{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: I successfully failed to run over a scooter today  (Read 70868 times)

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: I successfully failed to run over a scooter today
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 08:13:35 AM »
They, them they're. THEIR COUNTRY !!!!!!!!!  bike038  bike037

Offline Beer Leo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 08:27:22 AM »
Me , me , me. My wife's country.  party11 party9 party8 tonguebar2 burp, nice with an early start.

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 08:27:52 AM »
Simple solution in future DON'T STOP.

Offline candy

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 09:30:02 AM »
While can agree with Paul somewhat on not stopping, it is not in my nature.  I am responsible for my actions, hopefully I will not learn to regret this. 

And while Candy's video is correct, TIT.   

So we have no accident report, the police were not involved, and witness names were not collected.  This means that with time the fault gets vauge (I think in my favor as it was a very minor accident).   

The girl called this morning.  She is even more upset at us calling the insurance company.  But I instructed my TW last night:

1.  The 'Victim" gets irate, Hang up, my TW does not have to talk to her.
2.  As the "Victim" is irate, let them deal with the insurance company, that is why we have insurance. 

On the vehicle damages they are basically scrapes, our car has come blue paint scapes.  Her scooter which has over 35,000 kilometers on it and had a broke a mirror (we already fixed) and has scrapes.  What is funny is that the Scooter scrapes done by the accident almost match what was already there as it mirrors scrapes on the other side of her scooter.  But as Candy's vid says to take pictures, none were taken at the scene.  Both vehicles drove off and I did not plan to get my car fixed as the damage is so minor. 

I looks to me like the "victim" is in a bad spot.  She will have to show up at the police station with an unregistered scooter and deal formally with both the police and the insurance rep.  And it has been my experience that when you get the Thai Police involved they will want their cut. 

My position to the victim is now to deal with the insurance company.  I think she is starting to panic. 

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 10:42:48 AM »
While can agree with Paul somewhat on not stopping, it is not in my nature.  I am responsible for my actions, hopefully I will not learn to regret this. 

And while Candy's video is correct, TIT.   

So we have no accident report, the police were not involved, and witness names were not collected.  This means that with time the fault gets vauge (I think in my favor as it was a very minor accident).   

The girl called this morning.  She is even more upset at us calling the insurance company.  But I instructed my TW last night:

1.  The 'Victim" gets irate, Hang up, my TW does not have to talk to her.
2.  As the "Victim" is irate, let them deal with the insurance company, that is why we have insurance. 

On the vehicle damages they are basically scrapes, our car has come blue paint scapes.  Her scooter which has over 35,000 kilometers on it and had a broke a mirror (we already fixed) and has scrapes.  What is funny is that the Scooter scrapes done by the accident almost match what was already there as it mirrors scrapes on the other side of her scooter.  But as Candy's vid says to take pictures, none were taken at the scene.  Both vehicles drove off and I did not plan to get my car fixed as the damage is so minor. 

I looks to me like the "victim" is in a bad spot.  She will have to show up at the police station with an unregistered scooter and deal formally with both the police and the insurance rep.  And it has been my experience that when you get the Thai Police involved they will want their cut. 

My position to the victim is now to deal with the insurance company.  I think she is starting to panic. 

I agree. If the victim is trying to get money out of you then refer her to the Insurance company.

If she is trying it on they will soon know.

I mean this, by the way, without reflecting on where we live or what nationalities are involved.

Offline candy

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 11:49:17 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KZ4Kfktty4c
Or you could just do this.

I'm sure that if this dreadful thing happened to yourself or one of your loved ones you would think differently.

As Urleft states ,we must be ''responsible for our actions''.

sawadi
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:50:57 AM by candy »

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 12:00:27 PM »

I'm sure that if this dreadful thing happened to yourself or one of your loved ones you would think differently.

sawadi
Candy you really are a funny guy. hahaha hahaha hahaha
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:11:55 PM by Antonio »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 07:17:23 PM »
Keith,I didn't advocate not stopping BUT in an incident like this you should look after No 1 Yourself.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 11:57:08 PM »
At first read I believed Keith went above and beyond by taking the girl to the hospital and fixing her bike, even though it seemed to me that the collision was the fault of the motorbike rider. 

After discussing with TW, I come to learn that rules of the road are secondary to the fact that the truck is bigger and the bike smaller, so no matter who really is at fault, the truck driver will be at fault because the truck is bigger than the bike.  OMG< REALLY?  TIT

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 02:11:31 AM »
There is more to the story.  I will post the damage to my car soon, most will say "what damage"? 

While I do not agree with how Thailand handles things, I can live with it.  In this case, I have 1st Class insurance, so they are dealing with the problem. 

However, in dealing with the Thai Police, you are going to get screwed, expect it. 

So the insurance guy worked with the Police.  They got with the "victim" I think.  The reason I said I think is that we met at the police station and they kept my car.  So while we await some decision, I don't have my car.  The police further kept my car driver's license and passport photo.  Stupid me does not carry my passport, only a copy of the main page and visa.  So I still have my passport. 

We do not know the outcome of whom is at fault.  I fully expect it to me for being in Thailand.  However, that is the insurance company problem, and they have said so. 

So I see 2 outcomes:

1.  The police say she was stupid to try to pass me on the right while I was making a right turn.  Her problem. 

2.  My Fauth because I am in Thailand.  No problem, the bitch now has to negotiate with my insurance company, I am out of it. 

Since the victim did not get police involved right away (and I am getting they wanted to avoid that), the day after, there are no witnesses other than the drivers.  And all the evidence points towards her trying to pass me on the right as I tried to make a right turn. 

In the meantime, I have my truck and scooters to get around. 

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 02:32:55 AM »
Good idea, copy of the Passport.  I will do as well.  Not sure why they would want to keep your car?  There really is no question as to who you are or the circumstances of the collision. 

I do hope they resolve this quickly.  It must be quite nerve wracking. 

UPDATE....TW just told me OH, yes, that is what they do..."Thai concept." 20 years ago her dad was in jail for one night after a girl on a motorcycle hit his truck from behind.  Girl was injured.  Dad paid over 100,000 bht for "damages, because the truck is bigger." They kept his truck for a few days too.

Offline Beer Leo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 07:50:05 AM »

sawadi
Candy you really are a funny guy. hahaha hahaha hahaha

I agree with Candy.....
You are what you do.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 09:50:45 AM »
Extensive damage to car that police needed to keep and evaluate:

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts