{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies  (Read 69752 times)

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 08:13:03 AM »
When using the combination method the money does not need to be seasoned in your bank account for 3 months.

That is the law, but I have heard of a couple of offices interpreting it differently.

Maybe our budding reporter GL could check with KC when he next goes there.  thumbup

KC says 3 months seasoning on combo.

This question about "seasoning" of money in the bank when using the combination method of extension often comes up on Thai Visa forum.

Besides Kapchoeng I believe that there are a few other Immigration offices that insist on the same.

Hua Hin and Nan (?) seem to ring a bell.

Despite the fact that Police order 777-2551  2.22 clearly states that In the case of Retirement (5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date it appears some offices interpret the rules in their own way.

I do remember doing a retirement extension at Khorat some years ago using the combo method where the money in my Thai bank had been transferred 2 weeks prior without any problems. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 08:41:48 PM »
As I mentioned, income is a whole posting by itself.   

From my limited standpoint, I want to ensure I have at least 800K baht in the bank.  I view that as the requirement to live here.  Yes there are ways to get around it, however the immigration stations can change how they view things just before you try to get an extension. 

So I hope you have a plan, and a backup plan.  My backup plan is the Embassy income statement. 

mxyzptlk

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 07:47:45 AM »
I’m starting a new topic so I can readily go back at reference the requirements.
I successfully obtained a new retirement extension from KCI on 6 Feb.  I put together a packet and it was complete as I could have made it. 

So if you are going for a retirement extension, have the following:

·    TM 7, printed on a single sheet front and back.  (attached)
·     Color Photo 4 x 6 cm (I already had mine attached to the TM 7)
·      Passport
·       Copies of all used pages from your Passport.  Sign each page.
·       Copies of house book, sign each page.  I also had the house book but the agent did not check it. 
·       Proof of income.  I have used both a bank statement and letter from Embassy, both worked.
·       Thai income form.  (attached)
·        Acknowledgement form (attached)
·        1900 baht.

Now if you are not leaving Thailand, this is basically it, except KCI might require a TM 47 (90 day report).

Forms Required (TM 7 and 47 can be filled in using work, the other 2 require pen and ink):
When I did mine In January I also had to provide a copy of my wife's ID card, signed by her and also a map showing the location of my house. They didn't ask for the Thai income form, but they did last year.
It just shows how variable the process can be....

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 11:32:52 AM »

From my limited standpoint, I want to ensure I have at least 800K baht in the bank.  I view that as the requirement to live here.  Yes there are ways to get around it, however the immigration stations can change how they view things just before you try to get an extension. 

So I hope you have a plan, and a backup plan.  My backup plan is the Embassy income statement. 

Why waste the time ,effort & expense going to the Embassy when you don't need to??????

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »

From my limited standpoint, I want to ensure I have at least 800K baht in the bank.  I view that as the requirement to live here.  Yes there are ways to get around it, however the immigration stations can change how they oview things just before you try to get an extension. 

Why waste the time ,effort & expense going to the Embassy when you don't need to??????

I was at the embassy anyway and there was a chance I would need to spend my bank money before I could replace it, so I got the embassy income statement just in case.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 08:47:55 PM »

My backup plan is Cambodia.

If they don't want me here, I will go there.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 10:07:04 PM »

My backup plan is Cambodia.

If they don't want me here, I will go there.

What is really sad is that the reason I live here now is that the Fucking US GVT will not give my TW a visa, even just to visit.  Now the GVT lets litterally millions cross the Mexican US Border Illegally (and will not deport them), but when a US Citizen tries to go things legally, they get fucked.   

So while I have a lakefront home in Alabama and a very high paying job available, I am in Thailand because my GVT is stupid. 

At the present time I don't see any issues with meeting any of Thailand "visa" requirements, so I will stay here.  Thailand is a lot more reasonable than the US GVT. 

Offline Somnat

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 12:13:09 PM »
Does anyone know if Kapchoeng Immigration still require only 1 copy of original documents for retirement extensions?

Any recent experiences?

love5

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 12:37:58 PM »
Yes. A gentleman did his yesterday 1 copy. Tomorrow its your guess.

Offline Somnat

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 01:02:23 PM »
Yes. A gentleman did his yesterday 1 copy. Tomorrow its your guess.

Thanks GL  party4

If all goes well next week, I'll stop in for coffee after I've been to KCI  :)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »
Question ??
Had another gentleman stop by and  he is from Nong Ki. He did a 90 day report. I asked why not Korat and he said Korat told him he must report to KCI. Anyone else??

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 04:42:02 PM »
Question ??
Had another gentleman stop by and  he is from Nong Ki. He did a 90 day report. I asked why not Korat and he said Korat told him he must report to KCI. Anyone else??

Nong Ki is in Buriram = KCI

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 04:57:32 PM »
Most people I know from Nong Ki go to Korat to do their 90 days ,,,,never have a problem...........YOU CAN DO YOUR 90 DAY REPORT AT ANY IMMIGRATION OFFICE IN THAILAND.
Nong Ki-Korat Immigration=57kms
Nong Ki-KCI=145kms

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 06:28:16 PM »
Most people I know from Nong Ki go to Korat to do their 90 days ,,,,never have a problem...........YOU CAN DO YOUR 90 DAY REPORT AT ANY IMMIGRATION OFFICE IN THAILAND.
Nong Ki-Korat Immigration=57kms
Nong Ki-KCI=145kms

Any from the Buriram City area done this recently? 

With the advent of the electronic passport scanning it seems reasonable, but TIT.

That would be a good option if the TW wants to shop in Korat as opposed to the Chom market. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 11:43:29 AM »
As for rules I go by Thai Immigration rules and polices which can and due change by region.
Thai Immigration says  "Where do you do your 90-day reporting? -
It must be done at the immigration office that has jurisdiction over where you live.
That means, if you're in Bangkok you will need to go to the Chang Wattana immigration office, if you live in Chiang Mai the immigration office there will cover it."

We all know that Korat has given those in the extreme  wester sections of Buriram permission to report to them every 90 days but when it comes to their extension they need to go to KCI. I totaly agree with this. Now back to my question..

Question ??

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:02:07 PM by Admin »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM