{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Proverty around Buriram  (Read 45630 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Proverty around Buriram
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 04:18:58 PM »
Mahdam,

Wow, that was quick.  Got the 500. 

Thanks,

Keith

Offline F1ART

• Contributor with future
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 04:13:10 AM »
Where abouts in the village are you Keith, will get the inlaws to pop over the dosh?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 08:26:15 AM »
Where abouts in the village are you Keith, will get the inlaws to pop over the dosh?

I unsure of what you are asking.  The map on a previous posting shows not only my shop, but my home, they are one in the same, directions are on the map.  I am about in the center of the village 1 street south of the Village main street. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »
Keith I'll be dropping off Croc's & Mine on my next trip over,I'll leave it with Mel OR Brian........I'll let you know beforehand

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »
Keith I'll be dropping off Croc's & Mine on my next trip over,I'll leave it with Mel OR Brian........I'll let you know beforehand

Thanks Paul, I will try to meet you if I can.

Offline F1ART

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 11:21:43 AM »
I unsure of what you are asking.  The map on a previous posting shows not only my shop, but my home, they are one in the same, directions are on the map.  I am about in the center of the village 1 street south of the Village main street. 

Ok didn't see your map on previous page, your just within shooting distance from me! will get it dropped off at the shop.

[/quote]

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »
Eric,

Great to meet you, thanks again for the nudge, and the 500 Baht. 

Keith

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, 07:02:24 PM »
Dimple Joe,

I appreciate you braving the elements and the night to come see me.  It was good to meet you again.

Keith

Have to tell this story, as DJ said he remembered meeting at a BE get together.  I only made 1 and that was in 2009 (maybe 2010) at the coffee connection.  Said he remembered me because of my screen name and what it means.  Now some might think the screen name came from my political leanings, but in reality is had nothing to do with it, and any resemblance is pure accident (even though it probably fits).

The name came from marching in the Army.  Its fullname (and my email address) is urleft234, as in Your Left two, Three, Four.   

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2013, 07:45:13 PM »
I just got 500 baht from some Thai girls that could not tell me who it was from. 

F1ART, did I hear you? 

Offline F1ART

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »
I just got 500 baht from some Thai girls that could not tell me who it was from. 

F1ART, did I hear you? 

Yes

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
Thanks Bud.  And the rest, You guys are super. 

bravo1 bravo1 bravo1 bravo1 bravo1 bravo1

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
In concept about the wealthy Thais sounds fine, but who are we to decide how someone should spend their money?  I am very happy to spend my money how and when I decide (like in this case) and don't need anyone's approval to do so.  It is my money, and I will decide when to give a helping hand. 

For example, I am working on a plan to start up a business here.  It is going to take a healthy capital investment, so I am trying not to be frivolous with my funds.  However, the funds are basically disposable, I can lose them and not affect my lifestyle at all.  In America there are all these bleeding hearts that want to redistribute my money (because I don't "need" it) to those "less fortunate" as they and the GVT see as needy, while I see a good portion of these needy as parasites (Oh, and don't forget about the pass through charges when the money is redistributed).  But I want to invest in a dream, will employ people, and give me a challenge, the parasites can do without my support. 

So my view is people can spend their money however they want, they don't need my approval to do so.  How they spend is basically between them and their God.

Well said Urleft..

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »
In concept about the wealthy Thais sounds fine, but who are we to decide how someone should spend their money?  I am very happy to spend my money how and when I decide (like in this case) and don't need anyone's approval to do so.  It is my money, and I will decide when to give a helping hand. 

For example, I am working on a plan to start up a business here.  It is going to take a healthy capital investment, so I am trying not to be frivolous with my funds.  However, the funds are basically disposable, I can lose them and not affect my lifestyle at all.  In America there are all these bleeding hearts that want to redistribute my money (because I don't "need" it) to those "less fortunate" as they and the GVT see as needy, while I see a good portion of these needy as parasites (Oh, and don't forget about the pass through charges when the money is redistributed).  But I want to invest in a dream, will employ people, and give me a challenge, the parasites can do without my support. 

So my view is people can spend their money however they want, they don't need my approval to do so.  How they spend is basically between them and their God.

I agree with your basic statement BUT Thai Buddhism does not have a god. Who do the  locals answer to ?

I respectfully, disagree.. I don't know where you got that from but that is not the case.. After 40 years with my wife I can guarantee you that there are many Thais out there who firmly believe...

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2013, 08:59:54 AM »

I agree with your basic statement BUT Thai Buddhism does not have a god. Who do the  locals answer to ?

I respectfully, disagree.. I don't know where you got that from but that is not the case.. After 40 years with my wife I can guarantee you that there are many Thais out there who firmly believe...

Thai Buddhism does not recognize a sole supreme being as does Christianity, Jewdeism or Islam .

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2013, 03:03:08 PM »
BTW, I am curious, what are there so many views (downloads) on the receipt? 

wheel chair receipt1.jpg (58.18 kB, 419x572 - viewed 92 times.)

2013 Taxi deduction.... bananadance

I am still amazed at the downloads from the receipt:   wheel chair receipt1.jpg (58.18 kB, 419x572 - viewed 167 times.)

Plus why does eveyone like my home?   Think Internet.JPG (124.53 kB, 518x389 - viewed 76 times.)

But if you go to the reason for this thread:  wheelchair 1.JPG (182.33 kB, 648x486 - viewed 2 times.)

Two whole downloads.    Just seems curious

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM