's Blue book / House book / Tabien Baan (call it what you will) showing the information page and her details, signed and dated.

Single applicant:

Copies of House masters (the owner of the property where you are residing) ID and Tabien baan as above.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2015, 11:21:55 AM »
This ID card copy has just started, and if you read the KCI Retirement instructions it states:

Immigration officials reserve the right to request additional documents if considered necessary. 

Obviously they now consider the ID card necessary. 

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2015, 11:35:38 AM »
This ID card copy has just started, and if you read the KCI Retirement instructions it states:

Immigration officials reserve the right to request additional documents if considered necessary. 

They considered it necessary last June Keith.

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2015, 11:51:17 AM »
It seems to be that the documentation requirements are not only set by the immigration office you go to but also by the immigration officer you get when you go there.. My wife and I have made it as simple as possible for us.. We now have a book/binder with all the original documents and multiple copies of each in that book.. This way if they ask we can produce it for them.. We take the book with us each time we go there.. If there's any new forms or documentation that they ask for we add it to the book.. So far that's worked out.. Again it all depends who you wind up sitting down in front of and dealing with.. A suggestion is that you have your GF or house master with you and that the copies of the documents are signed there, in front of them.. Had a neighbor who had to produce his wife, in person.. Excuse was that they wanted to make sure she was alive and really existed..

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2015, 12:02:18 PM »

They considered it necessary last June Keith.

That may be so, but no one bothered to add that information to this thread so I was not aware of that new requirement. 

Someone did post that he had to provide a copy, but he did not state it was now a KCI requirement. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2015, 12:10:31 PM »
Urleft..Buriram Expats, whilst being an informative and often fun forum, is not the centre of all things Retirement visa. There are many other places where information can be found. I would not rely on one single local forum for visa information.

Somnat... From your post it seems that the Thai ID card is being used more as a proof of residence.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »
Urleft..Buriram Expats, whilst being an informative and often fun forum, is not the centre of all things Retirement visa. There are many other places where information can be found. I would not rely on one single local forum for visa information.

Somnat... From your post it seems that the Thai ID card is being used more as a proof of residence.

Despite providing suitable correspondence I got the impression that proof of residence was easier to achieve by taking the ID copy.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick