{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: newbie  (Read 15596 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: newbie
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 04:06:08 PM »
Visa's depending on type can be done at Kap Chaeng & Chom Chom which are not far away either

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »
I am coming on a triple entry tourist visa whicch i need to change to type o when i marry Nok (my partner) and obviously i need to open bank account and get translations and embassy letters and shit like that sorted how much can be done in the area and what needs to be done in bkk ?
thanks Nookie looking forward to sampling some of your wares soon

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »
I am coming on a triple entry tourist visa whicch i need to change to type o when i marry Nok (my partner) and obviously i need to open bank account and get translations and embassy letters and shit like that sorted how much can be done in the area and what needs to be done in bkk ?
thanks Nookie looking forward to sampling some of your wares soon

If you are not already in Thailand, why not come on a non immigrant O visa in the first place? No need to be maried to do that!

Offline ban1216

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 04:37:08 PM »
i spoke to the embassy here and they said he only visa i can get is tourist because i am not going to work there and im not old enough to retire yet my good lady is going to run our business and take care of me there

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 04:49:18 PM »
I know of a few people in their early 40's who have non immigrant O visas. Perhaps you should telephone the Thai consulate at Hull.  They are generally much more helpful

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 07:25:37 AM »
I know of a few people in their early 40's who have non immigrant O visas. Perhaps you should telephone the Thai consulate at Hull.  They are generally much more helpful
Almost impossible to get anywhere at the moment regardless of age unless you own property or have a child with your Thai Lady.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 12:05:10 PM »
O visas are generally not issued now if you are not over 50 or are not married.

Come over on a Tourist visa. If you get a triple entry that will give you loads of time. When you have used up all of your entries you then have a choice, if you are married at that point.

You can change the tourist visa to an O, maybe have to go to Bangkok for this. Or you can pop out to Savannaket in Laos. There you can apply for an O visa based on marraige. For 2000 baht you can get a single entry. That will last for 3 months. You can then apply a Kap Cheong immigration for a 12 month extension. You will need to have had 400000 baht in a Thai bank, and in your sole name for 2 months, plus a few more documents. The best bet would be tom pop into Kap Cheong Immigration office on your way to your last border hop in Chong Chom and ask them for a list of required documents as they do change quite often.

As an alternative you could apply for a multi entry O visa in Savannaket. These cost 5000baht. There is no need to show money in the bank. If you play it right you can make this last 17 months:-

The visa is valid for a year.Each entry is good for 90 days. On the 90th day you cross the border and come back. The day before the "use by" date expires you cross for the final(4th) time. That means that you will have been here for approx 15 months. On the last day go to Kap Cheong with copy of marraige certificate, copy of house registration book, copy of wife's ID card, your passport, a passport photo and 1900baht. They will issue you with a 60 day extension. After that you can just repeat the process. No proof of funds needed.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:07:03 PM by Starman »

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »

Come over on a Tourist visa. If you get a triple entry that will give you loads of time. When you have used up all of your entries you then have a choice, if you are married at that point.

You can change the tourist visa to an O, maybe have to go to Bangkok for this. Or you can pop out to Savannaket in Laos. There you can apply for an O visa based on marraige. For 2000 baht you can get a single entry. That will last for 3 months. You can then apply a Kap Cheong immigration for a 12 month extension. You will need to have had 400000 baht in a Thai bank, and in your sole name for 2 months, plus a few more documents. The best bet would be tom pop into Kap Cheong Immigration office on your way to your last border hop in Chong Chom and ask them for a list of required documents as they do change quite often.

As an alternative you could apply for a multi entry O visa in Savannaket. These cost 5000baht. There is no need to show money in the bank. If you play it right you can make this last 17 months:-

The visa is valid for a year.Each entry is good for 90 days. On the 90th day you cross the border and come back. The day before the "use by" date expires you cross for the final(4th) time. That means that you will have been here for approx 15 months. On the last day go to Kap Cheong with copy of marraige certificate, copy of house registration book, copy of wife's ID card, your passport, a passport photo and 1900baht. They will issue you with a 60 day extension. After that you can just repeat the process. No proof of funds needed.

or earn 45000 baht per month.. If thats the wrong number then correct me..

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 12:16:28 PM »

or earn 45000 baht per month.. If thats the wrong number then correct me..
40000 is enough.

Offline ban1216

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »
Excellent information and very informative thankyou starman and nookie and toffo and nick  and all who contruibuted so far and to be honest the 12 month extension sounds more favourable than all the visa runs loli know a visa run is simple from buriram due to its close proximity to the border but knowing me i would forget and get myself in the poo oldmanwithstick I am planning on sticking the 800000 in the bank in preperation for my retirement visa later
Dont want to show any official income as cant be arsed with the tax and red tape involved but maybe later when i have settled this will change :)
so the plan is that my good lady is going to take care of me in the salon that i am providing the funds to set up and i will be a kind of house husband lol
look forward to meeting a few of you very soon
if its not a strange question what does everyone miss from there home countries ? ie what cant you buy that you would really want to have with you now  character3

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 04:33:03 PM »
After 26 years here -absolutely nothing Roy.

In that time we have been provided with Tesco, Big C and Makro, the Buriram Pieman and Nookies food, so practically every food item is available within a reasonable distance. Those items that are not available locally can be picked up in Pattaya ( an excuse for a night or 2 away!)

Nookie has shark fillets - highly recommended and I bet you can't pick them up easily in the UK

Offline toffo

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 04:34:59 PM »
Gregg's sausage rolls and cheese pasty.. Tears in my eyes just thinking about them

Offline toffo

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »
No decent crisps here..no decent biscuits. The list is too long sadly

Offline ban1216

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 04:54:11 PM »
hmmm not noticed shark fillets lately but who knows lol just what  i wanted to hear, luckily i dont like sausage rolls  and can live without cheese pasties i reckon and to be honest on my last 3 trips to Pattaya i fell out of love with the place and now actually have found myself not liking it at all  so it is on my avoid  at all costs list  buriramsmiley

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »
hmmm not noticed shark fillets lately but who knows lol just what  i wanted to hear, luckily i dont like sausage rolls  and can live without cheese pasties i reckon and to be honest on my last 3 trips to Pattaya i fell out of love with the place and now actually have found myself not liking it at all  so it is on my avoid  at all costs list  buriramsmiley

Pleased to hear that you have fallen out of love with Pattaya. CoCo and I went regularly a couple of years ago, until we found Siem Reap in Cambodia.   That's why we run regular tours there, and our wives love it too.

Easier and quicker to get to than Pattaya too, with excellent hotels  60% of the cost of similar quality Pattaya hotels.

Plus ANGKOR BEER!   tonguebar2

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM