{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Obama's challenges  (Read 37151 times)

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Obama's challenges
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »
10.  Make welfare recipients do work.  In order to get a check, they have to pass a drug test (I had to pass a drug test at work).

If you make people work then how can it be for a welfare cheque.It should be classed as gainful employment and the money then would not be sufficient to meet the demands of everyday spending.

Surely the welfare cheque is to help people find work and not force them to work for next to nothing.

Also why do you think it's necessary to drug test everyone claiming welfare?

America at one point had workfare, the number of people on welfare dropped.  We now have generations of people on welfare and they believe it is a right. 
Maybe they think that their government is screwing them so why not screw the government.

Maybe they think take what you can while you can.

Offline SOM LUCK

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 02:10:25 PM »

I was hoping for responses on a few current issues facing this administration, and see how people on the right would handle them.

When it gets to be Obama did this, Bush did that, and Reagan, Clinton, Nixon were right and Eisenhower warned about the military industrial complex, there is no discussion, only oratory.

I believe this is part of the reason there is so little discussion between the right and the left.

If we could stay on issue, listen the other man's points, and fact check, true discussion might return to our society.

Also let's keep the Brits out of the US Open

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 02:53:13 PM »

Obama (and the left) made made Guantanamo a campaign issue and promised to close it.  So this is a problem of his own making. 

And if the prisoners want to do a hunger strike, most of us on the right would let them.

So here you are correct, the right has no solutions for this is Obama's baby, we would have left it alone and not made a campaign issue of it.  As the saying goes, careful what you ask for you may get it. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
On the NSA snooping the G12, what is the reference for that?  I don't recall seeing anything about it. 

However, my initial impression is who cares?  We would not have been the only country snooping during the conference. 

I have already mentioned Syria, but I will add a caveat, I hope Obama just stops with stirring the pot arming the rebels, military intervention should not be on the table. 

And what makes these issues dire?  Gitmo and this NSA conference snooping are just noise.  Seems to me the most dire thing should be the economy. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »
Urleft you made my point, when current problems are presented to the right instead of suggesting  courses of action to, as in this case, response to the world on the NSA, feeding tubes in Quatanemo, and arming anti American groups in Syria, the right falls back to Obama's birth certificant, Bengazi, etc., showing that they have no solutions only constant negative comments.

So your point is that the right has no ideas to help, and to illustrate it you used Guantanamo which the left hammered republicans on, campaigned on it, promised to fix it and failed.  You really expect the right to help here?  And people think I am dense.

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 05:28:14 PM »
No I don't think anyone expects the republicans to help anyone... I think that was the point  tonguebar2

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 05:33:55 PM »
What's the difference between a catfish and a politician ?

Ones a bottom feeding scum sucker, the other is a fish.

They are all shite, liars, and egomaniacs!!!

Nobody votes for who they think is best, we vote for those that we believe will do us the least harm

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 06:01:02 PM »
No I don't think anyone expects the republicans to help anyone... I think that was the point  tonguebar2

He said he wanted to know how the right would handle the issues using a Dem gotcha point. That does not lend itself to open discussion.

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 06:30:59 PM »

Obama (and the left) made made Guantanamo a campaign issue and promised to close it.  So this is a problem of his own making. 

And if the prisoners want to do a hunger strike, most of us on the right would let them.

Most of these prisoners your words not mine have never been to court or been charged with any crime.

I am sure in America you are innocent until proven guilty so why do you think it's right to lock people away some for over 10 years on no charges.

To be keep locked up like animals as innocent men that they are goes against everyone's human rights.

If they are found guilty then they should rot in hell,but the American government need to realise that the system is supposed to be based on the word JUSTICE.

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 07:00:33 PM »
Unbelievable.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »

Most of these prisoners your words not mine have never been to court or been charged with any crime.

I am sure in America you are innocent until proven guilty so why do you think it's right to lock people away some for over 10 years on no charges.

To be keep locked up like animals as innocent men that they are goes against everyone's human rights.

If they are found guilty then they should rot in hell,but the American government need to realise that the system is supposed to be based on the word JUSTICE.

Different set of rules, these are combatants and can be held as long as there are hostilities. 

That being said, I think Bush screwed up here and should have tried by military tribrunal, then executed or released them.

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 08:31:25 AM »

Different set of rules, these are combatants and can be held as long as there are hostilities. 

That being said, I think Bush screwed up here and should have tried by military tribrunal, then executed or released them.
Do you honestly think this man is guilty of any crime.

He is now in his 13th year at Guantanamo bay but never been charged.

This is one of the reasons why so many people hate America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22960826.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 09:42:22 AM »

From the article, he was captured in 2002, I was personally on the ground in Afghanistan in 2002, it was not a fun friendly place. 

An UK resident, Saudi national, charity work in Afghanistan.  These do not add up. 

Also, what month was he captured?  Where?  What was his employment before he started his "charity" work?  What was his charity organization?   

If he was captured in March around the Shahi-Kot Valley his contention is really weak. 

Niccolo Machiavelli:  "It is better to be feared than loved"

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 10:45:29 AM »

From the article, he was captured in 2002, I was personally on the ground in Afghanistan in 2002, it was not a fun friendly place. 

An UK resident, Saudi national, charity work in Afghanistan.  These do not add up. 

Also, what month was he captured?  Where?  What was his employment before he started his "charity" work?  What was his charity organization?   

If he was captured in March around the Shahi-Kot Valley his contention is really weak. 

Niccolo Machiavelli:  "It is better to be feared than loved"
I have no idea how to answer your questions because i have no access to that sort of information.

But the question remains the same,if there is evidence to show that he was involved in terrorist activities then he should be charged,convicted and sentenced by a court for the crime/crimes that he has been found guilty of.

However if there is no evidence to show as in this case there is obviously none,then the man should be set free and be allowed to return home to his family,who themselves for year's have denied categorically his involvement in any terrorist activities.

I don't understand your laid back attitude to incarcerating innocent people without any evidence.

Not only has he had his freedom taken away,but he has also received beatings and mental and physical torture.

I do believe in the world of today we have something called human rights,or does America have it's own policies on human rights.

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »

Oh come on now. . Don't believe all you see  on the net. They have a T.V. room and everything
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 11:07:34 AM by candy »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM