{Advertisements}

Poll

SHOULD THE GUN LAWS BE CHANGED IN AMERICA

YES
25 (80.6%)
NO
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Yet Another Gun Outrage in USA  (Read 157520 times)

Offline sao baht

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Yet Another Gun Outrage in USA
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »
Wouldn't This Be The Perfect Christmas Card For The National Rifle Association  smilenod

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 11:22:44 AM »
Again, what makes you so specical that you can say what I need or don't need? 

Maybe I need that high powered rifle to keep coyotes from killing sheep on my 2000 acre ranch, maybe I need that high capacity magazine as part of my championship quick shoot match. 

Offline Jamaw

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 11:31:24 AM »
Urleft- in order to have a debate you must respond with a reasoned response. A reasoned response, which conflicts with the established statement is known as an argument - a connected series of statements with the intention of establishing a proposition.

Just coming on here and showing hideous pictures, in particular equating the USA to Israel backfires on you (excuse the pun).

You devalue your case when you simply seek to defend what is indefensible and defend your corner, simply because it is your corner.

When you post such things all you do is confirm what seems to be typical American insularity.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  Mark Twain.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 11:38:29 AM »
Being a Christian is irrelevant, I don't understand why that was brought up. Quite simply, there is no need for so many weapons and such powerful weapons. People with no criminal record have boasted to have as many as 16 types of guns in their homes. Why?

It's basically down to attitude and we, in Europe have a different perspective. I just irritates me when Americans try to relate the need or justification for weapon with freedom, a hideous excuse.

I have been asking what makes you the authority to decide what is needed?   

Offline Jamaw

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 11:41:12 AM »
No one referred to making decisions, only opinions and suggestions which leads to debate- something you keep failing at.

Keep trying, keep coming back, if you don't improve at least you will still amuse.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 11:59:03 AM »
LOL, you state something as fact, then when I call you it you first ignore it, then make fun of me, and now finally at least acknowledge it is your opinion. 

So far as debate, I finally got you to acknowledge (after how many posts?) your statement was opinion, not fact.  Seems +1 to me.   

Who posted the first picture?    An which picture I posted was hideous and untrue? 

And my basic premise in all this is why should I as a Law Abiding citizen give up my rights because some crazed individual killed people in a GUN FREE ZONE

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »
Again, what makes you so specical that you can say what I need or don't need? 

Maybe I need that high powered rifle to keep coyotes from killing sheep on my 2000 acre ranch, maybe I need that high capacity magazine as part of my championship quick shoot match. 

What do they do in other countries where guns are outlawed, to protect their livestock?

Why, when so many innocent people are killed by people using guns, are gun shooting competitions necessary - or even allowed?

[/quote]
"And my basic premise in all this is why should I as a Law Abiding citizen give up my rights because some crazed individual killed people in a GUN FREE ZONE.  "  [/quote]

Unfortunately, Urleft, there are now so many non - Law Abiding Citizens, that for the safety and protection of the remaonder, new laws need to be introduced.

Offline Jamaw

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 12:05:01 PM »
I don't make fun of you, you make fun of yourself. Posting a picture that states ''carrying a gun is better than carrying a policeman'' deserves all the ridicule that can be mustered. It provokes people to take the law into their own hands and the majority won't be as proficient with a weapon as you.

As stated, you have yet to come up with a reasoned response and the example I quoted above is just one example where you have brought ridicule upon yourself.

You're not getting any better at this and it's taking you longer to respond and the response lacks substance.

I have stated that it is a fact that the USA has the worst road safety record of the developed world but if you need me to publish evidence of what is common knowledge then you are more ignorant and insular than I first thought.

If wit was shit you'd be constipated.

If you're in a hole stop digging.

Offline sao baht

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 12:27:15 PM »

Offline Jamaw

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2012, 12:29:59 PM »
It's called democracy...

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2012, 12:31:43 PM »
Jamie,

So who is supposed to protect the people?  I am prepared to protect myself.  As far as carrying a policman, that is classic satire, too bad you failed to understand it. 

I don't have time to look for it right now, but I posted the total amount of roads and vehicles in the US on another posting  (I think is was another of Nookie's (who speaks for everyone) posts).  Hard to compare apples (amount of vehicles/roads in US) to raisins (# of vehicles/roads in other countries). 

In this specific case of killing firemen there is a crazed individual that illegally had guns (FACT).  So by definition, he was a criminal (before the shooting). Should this individual/incident be used as a basis to take away my rights to own guns?    Also note the Sandy Hill lunatic did not obtain his guns legally.   

What more gun laws would have stopped these killings?

As an aside, as a Veteran there is an unaccountable Govenment bureaucrat that can abitrarily take away my Guns right without a judge having to preside and me being able to defend myself until after the fact:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/3/change-on-veterans-gun-rights-lights-fire/

Offline Jamaw

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »
There is no justification for taking the law into your own hands. I cannot see any need for an individual to keep a weapon at home. If there is a problem or threat of attack then it's up to the police.

If you want to shoot and be a member of a gun club, then ok, good but keep the weapons secure at the club not at home. If you honestly believe that you need a weapon at home for safety then that says a lot about the country you live in.

As for road safety- the USA is indeed lacking in many ways. It is far too easy to get a driving licence and even easier to keep on which is in contrast to UK/.EU. It is also far to easy to become a driving instructor and again, easy to remain one with no accreditation, no register and no monitoring of standards. I could go on but I really shouldn't need to. And I don't want to digress from the original theme.

More innocent civilians have been killed by guns in Chigaco in the past ten years than soldiers in Afghanistan. If that doesnt tell a story nothing will.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »
There is no justification for taking the law into your own hands. I cannot see any need for an individual to keep a weapon at home. If there is a problem or threat of attack then it's up to the police.

Again you are stating this as a fact, when it is really your opinion. 

An lucky for this 12 year old girl, your opinion is worthless in the US:  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/home-girl-12-shoots-robber-breaking-home-17524596

Home Alone Girl, 12, calls 911, but when they didn't arrive in time, shot the robber.    I guess by your view it would be better if she was killed or raped rather than having justification for taking the law into her own hands. 

Offline Jamaw

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »
Hideous.

It could have been all so wrong, so easy to disarm the girl and kill her.

Again, a weak argument. The thought of a 12 year old with a weapon defies belief.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 01:13:30 PM »
Hideous.

It could have been all so wrong, so easy to disarm the girl and kill her.

Again, a weak argument. The thought of a 12 year old with a weapon defies belief.

LOL, it is hard to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.  Jamie, and you are literally and figuratively unarmed. 

I give you facts, you give opinions and disbelief.  I hope for your sake reality never confronts you.  It is obviously not worth continuing this discussion as you are clearly unprepared. 

Good luck to you. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM