{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Proverty around Buriram  (Read 45621 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Proverty around Buriram
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »
I will post my address and map to my place (just outside Buriram city).  You can stop by anytime, I have an internet shop and the money can be left with any of my employees.  Or we can arrange to meet.  And I am in no hurry to be paid as wasn't expecting any money. 

Anyway, the chair is bought, and we are arranging to get it delivered.  As I said, I will get a picture of him using the new chair before I post where I live. 

But here's the reciept:   

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 03:51:24 PM »
OH,

I am not soliciting, but the next guy to pledge is the last I will accept, that will be 3000 baht. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 04:26:59 PM »
Have the new wheelchair, should be delivered tomorrow. 

Offline erik69

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 06:43:42 PM »
Maybe get in touch with RICD Wheelchair project     http://www.wheelchairproject.com/

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 07:32:34 PM »
OH,

I am not soliciting, but the next guy to pledge is the last I will accept, that will be 3000 baht. 

Oops, counted wrong:

Eric2012  pledges                    500 Baht
F1ART  pledges                       500 Baht
dimple joe pledges                   500 Baht
dundeemk6 pledges                 500 Baht
nookiebear pledges                  500 Baht
mahdam pledges                     500 Baht

Total                                       3000 Baht

No more pledges accepted as the Wheel chair only cost 3400 baht. 

BTW, kudos to Eric2012   

Without his initiative, idea, and initial pledge I would still be doing mental gymnastics instead of getting it done.    party6 

Offline mahdam

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 08:12:35 PM »
Yes well done Eric for getting the ball rolling, and a big thank you to Urleft for getting the job done so dam quick.
My money will be on it's way just  as soon as i know where you are.    bravo1

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 03:19:30 AM »
Well done folks, had I been in Thailand I would have contributed to the pot!

But I do despair, why should we farang's be the conscience of Thailand. This poor bugger has not arrived in this position overnight, there are many wealthy Thai's around even in the villages why do they treat their fellow countrymen with such contempt.

A repair to his wheelchair would have cost the equivalent of a couple of bottles of beer, yet nobody could be bothered.

Rather than give that 100 baht to the temple next time perhaps they should look even closer to home.

I just hope they all feel ashamed when they see what BE has done.

Right got that off my chest, think I'll have a nap now!

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 03:34:07 AM »
Well said tbwg.

preference; the poor or the rich the poor takes precedence; your poor [i.e. your relatives] and the [general] poor of your town, your poor come first; the poor of your city and the poor of another town the poor of your own town have prior rights.
Sawadi

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 10:39:14 AM »
In concept about the wealthy Thais sounds fine, but who are we to decide how someone should spend their money?  I am very happy to spend my money how and when I decide (like in this case) and don't need anyone's approval to do so.  It is my money, and I will decide when to give a helping hand. 

For example, I am working on a plan to start up a business here.  It is going to take a healthy capital investment, so I am trying not to be frivolous with my funds.  However, the funds are basically disposable, I can lose them and not affect my lifestyle at all.  In America there are all these bleeding hearts that want to redistribute my money (because I don't "need" it) to those "less fortunate" as they and the GVT see as needy, while I see a good portion of these needy as parasites (Oh, and don't forget about the pass through charges when the money is redistributed).  But I want to invest in a dream, will employ people, and give me a challenge, the parasites can do without my support. 

So my view is people can spend their money however they want, they don't need my approval to do so.  How they spend is basically between them and their God.   

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 12:15:42 PM »
In concept about the wealthy Thais sounds fine, but who are we to decide how someone should spend their money?  I am very happy to spend my money how and when I decide (like in this case) and don't need anyone's approval to do so.  It is my money, and I will decide when to give a helping hand. 

For example, I am working on a plan to start up a business here.  It is going to take a healthy capital investment, so I am trying not to be frivolous with my funds.  However, the funds are basically disposable, I can lose them and not affect my lifestyle at all.  In America there are all these bleeding hearts that want to redistribute my money (because I don't "need" it) to those "less fortunate" as they and the GVT see as needy, while I see a good portion of these needy as parasites (Oh, and don't forget about the pass through charges when the money is redistributed).  But I want to invest in a dream, will employ people, and give me a challenge, the parasites can do without my support. 

So my view is people can spend their money however they want, they don't need my approval to do so.  How they spend is basically between them and their God.

I agree with your basic statement BUT Thai Buddhism does not have a god. Who do the  locals answer to ?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:01:15 PM by Admin »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 12:39:35 PM »
How about between them and their Diety? 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 12:44:19 PM »
BTW, I am curious, what are there so many views (downloads) on the receipt? 

wheel chair receipt1.jpg (58.18 kB, 419x572 - viewed 92 times.)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 01:33:59 PM »
How about between them and their Diety?

Mr.T in Dubai ?   redman

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 01:36:15 PM »
BTW, I am curious, what are there so many views (downloads) on the receipt? 

wheel chair receipt1.jpg (58.18 kB, 419x572 - viewed 92 times.)

2013 Taxi deduction.... bananadance

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 02:01:29 PM »
OK, the chair has been delivered.  Got a story back that a Farang had bought him the chair he was using.  Understand the Thai Guy was working construction, got depressed with his GF, and jumped off the building. 

I do not have pictures of him in his new chair, will post when I get them.  You can wait for this confirmation if you want, I will not be offended or put out. 

I am posting a map to my house and a picture of it.  My shop is open 0830 to midnight every day.  You can try to call me (Keith #0844721200).  You drop the money off with any of the Girls, just tell them for Keith (attach a note with your name).  I am really lucky to have honest employees, I have people drop off money like this all the time. 

Or you can call me if you are coming to Buriram, we can meet at Mel's or the Irish bar. 

My address in Thai is: 

156 หมู่ 4 ตำบล บ้านยาง อ.เมือง จ.บุรีรัมย์ 31000

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod