{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: THAILAND - EVIL AND CORRUPT  (Read 32674 times)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: THAILAND - EVIL AND CORRUPT
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 07:19:42 AM »
I intended to add..

.. I like the idea of a third party administering the cane where students have transgressed a set of laid down rules. this takes away any 'personal grudge' element and should (at least in theory) lead to a more consistent application of the punishment.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 07:39:12 AM »
Absolutely CoCo.  I was totally against the actions of this specific teacher, which to my mind were way out of line.

As for fining students- in many cases in Thailand you cannot get blood from a stone! Many kids don't even have money for shoes!

Detention, not allowing them to engage in school sports, after school activities  and similar punishments are more desirable

Offline Albert

• Contributor with future
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 07:52:10 AM »
Absolutely CoCo.  I was totally against the actions of this specific teacher, which to my mind were way out of line.

As for fining students- in many cases in Thailand you cannot get blood from a stone! Many kids don't even have money for shoes!

Detention, not allowing them to engage in school sports, after school activities  and similar punishments are more desirable
Kids don't do detention Nick,i never went to one single detention at school and nor will these kids,because like me they just don't care,not saying it's right but it's true.
You can cane them,give them detention,take them to court and fine them,or even lock them up,but you cannot take away what they have inside.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 07:58:12 AM »

Kids don't do detention Nick,i never went to one single detention at school and nor will these kids,because like me they just don't care,not saying it's right but it's true.
You can cane them,give them detention,take them to court and fine them,or even lock them up,but you cannot take away what they have inside.

I can understand that, but 'not caring' (i.e. don't give a fcuk) makes it very difficult to come up with appropriate punishment - where punishment is required.

Offline Albert

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 08:08:12 AM »

I can understand that, but 'not caring' (i.e. don't give a fcuk) makes it very difficult to come up with appropriate punishment - where punishment is required.
Yes Co-Co that's the problem how do you punish someone that doesn't give a f..k about himself or anyone else or anything else.
In reality the pain you receive from punishment only makes you stronger and makes you full of hate.

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 08:12:29 AM »
I intended to add..

.. I like the idea of a third party administering the cane where students have transgressed a set of laid down rules. this takes away any 'personal grudge' element and should (at least in theory) lead to a more consistent application of the punishment.

I agree Co-Co.  When I was at Primary School in Sydney (electricity had just been invented) the teacher HAD to send the kids to the Headmasters office for punishment. He then got the bamboo cane out. He was responsibile for me having 6 fingers on my left hand ... I had so many callouses on my hand from the "cuts" that they eventually developed into a 6th finger. He always asked "what hand do you write with ?" then walloped the other hand.

Mr Fizzell ... "smelly Fizzelly" we called him. How on earth do I still remember his name ????

So yes ... I think it's a good idea that an authority figure can give severe punishment if warranted. Maybe leave minor punishments to the individual teachers. All kids need to have some "fear" of punishment from adults.

Of course, all the "caning" of schoolkids ceased probably late 60's. Teachers would be crucified if they tried it now in Oz.
They would be sued by the parents for a starter.

Offline Albert

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 08:32:37 AM »
Quote from above=All kids need to have some "fear" of punishment from adults.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 08:35:38 AM »
Your response Albert is unbelievable.

From the time kids are born they are being told what they can and cannot do, They are scolded when they do something wrong.  They know if they do it again they will be punished. That is FEAR and is quite correct. The aim is to instil it sufficiently in them that it becomes the norm NOT to do it again.

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 08:41:27 AM »

UNBELIEVABLE.

Why UNBELIEVABLE ??

I suggest that every kid on the planet knows that if he/she does something wrong, Mum or Dad will most likely punish them in some way. It's how kids grow up and then become law abiding adult citizens.

If they grow up not "fearing" punishment from anyone ... then they become arrogant little toe rags as adults.

Offline Albert

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 09:06:03 AM »

From the time kids are born they are being told what they can and cannot do, They are scolded when they do something wrong.  They know if they do it again they will be punished. That is FEAR and is quite correct. The aim is to instil it sufficiently in them that it becomes the norm NOT to do it again.
Do you think that a child who as been hit with a cane by his teacher or a belt from his father will simply do as he is told?

Offline Albert

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »

UNBELIEVABLE.

Why UNBELIEVABLE ??

I suggest that every kid on the planet knows that if he/she does something wrong, Mum or Dad will most likely punish them in some way. It's how kids grow up and then become law abiding adult citizens.

If they grow up not "fearing" punishment from anyone ... then they become arrogant little toe rags as adults.
REALLY.
That's the whole point they don't fear anything or anyone
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:10:10 AM by Albert »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 09:08:31 AM »

Do you think that a child who as been hit with a cane by his teacher or a belt from his father will simply do as he is told?

The majority YES. But they need to have it fully explained to them why they are receiving punishment, the harm their actions have done, and the future consequences if they step out of line again.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:10:27 AM by Prakhonchai Nick »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 09:12:17 AM »
Are you or have you ever been a parent Albert? If so have you never reprimanded your kids. If not and you have had children, are they good upright citizens, or do they always brush with the law?

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 09:21:42 AM »

Albert, I think you are on your own on this one.

The evidence confirms that in most normal cases e.g. the cane (or fear of it) will cause students not to repeat their offences.

If that fear does not exist then re-offended will be a likely result. There are many re-offenders in borstals and prisons but there are even more people (who having taken their punishment) who 'learn their lesson'.

This is what discipline is about whether it be the cane in school, a 200 Baht fine for not wearing a helmet or castration for kiddy-fiddling. It is all designed to change behaviour - this is why there must be a rising scale of punishment to try and combat those who don't give a fcuk flying x. Internet forum rules are a 'code of conduct' and people who regularly breach them will get regularly banned.

Definition of discipline

1 [mass noun] the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behaviour, using punishment to correct disobedience:

Offline Albert

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 09:22:22 AM »
Are you or have you ever been a parent Albert? If so have you never reprimanded your kids. If not and you have had children, are they good upright citizens, or do they always brush with the law?
Yes i have 2 children back in the UK,1 of 29 and 1 of 25 years old,i was not at home a lot when i was younger due to work,so my wife would take care of that sort of thing,because i didn't want to be the heavy handed father,but i never agreed with the slapping.
My son has had a couple of dealing with the police but nothing major,just teenage stuff.
Me and my son are very close and always have been.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick