{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retiring in a Thai village, what should I bring that is difficult to buy there  (Read 40371 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
All this good advice, but what works for you?

What I mean is what do you use daily, is it available in the LOS for a reasonable price?

For example, I have 3 basic hot sauces I use:  Tabasco (availble in Buriram), and Panola extra hot (not available), and the Beast (not available and to get in the US).  Plus I have been using Red Close Up tooth paste (have not seen).  So I brought a case of Panola and 8 tubes of toothpaste with me.  Plus I brought a lot of Kraft BBQ sauce, while availabe it is 3-4 times the price in the states.     

So my recommendation is to determine what you really need, decide if it that specific product is available in Buriram, if not (or if too over priced) bring lots with you. 

Offline Ahab

• Active member on the right way
  • Mostly right, just ask me
All this good advice, but what works for you?

What I mean is what do you use daily, is it available in the LOS for a reasonable price?

For example, I have 3 basic hot sauces I use:  Tabasco (availble in Buriram), and Panola extra hot (not available), and the Beast (not available and to get in the US).  Plus I have been using Red Close Up tooth paste (have not seen).  So I brought a case of Panola and 8 tubes of toothpaste with me.  Plus I brought a lot of Kraft BBQ sauce, while availabe it is 3-4 times the price in the states.     

So my recommendation is to determine what you really need, decide if it that specific product is available in Buriram, if not (or if too over priced) bring lots with you.

Thanks for the post. I will most likely just make my own BBQ sauce from scratch (plenty of recipes on a google search).  Although I do like a good hot sauce (especially Tabasco for cooking), I can probably get by with prik nam pla, or some other local style hot sauce. I am sure I will miss something once I am there that I wish I had brought with.

Offline Alan

What you can't get you may miss or you may learn to do without. If your intending to come to Thailand and live the life you do back home then it could become frustrating. Maybe your looking at this from the wrong end Ahab. Bring money and health and the rest will fall into place I am sure. All the best.

Offline Ahab

• Mostly right, just ask me
What you can't get you may miss or you may learn to do without. If your intending to come to Thailand and live the life you do back home then it could become frustrating. Maybe your looking at this from the wrong end Ahab. Bring money and health and the rest will fall into place I am sure. All the best.
Words of wisdom, Alan.

One of the reasons that I am moving to Thailand is that it is different from Hawaii. I will probably pack some of my extensive tool collection, and some of my fishing equipment. The wife will probably want a couple of items also, but we will not be bringing a lot with us.

Thanks for the post.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM