{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 22778 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: Hi All
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 06:36:10 AM »
Moneymaker having a pool table in a bar.. never understood why farang  bars here dont have them.. For ppl like me who dont drink much but love a game of pool its a big miss.. so im buying a table to put in my home..

Because it is illegal. The police want alot of money. There was a guy in Buriram who had one. He refused to pay the large amounts being demanded. A police pick up turned up, dismantled the table and took it away.

International bar used to have one. He paid. He soon got pissed off when the police would often turn up, have a free game of pool and a nice, free couple of beers.

To get a licence one must have a number of tables, I think it is 6, and they cannot be visible from the outside of the bar.

Offline JasonB

• Active member on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 11:59:13 AM »
That must be a Buriram district only law,I've never seen it or heard of it In Hua Hin or Bangkok,and virtually every bar in Hua hin have at least one table,I suppose they have to get their tea money somehow. biglaugh

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »
That must be a Buriram district only law,I've never seen it or heard of it In Hua Hin or Bangkok,and virtually every bar in Hua hin have at least one table,I suppose they have to get their tea money somehow. biglaugh

National law. Obviously the bars that you have been in pay up.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »

National law. Obviously the bars that you have been in pay up.
Soi 6 in Pattaya    .......only 1 table I know of,,,,guess who owns the bar ..BiB

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 06:28:52 PM »
1000 baht a month to pay the police off for a table.... They say its gambling lol.. so what about a snooker table then.. party4

Offline Trubrit

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 06:45:42 PM »
Hi. I'm Trubrit. Live in sunny Udon but often visit in laws in Nan Long. Never know where to go when I'm there so hoping to get some info on here .Not into bars or night life  but enjoy nature and sight seeing.Ideas welcome .Also love Thai food. oldmanwithstick

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 07:52:29 PM »
1000 baht a month to pay the police off for a table.... They say its gambling lol.. so what about a snooker table then.. party4

Like I said there is a rule about number of tables, and about being visible. How many snooker halls have you seen with one table? And how many with an open front?

BTW it's a bit more than a grand a month.

Probably why places like Buriram don't have them. Not cost efficient.

I do agree though,Toffo. There is never any gambling in snooker halls!!!!!!!!!!

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 08:08:15 PM »
If anyone is concerned about the Pool Police and would like a game of pool in a farang  bar come over to Prasat or Surin. BTW they do not pay tea money..Never have the police in Chiang Mai tried that scam. And yes I have owned bars..

Offline JasonB

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2013, 08:28:46 PM »
Hi All, today I spoke to 3 bar owners in Hua Hin and Cha Am,they have NEVER paid any money to the plod for pool tables,two of them have two tables each and the one in Cha Am has one only,and none of them have heard of this law....and they have been living in Thailand for a combined 30plus years,and I have known them for a total of about 5 years,and they have never lied.....on a different note...the Thai's bet on a fly on the wall and football games etc,so why pool tables?? Regards Jason.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 06:54:53 AM »
Hate to sound like two little kids here but, I spoke to a mate of mine who had two bars in Bangkok and did have to pay. I spoke to a Poo Yai Ban just up the road from me. He is an ex copper. He told me that there is a law stipulating number of tables and where they are situated. There is also, usually, some leeway given according to the Chief of Police at the time.

A bit like the no drinking between 2pm and 5pm, gambling and prostitution party4

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 09:08:29 AM »
A full size table,YES,YOU SURE PAY BUT NOT ON A THREEQUARTER SIZE!!!!!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 09:16:20 AM »
Hi All, today I spoke to 3 bar owners in Hua Hin and Cha Am,they have NEVER paid any money to the plod for pool tables,two of them have two tables each and the one in Cha Am has one only,and none of them have heard of this law....and they have been living in Thailand for a combined 30plus years,and I have known them for a total of about 5 years,and they have never lied.....on a different note...the Thai's bet on a fly on the wall and football games etc,so why pool tables?? Regards Jason.
I have been here for 31 years, this 'pool table /snooker table, tea money' scam seemed to start in Pattaya around the 1990 era & certainly still goes on......Even in Nang Rong, Tommy the 'owner' of Thai-Am has to cough up tea money every month.

Offline JasonB

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 12:46:11 PM »
Well I suppose we can ALL be right,as usual,no rule or law is applied evenly in Thailand...that's not a critism,as I suppose it ads to the,how do I say it,the"uniqueness" of the place.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 02:56:48 PM »
If anyone is concerned about the Pool Police and would like a game of pool in a farang  bar come over to Prasat or Surin. BTW they do not pay tea money..Never have the police in Chiang Mai tried that scam. And yes I have owned bars..

The police in Surin HAVE tried to get tea money via Pool tables in the past. Talk to Eivan about it, as he has one of the few (farang owned)tables in the whole of Moung Surin.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 03:07:00 PM »

The police in Surin HAVE tried to get tea money via Pool tables in the past. Talk to Eivan about it, as he has one of the few (farang owned)tables in the whole of Moung Surin.

The BiBs had to buy the wife some gold.... punk

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM