{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Coming Home  (Read 11875 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Coming Home
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 02:13:39 PM »
Welcome Ed,   welcome1

Not sure what you'll see a Shriever as it's built like a prison in the middle of nowhere, more likely it will be Peterson. 

Glad to have another ex military here.  After you get he come see my Navy buddy Sparks and me. 

Keith

Thanks Keith.. Don't know when you were last at Shriever but it appears that things have changed there.. According to my daughter most of it's new.. They were assigned a new 4 bedroom home in base housing and although it is a small place they really like it there. But they're used to small bases. They just spent the last 3 years at Hanscom Field in Bedford Mass, just outside of Boston.  They've already visited Peterson and the Air Force Academy. Both are too crowded for them. Looking forward to meeting you and Sparks once we get back to the LOS.

Yup been about 13 years since I was at Shriever (it was still referred to as Falcon).  So hopefully some of the city has grown out to it.  Directions to Shriever used to be drive east for 20 miles until you hit the light, turn right an look for the fortress like compound. That's a big change from Hanscome, was there during the Big Dig time, but I did learn to appreciate Sam Adams Summer Ale there.  Also spent time at MacDill.  I wore a Harley shirt recently, "Me and my Hog went up Pike's Peak". 

Best of luck to you, looking forward to meeting.

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »
Welcome Ed,   welcome1

Not sure what you'll see a Shriever as it's built like a prison in the middle of nowhere, more likely it will be Peterson. 

Glad to have another ex military here.  After you get he come see my Navy buddy Sparks and me. 

Keith

Thanks Keith.. Don't know when you were last at Shriever but it appears that things have changed there.. According to my daughter most of it's new.. They were assigned a new 4 bedroom home in base housing and although it is a small place they really like it there. But they're used to small bases. They just spent the last 3 years at Hanscom Field in Bedford Mass, just outside of Boston.  They've already visited Peterson and the Air Force Academy. Both are too crowded for them. Looking forward to meeting you and Sparks once we get back to the LOS.

Yup been about 13 years since I was at Shriever (it was still referred to as Falcon).  So hopefully some of the city has grown out to it.  Directions to Shriever used to be drive east for 20 miles until you hit the light, turn right an look for the fortress like compound. That's a big change from Hanscome, was there during the Big Dig time, but I did learn to appreciate Sam Adams Summer Ale there.  Also spent time at MacDill.  I wore a Harley shirt recently, "Me and my Hog went up Pike's Peak". 

Best of luck to you, looking forward to meeting.

I kinda chuckled at Nookie's comment that once I meet you it will be something I'll never forget.. Sounds like we're gonna get along just fine.. Pon and I are a different breed entirely.. To quote Jack Nicholson from the Batman movie "Wait'll they get a load of me"  This could be really interesting but advise taken on the Obama thing.. I'll put a zipper in it for now..

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »
I kinda chuckled at Nookie's comment that once I meet you it will be something I'll never forget.. Sounds like we're gonna get along just fine.. Pon and I are a different breed entirely.. To quote Jack Nicholson from the Batman movie "Wait'll they get a load of me"  This could be really interesting but advise taken on the Obama thing.. I'll put a zipper in it for now..

Up to you, I don't.  Take a look at the gun control thread, I am way way out in right field in that one. 

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 09:01:49 PM »
Honestly nookie speaks fondly of you Keith, I think the thread you talk about should be gun out of control tonguebar2

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »
Maybe one of these Sunday afternoonsKeith will pluck up courage ,jump in his armour plated Humbee with his AK47 & get his fat ass over here,,,,he wouldn't have felt isolated yesterday as there were 3 other Seppo's here

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 06:59:15 PM »
Paul, the actual issue with coming there is I am sometimes a weak willed individual.  When I get a fine cider, kind of difficult to stop at one.  Maybe if I could find a designated driver so I can be the designated drunk. 

Driving back to Buriram after having a few from your place scares me.  However, I do have your place on my GPS. 

And as I have said before, the AK is not my weapon of choice.  I would carry an M-203 for jungle fighting (qualifed expert on on 8 September 2001), for urban fighting I would carry a Colt 1911 .45 cal, and a 7.62 sniper rifle (One Shot, One Kill).  For every day protection when I had my concealed weapons permit I carried a Glock 23. 

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
 Act your age. oldmanwithstick

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 09:02:35 AM »
BRILLIANT..............Keith in his younger days redman thumbup crazydance icon_heart

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »

Up to you, I don't.  Take a look at the gun control thread, I am way way out in right field in that one.
Urleft is right, be yourself, speak your mind but remember others will have an opposing view that's the joy of debate. At Nookies on a Sunday there are all kinds, and a good afternoon is had by all, everybody giving and receiving a bit of sh!t ESP Paul... We all leave as friends.

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 02:43:05 AM »
Will keep that in mind.. Thanks for the advise..

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick