{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Poll

WHAT IS YOUR PREDICTION ON BURIRAM UNITED DOING THE TREBLE.

The treble.
5 (33.3%)
The double
5 (33.3%)
Only one title
0 (0%)
No titles.
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 09:04:37 AM

Author Topic: BURIRAM UNITED.  (Read 204236 times)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: BURIRAM UNITED.
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2013, 10:15:32 PM »
This was my first visit to a match at the i-mobile stadium.

I was very impressed with a number of things and you can see that Newin has got his head screwed on.

Good stadium, good organisation and good atmosphere.

Of course, parts of the game were like watching Colchester vs Southend Utd but  the second half, as Buriram took control, saw some fluid passing movements.

Don't know the names yet but I was impressed with 2 Farangs (no5 and no 7) and also no 24 and no 2. I understand that the left fullback (no 2) has a bit of a reputation so I was VERY impressed when he showed restraint with less than 10 minutes to go. A Bangkok Glass player (accidentally?) caught him in the face after the Buriram player had won the ball. All to easy to react (especially if you have a reputation) but he stayed calm and simply asked the linesman if he had seen it (he probably said "are you F***ing blind lino").

Overall a  good night out, a few Chang before the game and I THINK I met Candy ??

Unfortunately, the missus enjoyed it as well so that has likely put paid a few nights out with the boys and a stopover.

Maybe I will take a look at the away fixtures....... :)

Offline Albert

• Contributor with future
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2013, 08:55:04 AM »
Glad you enjoyed the game Co-Co,if you do decide to come on Tuesday we will have to meet up for a beer before the game,maybe the bigger guy will come along as well. buriram_united

Offline Albert

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2013, 09:42:46 AM »
Buriram 2 Bangkok Glass 0

Bangkok Glass decided to make the bold decision to drop the heartthrob twins of Peter Laing and Leesaw. They set up with a in a 4:3:3 formation whilst Buriram went for a more attacking 4:2:3:1. Billy Mehmet, described in some circles as “a tree with eyes” for his reaction times, was also dropped by the Glass Rabbits.
The game started at a high tempo and Buriram had a good chance on three minutes from the edge of the area; the resulting corner also went close. The home team were closing down players much more quickly than last week’s game against Suphanburi and creating much more intensity with far more off the ball movement. BG were settling into a mass defence approach, hoping for a counter attack or to create frustration in the home team. Saruta was trying to probe the home defence, but his team mates were unable to read his moves and the Japanese speedster soon became frustrated with the lack of communication.

After twenty minutes, BG were starting to push players forward, but a lack of cohesion between the midfield and the front men meant that momentum was difficult to build up. However, they will have been pleased to have kept a clean sheet against a team that had to go for the win after their arch rivals’ win away to Sisaket yesterday.
Leandro waited twenty five minutes before his sniper from the stands moment. Against all known medical advice, he fought his was back onto the pitch despite his horrific injuries, and carried on almost as if he was not injured at all.

The frustration for the home side was beginning to build and BG were getting more time in midfield. A decent chance on twenty nine minutes by Buriram’s Jaewoong lacked any sort of conviction after some quick feet on the edge of the BG area, but the subsequent corner was inches away from a repeat of last weeks goal straight from the spot kick. Bizarrely BG’s keeper Narit was cautioned on thirty two minutes for his touch of petulance and then it seemed to happen again the same way as last week. BG’s shot from the edge of the area was deflected into the Buriram goal, but it was disallowed for a highly contentious offside.
As half time approached, Saruta was being forced wider in search of possession and niggling fouls were starting the pepper proceedings. Unusually for BG, players were prepared to put their bodies on the line to protect their goal and a defensive spirit was building.

Half time: Buriram 0 Bangkok Glass 0

At half time Buriram brought on Adisak and Bustos, taking off Anthony and Kai. Like the first half, this forty five started at a high tempo but this time the home side made it pay after terrible BG defending allowed Carmelo the easiest of chances to stroke the ball into the net from the penalty spot area. Now BG would have to rethink and regroup if they were to get anything from the game.
On fifty three minutes BG brought on Billy Mehmet to add some physicality but Bustos was providing a dynamic focal point for the home team and Buriram were looking much calmer in possession. On fifty seven minutes the Heartthrob Kid Leesaw came on for BG to replace Chatree. Bustos missed a glorious chance on sixty minutes when he managed to side foot a simple chance wide after the customary BG defensive meltdown which would have sealed the game. On sixty three minutes Carmelo walked through the  gaping heart of the BG defence and calmly stroked the ball home from the edge of the area, giving Narit no chance. Carmelo was cautioned on sixty six minutes for reasons best known to the referee, and then handbags at dawn ensued after the usual Leandro theatrics with Adisak after the latter kicked the ball at him which, surprisingly ended in no cards and a weak free kick from BG.

On sixty nine minutes Buririam replaced Charil with Suchao to give visiting national coach Winnie Schaefer something to consider. On seventy four minutes Laing was cautioned for his foul on Bustos; a harsh decision for a player hardly renowned for physicality. With eighty minutes gone the game was petering out into a straightforward home win. Brief moments of entertainment by the away team of Leandro’s dramatics and Mehmet’s leaden footed touches were matched and surpassed by confident home team possession. Leandro’s most entertaining dive of the evening came on eighty four minutes when three steps unhindered ended in him diving beautifully to the deck as if scythed down by an invisible opponent. At the other end Bustos almost scored with a classy lob that was well beaten away and strolled through the heart of the BG defence on eighty seven minutes only to blast over the bar.

On tonight’s performance BG are a mid table team at best.

Man of the match: Carmelo. High intensity, two goals and lots of movement buriram_united buriram_united

Taken from Thai League Football

Offline hermest

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2013, 10:30:35 AM »
Wonderful  stadio go Buriram

Offline Albert

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
 buriram_united

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2013, 06:18:15 PM »
I don't really care who wins as long as it's not Buriram

Come on Seoul   

Offline hermest

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2013, 06:34:31 PM »
Dimple Joe,why do you not support the local team? Are you not living in Buriram province

Offline hermest

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 06:35:53 PM »
Albert are you work at Buriram UTD?

Offline Albert

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2013, 07:26:16 PM »
Albert are you work at Buriram UTD?
No Hermest just a loyal fan. buriram_united

Offline Albert

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2013, 07:39:11 PM »

Come on Seoul   

The thread is called Buriram United.

You are entitled to support who you want,but i must say Seoul seems to be a strange choice for someone living in Buriram.

But the real reason is because i don't supporting England.

Up to you.

Come on    buriram_united

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »

Come on Seoul   

You are entitled to support who you want,but i must say Seoul seems to be a strange choice for someone living in Buriram.

Up to you.

So...., presumably Albert, you never lived in England ?  :ohmy: :ohmy: :P :o buriramsmiley

Offline Albert

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2013, 09:20:12 PM »

Come on Seoul   

Up to you.

So...., presumably Albert, you never lived in England ?  :ohmy: :ohmy: :P :o buriramsmiley
Yes i did but they were dark days. thumbup
 buriram_united

Offline Alan

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2013, 10:51:36 PM »
They were dark days Albert but things look alot brighter since you left!!!!!!  greatbritainflag footballscarf

Offline Albert

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2013, 06:23:29 AM »
They were dark days Albert but things look alot brighter since you left!!!!!! footballscarf
Happy to have left the s..t hole of a country.
Things here are a lot brighter as well,39 degrees here at the moment,and it's snowing again in the UK. thumbup

You must be really enjoying yourself,lunch.:D :D :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:28:53 AM by Albert »

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
Buriram United 0-0 FC Seoul

posted March 12, 2013/ No Comments

Buriram grabbed a satisfactory point with a 0-0 draw against the current K-League champions FC Seoul.

The Korean side started on the front foot and forced the first chance of the game. Kwang Min and Molina linked up nicely before they teed up Dejan Damjanovic whose shot flew just over the bar.

Buriram were certainly trying to attack FC Seoul, but it was the Koreans who had the next chance. Escudero was allowed to skip through the Buriram defence and Siwaruk had to get down sharply at his near post to block his low angled shot.

As the half hour approached, Buriram were fortunate that the ball fell to Molina’s wrong foot as the Colombian prodded wide from 12 yards out.

Buriram forced a series of corners as they pace of the half gradually slowed down. Carmelo Gonzalez got in behind the FC Seoul back line, but just as he was about to pull the trigger, Kim Ju Young got a blocking challenge in.

The best chance of the opening period came in stoppage time after Molina cut back a free kick to Choi Hyun Tae, and his low drive skimmed off the post after taking a slight nick off a Buriram defender.

Both teams freshened then things up at the interval. FC Seoul appeared to be in the ascendancy, yet it was Buriram who came closer to scoring in the third quarter. Theerathorn fizzed a right foot shot over the bar while Prathum was inches away from connecting with a great free kick delivery from Jirawat.

With the clock ticking down, the pair seemed content to stick with the point they had. However, Prathum had a couple of sticky moments in injury time. The first was a driven cross which bounced off his thigh past the post, and the second was a hack on the edge of the box which could have been given as a penalty by the Singaporean referee.

It finished 0-0 and overall it was a fair score line. Buriram fought well but lacked the final ball into the opposition box.

Man of the Match: Adilson dos Santos – composed performance from the veteran

Match report copied and pasted by candy runningdog

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod