{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Weekly spice shopping at KFC  (Read 12161 times)

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Weekly spice shopping at KFC
« on: November 22, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »
Got my morning laugh at the Big C KFC store today. Was chowing down on some juicy KFC morsels (?) when I noticed a  reasonably well dressed Thai lady with shopping trolley come into the store. She went straight to the sauces dispensers and proceeded to fill 2 empty small Coke bottles with free sauce.

She pumped like crazy for about 5 mins completely filling both bottles !  Then she casually put them into her green Big C plastic bags and walked out of the store. KFC staff were cruising around the store as normal, but made no attempt to stop her.

She had obviously been shopping as the trolley was full of green plastic bags. Maybe she got as far as KFC and thought .... oh bugger ... I've forgot to get the sauce ... I'll just nip into KFC. She came well prepared though because she had 2 empty Coke bottles ready to go.

I guess if you are brazen enough to do it, you can get away with many things. How often have you seen shoppers cruising around the fruit & veg department having a little nibble as they go.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Weekly spice shopping at KFC
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 03:22:42 PM »
Got my morning laugh at the Big C KFC store today. Was chowing down on some juicy KFC morsels (?) when I noticed a  reasonably well dressed Thai lady with shopping trolley come into the store. She went straight to the sauces dispensers and proceeded to fill 2 empty small Coke bottles with free sauce.

She pumped like crazy for about 5 mins completely filling both bottles !  Then she casually put them into her green Big C plastic bags and walked out of the store. KFC staff were cruising around the store as normal, but made no attempt to stop her.

She had obviously been shopping as the trolley was full of green plastic bags. Maybe she got as far as KFC and thought .... oh bugger ... I've forgot to get the sauce ... I'll just nip into KFC. She came well prepared though because she had 2 empty Coke bottles ready to go.

I guess if you are brazen enough to do it, you can get away with many things. How often have you seen shoppers cruising around the fruit & veg department having a little nibble as they go.
Funny and very sad to see these kind of things, usually its not the very poor but just a bad habit and bad manners, the fruit&veg nibble is not so common in Thailand though,
Generally, the dried "premium" fruits in the supermarkets are well protected by the staff and as you approach close to the area, the staff will come to ask what would you like to BUY? :)  smilenod
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:25:12 PM by Admin »

Offline smoooth2

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:54:02 PM »
The reason I put a (?) after "juicy KFC morsels" is that it really is an oxymoron.  Just to be sure what "oxymoron" really means, I've Googled it. (I don't wish to appear as a dumb bastard so early in my posting career, so thought I had better check !!)   Anyway ... came across some really funny websites.

There is an entire website about Nigerian Road Rules, and whether you actually need to stop at a red traffic light. For sure they have never been to Buriram. The answer is blindingly obvious.

Ummmm ... clearly I need to buy a set of golf sticks.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:24:24 PM »

You must be desperate to eat that rubbish!

Offline smoooth2

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 05:37:48 PM »
KFC have been in business since 1952 and have more than 15000 stores in 105 countries, so I'll take a stab at this one and say that I'm probably not the only one that likes a bit of KFC

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 05:49:39 PM »
I'll take a stab & reckon you must be American

Offline Craigo

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »
Who cares if he is American or not?

I'll take a stab and guess your from England, yeh?

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 06:20:11 PM »
The reason I put a (?) after "juicy KFC morsels" is that it really is an oxymoron.  Just to be sure what "oxymoron" really means, I've Googled it. (I don't wish to appear as a dumb bastard so early in my posting career, so thought I had better check !!)   Anyway ... came across some really funny websites.

There is an entire website about Nigerian Road Rules, and whether you actually need to stop at a red traffic light. For sure they have never been to Buriram. The answer is blindingly obvious.

Ummmm ... clearly I need to buy a set of golf sticks.

Welcome smoooth2,

Suggest you also Google "golf sticks" before you go any further.

One of Thailands best ideas - the right to turn left at a red traffic light. Dangerou option in the hands of imbecilles! !

Offline smoooth2

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »
Thanks Craigo ... I'm not sure what difference a nationality makes when eating KFC ?  Although I must say it is rather interesting to see the different menu items available compared to your home country.

Apparently good sauce too !!  ............ which is where this topic originated.

And thanks for your welcome Co-Co.  "Golf sticks" is no good ?  Ummm ... 'spose clubs would be the right name ?
I dunno ... I have called them by all manner of names during a round of golf. They bend easy when you wallop a tree with them !!  I enjoy golf imensly,immensley,immensly ... a lot ... and get good value from green fees due to the number of hits I need.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 06:46:55 PM »

WRONG............Try Again

Offline Alan

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 08:20:44 PM »

Don't think he gives a flying f#@k where your from Nookie. People are allowed to disagree with your pallet.

Offline Craigo

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 11:52:37 PM »
Thanks Craigo ... I'm not sure what difference a nationality makes when eating KFC ?  Although I must say it is rather interesting to see the different menu items available compared to your home country.

Apparently good sauce too !!  ............ which is where this topic originated.

And thanks for your welcome Co-Co.  "Golf sticks" is no good ?  Ummm ... 'spose clubs would be the right name ?
I dunno ... I have called them by all manner of names during a round of golf. They bend easy when you wallop a tree with them !!  I enjoy golf imensly,immensley,immensly ... a lot ... and get good value from green fees due to the number of hits I need.

Yup, totally different all around the world, same as mcdonalds link.  Guess they have to change to suit, otherwise I doubt either of them would make much buisness in Thailand if they didn't.

You really are a complete idiot aren't you nookiebear.  You actually think i care where you come from?  Well you missed the point completely.  I consistantly see you trying to belittle other people on this forum.  Maybe it makes you feel powerful? important? ... how about you tell us why?

Offline Ahab

• Active member on the right way
  • Mostly right, just ask me
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 07:42:33 AM »

Yup, totally different all around the world, same as mcdonalds link.  Guess they have to change to suit, otherwise I doubt either of them would make much buisness in Thailand if they didn't.

You really are a complete idiot aren't you nookiebear.  You actually think i care where you come from?  Well you missed the point completely.  I consistantly see you trying to belittle other people on this forum.  Maybe it makes you feel powerful? important? ... how about you tell us why?

Craigo,

You really need to have a thicker skin.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »
Good to see the results of a little 'pot-stirring'.
BUT in all seriousness ,25 years ago A FAT/OVERWEIGHT THAI LADY OR CHILD WAS A VERY RARE SIGHT INDEED....That was before McDonalds,KFC,Burger King,Pizza Hut etc invaded this country

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 09:44:49 AM »
Ahab,it looks like Craigo will be the next customer for some Grass Paint

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM