{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies  (Read 69787 times)

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2015, 12:25:42 PM »
Urleft..Buriram Expats, whilst being an informative and often fun forum, is not the centre of all things Retirement visa. There are many other places where information can be found. I would not rely on one single local forum for visa information.

Somnat... From your post it seems that the Thai ID card is being used more as a proof of residence.

Correct Starman, that's exactly what its about.

Apologies for not making that clear before  love5

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »
Thanks Somnat.

Would it be impossible to get an extension of stay based on retirement if you were consistently on the move and only ever stayed in hotels?

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2015, 12:46:41 PM »
^^^^ A good question, deserving a correct answer that I am unable to give.

Considering that 90 day reports now have to be made at the IO where you do your extension ....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/797957-the-90-day-enigma/

I imagine it would be a pain in the arse.

Although, if this takes off ....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/798992-90-day-report-by-internet/

It would make life a bit easier.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2015, 01:08:34 PM »
Urleft..Buriram Expats, whilst being an informative and often fun forum, is not the centre of all things Retirement visa. There are many other places where information can be found. I would not rely on one single local forum for visa information.

Somnat... From your post it seems that the Thai ID card is being used more as a proof of residence.

OK Starman,

Provide a link to a single post that is as comprehensive as my post #1 to include the attachments, especially with respect to KCI which is BE's center for the retirement visa. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2015, 01:21:23 PM »
My point is that it is not comprehensive now.

You said that you did not know the ID card was a requirement because "no one could be bothered to post it here", although someone did in February 2014.

KCI is not BE's centre for the Retirement visa. It is the centre for expats living, and registered as living in Buriram and Surin. There is a plethora of expats living in these two provinces. Many of those do not read BE. Where do they get there info from?

I am as keen as the next man for all expats to have a smooth time at immigration. When I try to point something out you fly off the handle.

I also have expats turning up at my house for advise and assistance. Usually they need a passport or some other document translated into Thai and copies made. A service that I provide and have been providing for a couple of years now. I am always there to help and do not expect someone to get shirty when I try to point out a discrepancy.

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2015, 03:00:48 PM »
I applaud the efforts of Urleft and others.

However I humbly suggest that there can never be a comprehensive package or guide.

The system is flawed because it has nothing to do with controlling or monitoring foreigners; it is merely a method to provide employment for a section of Thai society which has been educated just a little better than the average car park attendant.

They are proud of their rubber stamps, fine uniforms and power. But their wages are low and naturally they are envious of the sums of money we Farangs must show in income or savings.

A small top up of salary is made by their various tea money scams, but the real incentive is of course, medals and shiny badges.

Next time you visit KCI take a look at the multitude of medal ribbons, Paratroopers Wings, Combat Infantryman's badges etc., the buffoon across the desk is wearing. Do you think he earned them fighting terrorists in the south or catching infiltrators from Cambodia?

Not at all; they are for Farang baiting.

They have a system like the old green shield stamps and books.

So many stamps for keeping a bloke waiting while you drink tea, chat with your mates or fiddle with your iphone, so many for sending a bloke to get his bank book updated because there is a 10 Baht discrepancy between that and his bank letter, etc., etc, once the stamp book is full - bingo - a new medal or badge.

Promotions are earned by devising something which will affect whole groups of farangs rather than individuals.

An example is the latest from Kap Choeng.

The proof of income letter from your embassy which was accepted in lieu of a bank deposit is no longer good enough. You now need to show your bank book to demonstrate that the income shown in the letter has been transferred to and spent in Thailand.

The guy who thought this one up is going places, especially if it goes nationwide!

Getting mad does no good as we all know.

I just sit back and accept it all with a smile, content in the knowledge that I have a bigger income, bigger bank balance, a better house, a younger wife and a better car than the chap sitting there with all his rubber stamps, shiny badges and medals.

Tomorrow he'll be doing the same shit, while I'll probably be playing golf..............

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »
If there was a "like" button, Dimple Joe would have got one for that post.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2015, 03:38:23 PM »
My point is that it is not comprehensive now.

You said that you did not know the ID card was a requirement because "no one could be bothered to post it here", although someone did in February 2014.

KCI is not BE's centre for the Retirement visa. It is the centre for expats living, and registered as living in Buriram and Surin. There is a plethora of expats living in these two provinces. Many of those do not read BE. Where do they get there info from?

I am as keen as the next man for all expats to have a smooth time at immigration. When I try to point something out you fly off the handle.

I also have expats turning up at my house for advise and assistance. Usually they need a passport or some other document translated into Thai and copies made. A service that I provide and have been providing for a couple of years now. I am always there to help and do not expect someone to get shirty when I try to point out a discrepancy.

Starman,

I was ignoring you until you decided to interject yourself.   

And I have to laugh at flying off the handle, this is you when I pointed out a technicallity:

Reading between the lines, and posts that he made on other forums, it would be obvious to those to whom the post matters.

It was very obvious to the person I was responding what was meant by visa.   

Funny how you can critize but then can't take it.  That is called a hypocrite. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »
Apology accepted.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:42:05 PM by Starman »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »
If there was a "like" button, Dimple Joe would have got one for that post.

Likewise if there was a +1 button.

mxyzptlk

« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2015, 06:14:07 PM »
Me too, good post DJ

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2015, 09:47:50 PM »

Seems you have a comprehension issue, what the person said was:   

When I did mine In January I also had to provide a copy of my wife's ID card, signed by her and also a map showing the location of my house. They didn't ask for the Thai income form, but they did last year.

I did my extension after him in Feb, I was not required to provide the ID.     Therefore by my recorded experience it was not a requirement in Feb 2014. 

Try to get the facts straight. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2015, 10:35:59 PM »
Thanks for yet another play back, Urleft.

Problem is that your apparent disdain for me appears to be clouding your judgement.

You quite clearly stated, very recently, that the requirement for copy of ID card was a new rule. BE member CoCo pointed out that it had been in since June 2014.

You then said " no body bothered to post it on here".
G
I pointed out that someone had. Your post was recent and nothing to do with your last extension.

Fact.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:49:12 PM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2015, 11:13:21 PM »
Thanks for yet another play back, Urleft.

Problem is that your apparent disdain for me appears to be clouding your judgement.

You quite clearly stated, very recently, that the requirement for copy of ID card was a new rule. BE member CoCo pointed out that it had been in since June 2014.

You then said " no body bothered to post it on here".
G
I pointed out that someone had. Your post was recent and nothing to do with your last extension.

Fact.

You make me laugh Starman, have too much Archa tonight?  Quote exactly where someone stated when KCI was requiring EXPATS to provide a copies of significant other's ID prior to Feb 2014. 

That one person had to provide it in January but others were not required in Feb means it was not a firm KCI requirement.  A single case does not make it a requirement.   But obviousliy logic and comprehension are not your strong areas. 

My post this January was the 1st stating it was now a KCI requirement.  I personally do not really care why they want something, I just want it identified to get through the process. 

As far as my distain for you, it revolves around 4 areas, how you provide nit pick with BS comments (e.g., extension of stay instead of Visa in the shout box), and then when nit picked back you become a hypocrite and say it should have been obvious, then how you after the fact tell someone what is right, and lastly how you with all your knowledge, experience, and Thai Language capability you do not put forth a "Marriage Exention For Dummies" to help Expats.   Obviously being pro active to help Expats is not a goal for you, much better when you can say "I could have told you that." 

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:18:23 PM by urleft »

mxyzptlk

« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2015, 11:42:37 PM »
I'm not siding with anyone...just presenting the facts of my applications for one year extensions of stay.....

I think I am "that person" who posted that I had to provide a copy of Mrs M's ID card as a supporting document for my application for a one year extension of stay based on retirement. What I failed to point out that I have ALWAYS been asked for this for every (6 back to back) extensions of stay I have applied for since January 2010 which have been both retirement then marriage(2 years), retirement(2 years) then marriage once again. This was @ Chok Chai, then Dan Kwien and then KCI. Mrs M's ID card & tabbien ban were to evidence the address I provided on my TM7.  I never said it was a requirement because there is no definitive "carved in stone" requirements....it was just something the IO who dealt with my application wanted. The only way to identify what a particular office requires is to contact that particular office prior to your application but then it may have changed when you actually arrive to submit your application. What I do is look on BE, Thaivisa and consult my peers (drinking pals) regarding personal experiences and make my own judgement as to what is required.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick