{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: MONKS and MONEY  (Read 15415 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: MONKS and MONEY
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 11:36:20 AM »
Have any of you heard of an Abbot Monk in Chiang Rai called Khru Bah. He is an ex Thai boxer and runs the Golden Horse Monestery. A documentery was made about him and his work, its called Buddha's Lost Children. Its a two part DVD but can be viewed over many 15min parts on utube. Worth a look and may restore some faith in humanity. Here is part one. Follow the links after for the rest of the storyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2r9KNSbu2o&feature=player_detailpage

Seems like a great monk and nun...

Someone i would be happy to give money to, so he can carry on his work
What a terrible thing to say "I would be happy giving money to".
Personally i wouldn't give these people anything.

Well then you shouldn't give any of your money then. Nor do i think did anyone ask you to...
If you want to give away your hard earned money that's up to you.
The more you give these people the more they want.
They never stop holding their hand out.
Charity starts at home.

Charity may start at home but for some it doesn't end there. If you don't want to give that's up to. but going out of your way to try to stop others....
please give me a break

No one would try to stop you giving away your money as you choose - you have earned the right to that.

But don't criticise others for pointing that giving to wats/monks is a questionable choice.

There are many that have been a long time and have concluded that there are  parasitic tendencies associated with the monks. There are a number of videos circulating amongst Thais that may cause you to question your benevolent view of monks.

As with others going by different names and representing different religions/faiths.

Offline Murtle_71

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 11:46:57 AM »
Have any of you heard of an Abbot Monk in Chiang Rai called Khru Bah. He is an ex Thai boxer and runs the Golden Horse Monestery. A documentery was made about him and his work, its called Buddha's Lost Children. Its a two part DVD but can be viewed over many 15min parts on utube. Worth a look and may restore some faith in humanity. Here is part one. Follow the links after for the rest of the storyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2r9KNSbu2o&feature=player_detailpage

Well then you shouldn't give any of your money then. Nor do i think did anyone ask you to...
Charity starts at home.

Charity may start at home but for some it doesn't end there. If you don't want to give that's up to. but going out of your way to try to stop others....
please give me a break

No one would try to stop you giving away your money as you choose - you have earned the right to that.

But don't criticise others for pointing that giving to wats/monks is a questionable choice.

There are many that have been a long time and have concluded that there are parasitic tendencies associated with the monks. There are a number of videos circulating amongst Thais that may cause you to question your benevolent view of monks.

I have never said  that all monks or wats are good. Nor have i said that i would give to any of them other then the monk in the video posted. do you have anything to criticise him about or the work that he is doing...

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 12:01:36 PM »

Charity starts at home.

please give me a break

There are many that have been a long time and have concluded that there are  parasitic tendencies associated with the monks. There are a number of videos circulating amongst Thais that may cause you to question your benevolent view of monks.

As with others going by different names and representing different religions/faiths.

Indeed Steve, but this thread is about monks and money...

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 12:10:03 PM »

Charity starts at home.

please give me a break
That hardly seems like i am trying to tell others not to give.
I am simply saying as for myself i wouldn't give them a single penny.

Offline Eric2012

• Contributor with future
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »
Is 'Italian Tony' back?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry