{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: good Thai girl  (Read 94648 times)

Dave the Dude

Re: good Thai girl
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 06:08:59 AM »
I agree with everything said but many aspects are different here and its not too suprising really as we are all only visitors and no more!
Scottie is right many Thai's just think of big wages but not big,big expenses in the west.

That said, I am very happy to be in Thailand with Thai people and hope this discussion remains as polite as it is, to this point.

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 01:14:45 AM »
 blinkbar

Now here is the really worrying bit (well for me) ???

I had a discussion, close to the beginning of my relationship with my g/f, about a year ago! and the above things were discussed and not mentioned in detail again, just the odd reference to them.

ashamed1 well today! what does she bring up in the discussion! strueth   exactly, (yes exactly) what was/ has been said above, about Farang worrying about losing house etc etc etc. She said her mama talked today about it? helpsos confused4

So now I am thinking that maybe mama has a connection on here! 2guys

That said, I am very happy to be in Thailand with Thai people and hope this discussion remains as polite as it is, to this point.

congrats  Totally agree with DtD and that is one of the things I am working towards, finding a way to go to thailand and live there, either with enough money from back home or enough to start with and get work or something when there. ???
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:21:28 AM by maraudingscot »

Dave the Dude

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 06:38:06 AM »
congrats  Totally agree with DtD and that is one of the things I am working towards, finding a way to go to thailand and live there, either with enough money from back home or enough to start with and get work or something when there. ???

Maybe you should start another fred about how you can get out here, MS?

Tell the mama that you can place a Usufruct(like lease) on the house (but not land) and that will make it yours 100% and virtually impossible for them to sell. Also if married, prepare a will for wife leaving her estate to YOU, that way it circumvents crappy Thai inheritance laws that give husband sweet F.A. and family everything.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 09:41:29 AM »

Maybe you should start another thread about how you can get out here, MS?

Tell the mama that you can place a Usufruct(like lease) on the house (but not land) and that will make it yours 100% and virtually impossible for them to sell. Also if married, prepare a will for wife leaving her estate to YOU, that way it circumvents crappy Thai inheritance laws that give husband sweet F.A. and family everything.

Good advice, the usufruct contract is a good way to accomplish legal ownership on the house (but not the land), preparing a will for the wife leaving the house to you is also very important to avoid arguments with her family side if anything happen.

but lets be reasonable, Would you live in your girlfriend's village if you will separate? I don't think so.
My advice is if you decide to build in the VILLAGE, build a modest but functional house, don't go over the top with specs of the house.
This way you get a decent house for reasonable price and not worrying too much to lose it if anything happen (or at least less worry).

That said, I truly think you should think again if you are ready to build a house in your wife's village yet, as you seem to have doubts about her intentions.

sawadi

Offline fox

• Contributor with future
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2010, 10:29:30 AM »
why would you want to live in the village at all??

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2010, 11:10:44 AM »

Please clarify your thoughts.

Offline garytaffy

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2010, 04:28:17 AM »
What's wrong with village life? I can only see advantages............peace and tranquility and a short commute the facilities in town. I guess its's a case of horses for courses punk redman

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2010, 08:27:59 AM »
Since moving to this village 5 years ago ,I asked myself why didn't I do it 10 years earler.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:27:49 PM by ADMIN »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2010, 08:30:51 AM »

I guess Fox has got a bad dose of 'Chrome Pole 'Syndrome

Offline fox

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2010, 07:29:55 PM »

I guess not everything is for anyone, different people different opinion.
I think village is great for a short visit but not as way of life, not for me.
I like shopping malls,entertainment and all basic and not so basic things to be available around me.
I am coming from the city in my own country so to live in the village is just way too much for me.

Dave the Dude

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2010, 09:02:54 AM »
I like shopping malls,entertainment and all basic and not so basic things to be available around me.
I am coming from the city in my own country so to live in the village is just way too much for me.

I can understand that, but if you are here fulltime, you make things as you like it, within your home. Sure you cannot stop some of the village 'attractions' like 6am announcements through the speakers/chickens making a racket but overall its safer & friendlier, I think. With less traffic than in the west, large malls, entertainment is only a few hours away.

BTW, I too, came from a fairly busy city called London  whistle
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:05:03 AM by Dave the Dude »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2010, 09:54:45 AM »

You will have a very different picture by the time you are 50 or have lived over here for 5 years!!

Offline freshy

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 03:14:36 PM »
More important than a place to live, is to have the person who I love be beside me with understanding. love6 giggle

Offline fox

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2010, 10:10:34 PM »
I guess you all right but need to live permanently here to see how things are here, I love Bangkok but than again, I wouldn't consider actually living there so Buriram is an option, its just not in the village, that's all I'm saying.

Offline maraudingscot

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 01:06:29 AM »
More important than a place to live, is to have the person who I love be beside me with understanding. love6 giggle

understanding works both ways! you cannot expect a farang to be like a thai!
We try and understand but it should be a two way thing!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick