{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Rack of Ribs  (Read 40051 times)

Offline Adam

• Active member on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Rack of Ribs
« on: April 14, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »
Hi Guys I have bought some ribs from Nookie, anyone got any killer receipes for ribs, with ingredients I can buy in Thailand?

Cheers Adam

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Rack of Ribs
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »
Marinate in cider vinegar.  Then onto the charcoal grill for about 1.5 hours.   

I am currently doing this, and adding cajun spices (that I brought from the US).  Works well.  I was skeptical at 1st, but when I tried it the ribs were well flavored and juicy.  I plan to do ribs again this week.  The local Makro usually has decent grilling ribs as opposed to what Thai's use.  Cider Vinegar it at Big C or Taweekit

My Brit buddy helped me eat the last batch, he said they were very tasty. 

I get good charcoal from Home Pro, a bit expensive, but better than the local product. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 06:50:07 PM »
Well I got the ribs at Makro, marinated them as described, then invited 5 Farangs to join (on was a no show).  The ribs were excellent, the fries crispy and the beer cold (ice on the side if needed).  Had a good mix of guys, a Scouser, Korean, Swede (w/son), and myself. 

Offline dundeemk6

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
I would have loved to take the place of the no-show urleft ... great ribs  bravo1

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 12:29:06 AM »
I am telling my TG I would lke better grill.  I just showed her what I want, if she buys for me, I will grill a lot more. 

I love to cook ribs, I do about once a month.  I also like to talk crap while I am eating. 

Anyone else want to be invited to my next cookout?    I think my requirement will be to bring some beer.

Offline JasonB

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 03:37:41 AM »
Alright,Urleft,sounds good,I'll try and find some good beer to bring,PM me a week before,JasonB.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 07:06:36 PM »
I am cooking ribs 11 Oct about 6 pm, can invite 2 more.  I have invitations to Jason and dundeemk6 but would be surprised if they could make in on short notice. 

So 1st to say they will be here (subject to J/D), will get the invitation. 

Keith

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »
Wow, no takers

Offline dundeemk6

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 08:40:57 PM »
Thank you for the invite but I had a trip planned to the cambodian market, my 90-day reporting and a visit to Chong Chom market with the family ... just home : 20.30 ... showertime and to bed ...

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
Is Chong Chom the same as the Poipet border?

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »
Sorry, after reviewing the maps clearly not the case.  I do not reccomend the Poipet border for any "farang" even if (or maybe especially when) traveling with Thai.  Was in LOS last week on business, just a quick trip to the border to see how it goes.  Thai side not so bad, (but not great), cambodia side....CRAP.  I was lucky to get out of there without being part of a multinational incident!!  Biggest thing, make sure you get your visa anyplace but Cambodia.  They absolutely refused my 20 USD, charged me extra for no photo (none was taken either), and the price in baht went from 600 to 700 to 900 in one breath.  They see white folk coming and they jump up to be the first to grab the money.  Kind of like used care salesmen in USA.... swordfight   love4 

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 09:25:23 PM »
Sorry, used *car.  And for the insurance F*CKS watching this post.....I was on scheduled vacation!   slapfight

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 10:18:34 AM »
Well the ribs turned out very good, tried 2 different seasonings and some BBQ sauce. 

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 01:44:40 PM »
Sorry, after reviewing the maps clearly not the case.  I do not reccomend the Poipet border for any "farang" even if (or maybe especially when) traveling with Thai.  Was in LOS last week on business, just a quick trip to the border to see how it goes.  Thai side not so bad, (but not great), cambodia side....CRAP.  I was lucky to get out of there without being part of a multinational incident!!  Biggest thing, make sure you get your visa anyplace but Cambodia.  They absolutely refused my 20 USD, charged me extra for no photo (none was taken either), and the price in baht went from 600 to 700 to 900 in one breath.  They see white folk coming and they jump up to be the first to grab the money.  Kind of like used care salesmen in USA.... swordfight   love4

Immigration make nosecret that they "make a business" out of theirrole.

At Chong Chom I understand it costs up to 1,400 Baht to do your visa run. This includes a 300 Baht charge for "not staying in Cambodia one night".

For visa  runs they will not accept $20.

I have paid $20 for a kosha visit in the past but have agreed to pay $25 per person for any tour groups, so as to avoid any "issues".

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 06:14:32 AM »
Perhaps you should consider removing that tattoo on your forehead!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick