{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: A FULL TIME NATIVE ENGLISH LECTURER WANTED  (Read 27430 times)

Offline paulferris

• http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: A FULL TIME NATIVE ENGLISH LECTURER WANTED
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 11:00:31 PM »
I didn't see the posts, just read in chat that there was a spat, but when I read the thread there was nothing..
Who was Beachbum he seemed to cause a few problems also... swordfight

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 07:16:33 AM »
I think JasonB should give it a go. Maybe just pop into a local school for a day or to and teach the underprivileged. Maybe, he will realise that there is more to teaching than holding a degree.

Over qualified. Really??????

Offline JasonB

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 07:01:14 PM »
Well,boys and (maybe girls) let's put this to rest once and for all.I wasn't saying ALL English teachers are bums,if it came across like that I'm honestly sorry.I was talking about the people with NO proper paperwork who teach here,just because they can speak English,doesn't make them teachers now does it?Secondly I wasn't being highbrow by explaining about my schooling,it was just to let beachbum know that he shouldn't talk down to people,not knowing them,and there is some smart people on here.NEXT,if beachbum hadn't called me a "C" and insulted my family,by saying I had a poor upbringing....my parents used every cent they had to send me though University so I could get up in life....in other words he cast the first stone,that as I said was over stepping the mark.AS for the have I done well? comment I have a couple of houses and a condo in Sydney that is rented out,a nice wife here(not a BG) some cars and bikes,and money to stay forever if I want,I'm just over 50....I hope this answers most of your questions JasonB.

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 08:19:58 AM »
Jason,Sure you will get some comments about (not a B/G) as many have Married a girl from the BAR in Issan.

Offline dundeemk6

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 08:27:58 AM »
Binnsy : 90 % and the rest 10 % = 8 % who think there gf wasn't a former bargirl and the odd 2 % that weren't ... I do love the phrase : "but mine is different" ... this means for me that she was a bigger and smarter bargirl ...

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 09:05:59 AM »
Why oh why do I keep seeing this on forums and hearing it in bars and restaurants all over Thailand ....

"I have a nice Thai wife" followed by "She never worked in a bar"

So, if she did work in a bar, would that make her a not so nice person ?

Of course fukcing NOT !!!

I have found that many (not all) guys who feel the need to proclaim their wife's employment history does not include a stint in a bar, are either knowingly lying or severely deluded.

And who really cares where anyone met their wife. Its their wife, NOT mine. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »
Binnsy : 90 % and the rest 10 % = 8 % who think there gf wasn't a former bargirl and the odd 2 % that weren't ... I do love the phrase : "but mine is different" ... this means for me that she was a bigger and smarter bargirl ...

What a load of bollocks.

Offline JasonB

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 11:16:04 AM »
What is this?Pick on JasonB week or what? And now my wife,her aunties husband is from Norway,and we became good friends,long before I got involved with the wife,he has been married for more then 20 years to the auntie,and has fully endorsed my wife.She has been a teacher at the local school since she finished university,so I'm lucky,or some of you are just jaded and been here to long.

Offline JasonB

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »
And Somnat,what's up your ar$e Mate?Or are you just having a bad week?

Offline olavhome

• Contributor with future
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
As Plastic Ono Band did once sing : Give peace a chance swordfight

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 11:51:59 AM »
What is this?Pick on JasonB week or what? And now my wife,her aunties husband is from Norway,and we became good friends,long before I got involved with the wife,he has been married for more then 20 years to the auntie,and has fully endorsed my wife.She has been a teacher at the local school since she finished university,so I'm lucky,or some of you are just jaded and been here to long.

JasonB..Maybe if you didn't have a go at people then they would not have a go at you. To use a sentence such as " he fully endorsed my wife" is detrimental to the woman in question. We are talking about people here.

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 11:57:03 AM »
And Somnat,what's up your ar$e Mate?Or are you just having a bad week?

What. Am I not allowed to post my opinion / comments / thoughts on a public forum.

I certainly cannot remember directing any of my post directly towards you (with the exception of this one)

Offline JasonB

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 12:15:12 PM »
Somnat,of cause we can all share our views here,and Starman I can take whatever is thrown at me,as long as it's me and not my family or wife for that matter....then it's a whole different matter.If it's just me fine,I'll get over it and buy everyone a beer,but because some people have had bad experiences with women here we shouldn't al be put in the same basket,so to speak.I vetted my wife simply so I didn't end up poor like some have been here in LOS.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 12:22:37 PM »
Somnat,of cause we can all share our views here,and Starman I can take whatever is thrown at me,as long as it's me and not my family or wife for that matter....then it's a whole different matter.If it's just me fine,I'll get over it and buy everyone a beer,but because some people have had bad experiences with women here we shouldn't al be put in the same basket,so to speak.I vetted my wife simply so I didn't end up poor like some have been here in LOS.

A bit like English teachers then?

You really should think before you write. In the last two posts you have used words like " endorsed" and "vetted" whilst talking about your wife. FFS. What are you trying to say?

Surely you "got to know your wife", "started to get on well with your wife", "started to understand your wife", no??????

If I translated those two words to your wife then I doubt she would be too happy.

Offline JasonB

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »
Starman,if you read my post correctly,then you would see that I met the uncle first,then asked about my future wife,AND she knows fully that I made sure is was what she said she was,I keep nothing from her,and I do think,and am careful of everything I do,"getting to know her" is fine,but how many farangs have been done over Mate,because they didn't think from the start.As for English teachers,I already said I was sorry if I was taken the wrong way,I won't say sorry again,and your running that into the ground.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick