{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New on Buriram Expats  (Read 3459 times)

Offline pault

• http://buriramexpats.com/
New on Buriram Expats
« on: March 04, 2013, 10:14:04 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am currently living in Singapore with my Thai wife and our son. We have a house in khaen dong and travel quite frequently to the area.

At some point (hopefully soon)  I am interested in moving to the area permanently and  am interested to hear of others' experiences around jobs or setting up businesses. From what I have read probably teaching English is the most likely option in trms of a job. I was also thinking of opening a bar / restaurant etc in Khaen Dong and have land there in centre of town . I would not expect to make a lot of money but it is more about a) having an interest and something to do and b) just generating enough money so that I am not dipping into my savings and investments constantly.

The other thing I am curious about is that the whole area seems to be up and coming. certiainly since I first came 5 years ago things have moved on at a pace (there is even a tesco lotus in Khaen Dong). I have heard that large reservces of oil have been found in the area and chinese / japanese workers are coming hence some of the activity . I have also heard that some companies are re-locating from Bangkok due to the ongoing risks of flooding etc. Land in Khaen don has gone through the roof and i kow the same is true for Buriram. I was also interested to see a racing track (F1 standard)  is planned near Thunder castle which shoudl also do wonders for the area.

I'd be really intersted to hear from others on the forum about this as it has an influence on setting up a business

I am up for song kran and often pop in the irish bar in buriram so hope to see some of you there for an ale or two

paul

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM