{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Large shoes in Thailand  (Read 34744 times)

Offline Ahab

• Active member on the right way
  • Mostly right, just ask me
Re: Large shoes in Thailand
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 12:21:54 AM »
There is absolutely nothing racist at all in what he says.

If he spoke about Arabs, Indians, Asians, Negroes etc., that would be racist and I would not support his views.

He is in fact talking about Islam, which is a religion.

Look it up, there is a big difference.

What exactly did he say that you disagree with Tony?

Thanks for the additional clip by the way, I agree with that too.

Despite what the scrolling words put over your clip say, he never once suggested deporting anyone, nor did he suggest that those with opposing views are loons who hate America.

You really should read post #523 in "Ring any Bells?"

I have to agree with Dimple Joe, nothing racist about the clip. Does Tony think that stoning someone is OK? Or is killing someone because he is not of a certain religion OK? The vast majority of Mulsims want nothing more than to work hard and raise their family the best that they can.

When I move to Thailand I do not expect Thailand to change to what I want it to be. I think that would be very foolish. Save the racist labels for people that are actually racists. You can disagree with someones views and opinions without name calling, or calling someone a racist when (from your video clips)  they are not.

Didn't this thread start by me asking about the availability of large shoes in Buriram?

Offline Italiantony

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 06:49:19 AM »
N

If he spoke about Arabs, Indians, Asians, Negroes etc., that would be racist and I would not support his views.

Despite what the scrolling words put over your clip say, he never once suggested deporting anyone, nor did he suggest that those with opposing views are loons who hate America.

I have to agree with Dimple Joe, nothing racist about the clip. Does Tony think that stoning someone is OK? Or is killing someone because he is not of a certain religion OK? The vast majority of Mulsims want nothing more than to work hard and raise their family the best that they can.

When I move to Thailand I do not expect Thailand to change to what I want it to be. I think that would be very foolish. Save the racist labels for people that are actually racists. You can disagree with someones views and opinions without name calling, or calling someone a racist when (from your video clips)  they are not.

Didn't this thread start by me asking about the availability of large shoes in Buriram?
No i don't agree with stoning people to death,nor do i believe in the Electric Chair,or Lethal Injection,,or Hanging,or torture of an inmate while incarceration.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:00:51 AM by Italiantony »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 10:49:14 AM »

i am sure that Pat Condell would have trouble finding big shoes in Buriram..........

I like Pat Condell because he is not racist. He is a 'non-religionist' pointing out, most eloquently, the stupidity of many aspects of religion and highlighting how original teachings have been warped and twisted by individuals who are only concerned with self-interest.

He does not just focus on Islam - it just happens that Islam  provides more fuel for his observations. Roman Catholics, Jews, Christians have all come in for criticism.

Offline JimNasium

• Contributor with future
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »

jumping8 You're right of course. Just one tiny little nudge from post #4 and two guys managed to totally highjack this topic to extinction. Well moderated  bravo1

Offline Michael888

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 10:07:06 PM »
Why not become a practising monk for a few months, and then you wont need shoes.
And walking will be your daily meditation :)

Offline Ahab

• Active member on the right way
  • Mostly right, just ask me
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »
Why not become a practising monk for a few months, and then you wont need shoes.
And walking will be your daily meditation :)

Great idea, plus you forgot to mention the free room and board.  This would be a great suggestion for the "how cheap can I live in Thailand" threads.

Offline Michael888

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
Spot on, Ahab!!!

Then you too could drive around in the latest Toyota Vigo or Fortuner  bike038

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »
I opened this ancient topic with the ambitious hope of finding some large shoes in Buriram, as per Ahab's original post.

I've just read the greatest load of "off topic" drivel. 36 posts. 3 pages of rubbish. Not a single post came close to answering Ahab's simple original enquiry. How the heck can a harmless enquiry about shoes transform so quickly into such a spiteful mudslinging debate between nationalities ?

Maybe "shoes" is one of those sleeper words that really stirs peoples' emotions ??

Where the hell was Moderator ? Apparently asleep at the wheel somewhere.

So, at the risk of inciting WW3 in Buriram again .... may I humbly ask

Where does one buy shoes larger than Thai 45 ?

Offline Mikeh

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 06:27:26 AM »
Good reply smoothie I agre  with too much time wasting oover a simple request for help

Offline Mikeh

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2013, 06:30:00 AM »
Just read my response again  and the bad english may stir up some space wasting comments   I thought the forum was developed to help each other not start personal vendettas and pass silly comments

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2013, 06:59:45 AM »
Just read my response again  and the bad english may stir up some space wasting comments   I thought the forum was developed to help each other not start personal vendettas and pass silly comments
Would that be the same as your silly comment on the other thread.

Who wants to stay in the Uk anyway.

Offline Mikeh

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2013, 07:17:57 AM »
Prove the point space wasting response

Offline JimNasium

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2013, 11:33:59 AM »
MODERATOR!!! HELLO??? ARE YOU THERE???

For larger sized shoes, I found a nice pair of good fitting shoes at a small dealer down by the bus station. It was one of those places that sell camouflage pants and jackets and all manner of leather stuff and boots. They had a size 52 shoe for a friend and the guy even offered to order from BKK if needed. Mine was a size 48 handmade suede leather shoe with rubber soles and laces. Very comfortable at 750 Baht. You need to walk around a bit to find the place but it is easy to spot.

Offline smoooth2

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2013, 11:53:59 AM »
MODERATOR!!! HELLO??? ARE YOU THERE???

For larger sized shoes, I found a nice pair of good fitting shoes at a small dealer down by the bus station. It was one of those places that sell camouflage pants and jackets and all manner of leather stuff and boots. They had a size 52 shoe for a friend and the guy even offered to order from BKK if needed. Mine was a size 48 handmade suede leather shoe with rubber soles and laces. Very comfortable at 750 Baht. You need to walk around a bit to find the place but it is easy to spot.

RESULT !!  wave1   Thanks JN

Offline candy

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2013, 01:38:44 PM »
This is a good shoe shop.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM