{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Bicyling aroung Buriram  (Read 25029 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Bicyling aroung Buriram
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 10:35:45 PM »
On the loop, I added going north towards the Airport until the 4 lane ends and back, this adds about 16 KMs.  Mostly flat area. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 10:43:57 PM »
I have found an ass kicker route for Novices like me. 

Go to the Elephant circle, take 219th south until you reach the light, turn left on 226 towards Surin. 

This hill is an ass kicker for novices like me.  First time I tried, I failed and walked my bike up a good portion.  2nd time I cycled to the top, and on the way down exceeded 50km an hour.   

I will be working on this route a while as it is easily extended by taking 218 past Big C to 226. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 11:15:06 PM »
I was very disappointed today, went to the bicycle shop behind the bus station and its changed, had lots of children't bikes that we actually talked about buying one.  The lady sent us up the road about 50 meters to their new store.

The intent of my visit was I had bought an innertube from him a while back and when I put it on the bike Saturday it sprung a leak while I was pumping it up.  He found the hole and said the issue was because off the box the tube comes in.  So he sells me a faulty tube and will not stand behind it. 

Now I have bought 2 mid range bikes from him, brought in an Expat that bought one, and they guy would not exchange the innertube.  Must be the Thai way but I have no intention of going back, and definately will not buy my daughter a bike from him. 

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 12:05:19 PM »
All this talking (reading) about bicycles got me wanting one, would be ideal to have a mountain bike driving around. A road bike wouldn't last here because of the potholes.

Any idea where to buy a good one ?

Offline mahdam

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 12:47:07 PM »
All this talking (reading) about bicycles got me wanting one, would be ideal to have a mountain bike driving around. A road bike wouldn't last here because of the potholes.

I have seen mountain bikes for sale in a small Bike repair/sales shop on the corner of a small soi at the end of the car park of the big Government building opposite the old Tweekit. It's also next door to a Thai restaurant that sells a cracking Khow soi, delicious!

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 01:39:59 PM »
Thanks @mahdam.

Do they have farang sizes  or the regular Thai size.

I need a 18-19" frame., so maybe difficult to find around here.

Offline mahdam

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 02:08:46 PM »
Thanks @mahdam.

Do they have farang sizes  or the regular Thai size.

I need a 18-19" frame., so maybe difficult to find around here.

Sorry Mike, can't answer that as have only noted the shop on my way to the Resaurant next door.
They did have some profesional looking kit in there though, so may be worth a look.

Offline mahdam

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 02:15:24 PM »
Just had a look, and Lazada have a fair selection, if you fancy ordering online.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 02:47:30 PM »

I have seen mountain bikes for sale in a small Bike repair/sales shop on the corner of a small soi at the end of the car park of the big Government building opposite the old Tweekit. It's also next door to a Thai restaurant that sells a cracking Khow soi, delicious!

Can't go wrong there. Good shop. The "professional" looking oned can set yo back 70k+, although there are cheaper alternatives.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 03:56:31 PM »
@mahdam.

Thanks. I am not keen on ordering a bike online, you never know what your going to get, but will check it out.

@starman

I expected already a price like that (original budget was around 50k)

tmrw we will be going into town to do our weekly shopping run and if I have a chance will check that place out.

Thx guys, highly appreciated.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 04:38:29 PM »

If you had asked me 2 days ago I would have said backside of the bus station as he probably has well over 100 very good bikes, mainly Trek.  In the 50K range you are talking the almost his best.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 04:52:55 PM »
I think I have to pay that kind of money to get a decent bike here as I am tall.

Back in Europe a standard mountain bike for me would be in the 900+ Euro range and prices here in LoS I expect to be much higher.

Just as a joke I checked out the bikes at the Chong Chom market and as expected I hit the steering wheel on each and every one of them with my knees when trying to pedal :)

I will also check out that place near the bus station, but after reading your ordeal with the tube (weird) I also doubt that I will buy from them.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 04:54:59 PM »
I was very disappointed today, went to the bicycle shop behind the bus station and its changed, had lots of children't bikes that we actually talked about buying one.  The lady sent us up the road about 50 meters to their new store.

The intent of my visit was I had bought an innertube from him a while back and when I put it on the bike Saturday it sprung a leak while I was pumping it up.  He found the hole and said the issue was because off the box the tube comes in.  So he sells me a faulty tube and will not stand behind it. 

Now I have bought 2 mid range bikes from him, brought in an Expat that bought one, and they guy would not exchange the innertube.  Must be the Thai way but I have no intention of going back, and definately will not buy my daughter a bike from him. 

Just out of interest, how long is "a while back"?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »

I will also check out that place near the bus station, but after reading your ordeal with the tube (weird) I also doubt that I will buy from them.

It is really stupid, I mean he is the one gave me this other brand of tire other than from Trek which I had been buying, and it's only a few hundred baht.  I am thinking that he had so many complaints/issues with this brand (Kendall), he stopped using it, I did not see him carrying that brand anymore.  In fact we just found a tube we bought from him in 2012 (Bontrager, Trek brand) used it with no issues.

Which is too bad as I had been very satisfied with his services, he corrected my Bangkok bought Trek several times.  And he has a very good inventory.  If I would have known about him I would have bought from him instead of Bangkok.   I would be surprised if you could not be set up for less than 30K.  A word of advice, I have 30 speeds on my mountain bike, it is not needed, 20 is more than adequate for the non pro IMHO.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 08:54:28 PM »
Thx for the tips, appreciated!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM