{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: just moved over here  (Read 6895 times)

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
just moved over here
« on: October 25, 2013, 05:46:48 PM »
hi I am Jeroen, can call me Jerome, much easier for many people, age 40 and married to a Buriram lady, have 2 daughters,
Just a short hello to all y'all. I visited Thailand over 6 years ago for the first time(was a lifelong wish already but just never got to it). Fell in love with the country the first time and started visiting it twice a year from then on. Of course after some time (2nd year ) couldn't help but falling hopelessly in love with a beautifull Thai girl/woman here, i met her working the counter in a hotel owned by a friend of mine. Visited her hometown Buriram multiple times. still had too many things going on back home, so she came back to my homecountry Holland with me for a few years, but she could not really get settled there, it being ecomically hard times , hard to get a job and a very hard country to live with so many rules and thing you have to do in order to have somewhat of a good life. And as you can imagine the winters were never her favourite. So we made the choice to move to Thailand . So here we are now, in Buriram to stay. Hope to find a lot of nice people here and a good way for me, my wife and 2 daughters to live a good life.....
Cheers to you all and hope to meet you one day..

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
Re: just moved over here
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 06:46:26 PM »
Well, living here is not the same as visiting on holidays, but if you can stay alert, flexible and eager to learn, you should be ok.
As the self appointed forum misery chops, I remind you that not all expats here are nice, honest people. Most of us are happy here, I think, not everyone goes down to the Bamboo Bar every night.

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »
haha the bamboo bar. was thinking this when i wrote ...nothin about the place but not much of a drinker myself

Offline Herbergier

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »
Jeroen, er wonen hier genoeg Nederlanders, maak maar eens een praatje met Siebe van het 'Muang Resort Buriram', hij is ook een Nederlander en hij kent veel Nederlanders hier, ik woon zelf in het 'Ban Suang Klang 2' villapark, op de weg van Buriram naar het stadion, aan de linker kant 1 km vanaf de grote rotonde, achter het pas gebouwde 'Thada Chateau Hotel' met die witte molen, als je een keer met mij een praatje wil maken kom je maar langs, de koffie wordt vers gezet.

Offline bankadon

• Time Out Fishing Park
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 11:35:13 PM »
 Hoi Jeroen, Ik ben een Belg maar van 6km van de Nederlandse grens. Woon al 11 jaarf hier(60km van Buriram). We hebben een fishing park in het midden van nergens. We verkopen vleeskroketten en bitterballen. Stoofvlees en frieten  met mayonaise en nog veel meer andere dingen. Onze webbsite is www.bankadon.com . Kom eens langs als je tijd hebt. Groeten,
Ludo enYai

Offline Herbergier

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 09:28:51 AM »
Ludo, verkoop jij ook vleeskroketten, bitterballen, stoofvlees en friet om mee te nemen, zodat we ze zelf thuis kunnen bakken, of zijn ze alleen bestemd voor je restaurant?

Offline bankadon

• Time Out Fishing Park
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »
Ludo, verkoop jij ook vleeskroketten, bitterballen, stoofvlees en friet om mee te nemen, zodat we ze zelf thuis kunnen bakken, of zijn ze alleen bestemd voor je restaurant?

Jawel, we zijn nogal flexibel. (Bijna) Alles is mogelijk.
Ludo

Offline Muhendis

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 05:33:40 PM »
Welcome to Buri Ram Jeroen1.
Now look what you've gone and started. So many Dutch expats who miss the snow capped peaks of the Dutch Himalayas.  smilenod

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick