{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New Coffee Shop In Buriram / "Rockys Cafe Connection"  (Read 18515 times)

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
New Coffee Shop In Buriram / "Rockys Cafe Connection"
« on: April 21, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »
As posted on another board .....

Just found out today that "Rockys Cafe Connection" will be opening this coming saturday the 25 th.

Its an air / con coffee shop with a small Thai menu complemented by a small Farang menu.

Quality coffee / drinks / ice cream also available.

Also a comprehensively stocked book exchange.

NO BEER  :)

Located directly across the road from the University (western end) on Thanon Chira Rd. Just before you turn left to the bus station.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 10:55:02 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: New Coffee Shop In Buriram
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
Thanks for the info.
I'll add his place to the "going out" page http://www.buriramexpats.com/goingout/
asap as I'll get pictures of the place..

I'll be happy to get more info about the drinks and food he will be selling in the place.
Book exchange is a good thing.  party14

I wish all the best for the new place "Rockys Cafe Connection".  party10

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:44:34 PM »

Hi

Could this be Rocky, the Big Guy who rides around town with a vast amount of hot throbbing metal between his legs? confused4

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 07:36:39 AM »

Hi

Could this be Rocky, the Big Guy who rides around town with a vast amount of hot throbbing metal between his legs? confused4

TBWG sawadi

You make him sound like Forrest Gump  jumping6 jumping6 jumping6

or it might be Aussie Rocky who goes to TimeOut, who knows ?? surrender1

All good news, whatever

Dave

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 09:25:10 PM »
Hi

Happened to be in Buriram today, so I thought I would keep an eye open for the new Coffee Connection shop.  Well, yes it is run by Rocky the Ozzie guy with the big Chopper or rather his wife.

It is in a prominent position as described in previous posts and easily found, it is well kitted out and nicely decorated and has aircon. He is not aiming for the usual farang beer drinking brigade but (and this is my only criticism) young university students love1 who wish to try some farang food and coffee selection. My concern is that the sight of all those students in their tight black skirts and white blouses  happy3 is likely to blow my blood pressure off the scale, consequently restricting my visits. confused4 Such is life.

Whilst being shown around (pre opening) I was able to try a Caffe Latte from Rockies Sooper Dooper European coffee machine which has all the bells & whistles and makes a superb  cup of coffee.

He has a small Farang and Thai menu as well as a full English breakfast all modestly priced. Also he does smoothies and a selection of pancakes.

In addition to all of the above he also has a good selection of books for rental.

Having given such a glowing report I do hope some of these lovely young female students are going to reward me in a suitable manner!!!

Anyway give it a whirl you will not be disappointed, well you might be if your diet consists solely of beer! madbar

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 04:47:25 PM »

Hi

Get together on Monday 14.00 hours at Coffee connection,  party3 all welcome.. it is timed for 2.00pm so that we can leer at all those girlie students in their tight skirts & blouses! confused4

Smelling salts optional!  character5

TBWG sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 05:16:52 PM »

Hi

Get together on Monday 14.00 hours at Coffee connection,  party3 all welcome.. it is timed for 2.00pm so that we can leer at all those girlie students in their tight skirts & blouses! confused4

Smelling salts optional!   character5

TBWG sawadi

:D :D

dave the dude

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 05:50:28 PM »

Hi

TBWG sawadi

Hi Bums

The helicopters having an MOT so I need to find this place by road tomorrow.
As asked before, has anyone an address or any directions/landmarks (i will be coming from Surin BTW)

Dave

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »

Hi Bums

Well I popped into the Coffee connection yesterday as did about a dozen other farangs. Might have been more but I only stopped for a couple of hours. Anyway I did not miss the beer, had an iced peach tea, really nice and refreshing.  All in all a very pleasant place to meet up and very competitive prices on all the food & drink.

A must to visit everytime I call in to  buriramsmiley

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 10:05:21 AM »
Hi
Finally got round to visiting Uncle Rocky's Coffee Connection today with TMWG,Spoons and the wives.

Nice place, very clean and spacious and the menu was varied Thai/English plus VERY competatively priced. Had a nice cappachino and Banana Pancake with icecream and syrup, Mmmmmmmm.
There is a large selection of second hand books for sale and the big man made us all very welcome.  hungry1

I look forward to going back there when the Uni re-opens opposite.

GOOD LUCK Rocky&staff  happy3 happy2

Dave

Offline Somnat

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »

I look forward to going back there when the Uni re-opens opposite.

Dave

Me to Dave 8) and we can send TBWG some pics to keep him warm whilst he is back in Blighty >:D

dave the dude

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 09:29:39 PM »
Me to Dave 8) and we can send TBWG some pics to keep him warm whilst he is back in Blighty >:D

:D :D
I'm not sure if he's interested anymore now he's given up Archa for Peach Tea.
Sounds a bit gay to me  :D :o love2 love1 helpsos fighting1

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 08:58:16 PM »
Hi

Thought you 2 already knew that all the Uni girls go for guys who drink peach tea (iced of course). That bit about me having to go back to Blighty is really below the belt :( (if you'll excuse the phrase!) ::)

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 08:14:17 AM »
That bit about me having to go back to Blighty is really below the belt :( (if you'll excuse the phrase!) ::)

TBWG sawadi

:D :D :D
And I hear they are re-routing all the LGW planes so they aproach the airport via East Grinstead  jumping8
Dave

Offline Somnat

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 08:15:47 PM »
That bit about me having to go back to Blighty is really below the belt :( (if you'll excuse the phrase!) ::)

TBWG sawadi

Really Dave :unsure:

I am sure you where telling me that you enjoy your 5 months in England due to the fantastic weather ;D

Funny you (and DTD) mentioned the PEACH Tea at Rockys Cafe Connenection.....I was in there yesterday having a meal and a Peach Tea on the rocks....and was approached by 4 Thai Uni students asking "what are you drinking?"....I told them Peach Tea....."really? we love Peach Tea....can we join you?"......"of course you can" I told them..."and what do you boys study at Uni" :o

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick