{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: good Thai girl  (Read 93996 times)

Offline Paddyram

• Contributor on the right way
  • Censored!
Re: good Thai girl
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »
The post did say .. " Americans are good because they are rich AND are STUPID with money ".  whistle

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2013, 01:33:08 AM »
Guess I am one of the lucky ones, as well.

Met my 'good Thai woman' in January of 2006. Her English left a lot to be desired.  Spent most of January and all of February that year, with her and family in rural Issan.  Family never ask for money.  Our agreement was for her to learn passable English in the following 6 months; I sent her 1000 baht per week.  She had to borrow a motorcycle to Nang Rong twice a week for classes and study like crazy; and that included the rainy season and mud up to her ears. 
After 6 months, her English was more than passable and she had proven her honesty beyond a shadow of a doubt and that she has a heart of gold.  She went to the USA; we got married; she got a drivers license; her English is now excellent and she is now a supervisor at our U.S. 'resort'. 

She is a penny pincher; I do help the family occasionally (typically from my wife's income); but, the work, help and honesty I get from each and every one of our Thai family is much more than I ever expected or could have hoped for; and sometimes am almost embarrassed at everything her family does for me and/or us - not for money, but because we are 'family'.  Her father does like a daily 'allowance' when we are in country - that being 10 baht per day. She won't give him more as she's worried he will spend it on alcohol.  Her 14 year old daughter gets 50 baht per day 'allowance' (school days only) and maintains a 4.0 gpa in Lahansai. 
I always wish and hope other "Gringo's" will have my experience here in LOS with the good, honest but simple people of Issan.

I believe that you did well because your wife is older.  I venture to guess that most of the "sad" stories involve ladies in their 20's.  Mine just decided one day she wanted to experience a "better" life in America.  I wonder why that decision coincided with her getting citizenship?  Hmmm.  Of course I bought the farm, built the house, bought the truck and sent a cargo container of household items to my retirement home before she decided to walk.  I hope you are still doing well.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2013, 10:10:49 AM »
is fwinder still out there,,,,,I was hoping to hear how things turned out.  My guess is not so well since no further postings.  So sorry to hear.

Offline John the Traveller

• Long distance perforator+maker of small things
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2013, 06:05:55 PM »
It is some time since I have posted on this topic.
The main advice of all "old hands" rings true. Don't invest more than you can afford to loose. The next big one I think is move slowly! I will say it again "slowly". Paddyram, Prakonchainick, Almog and my old mate TBWG would agree I have no doubt. Why would you conduct yourself differently in Thailand as opposed to your home country? I guess the train wrecks will continue. However I still say a big thank you to the BE board members who give up their time to educate the new guys. Take a well earned bow gentleman!
Regards,
JT  sawadi

Offline Somnat

« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2013, 06:50:05 PM »
is fwinder still out there,,,,,I was hoping to hear how things turned out.  My guess is not so well since no further postings.  So sorry to hear.

But funny enough ..... over 4 years after his first post ..... he just happens to be online right now ...makes you wonder :o

The good thing though, is that there was some invaluable information put forward in regards to this often debated topic love6

Offline Voodoo

« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2013, 11:57:16 PM »
I know now, i am not alone about sending some money to my thai girl. I also know her life is not easy and it hurts me alot.
She never been asking for some money from me, I always have to push on her for get an ok for send her money every month
I been sending her alot of money and i know she is careful with the money and work alot for help her family.
I trust my girl and it makes me feel good.
I am sure my girl is a "good thai girl" love dont comes from money

You've definitely got it right Hans.. Something tells me you found the right girl.. The funny part is you just described one of my nieces to a tee.. Is your girl's name, perhaps, Nancy or Nan?  Is she from a little village just north of Non Suwon?  Either way you've gotten the whole thing right.. Please contact us either way.... Eddie and Pon

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2013, 06:30:23 AM »
I know now, i am not alone about sending some money to my thai girl. I also know her life is not easy and it hurts me alot.
She never been asking for some money from me, I always have to push on her for get an ok for send her money every month
I been sending her alot of money and i know she is careful with the money and work alot for help her family.
I trust my girl and it makes me feel good.
I am sure my girl is a "good thai girl" love dont comes from money

You've definitely got it right Hans.. Something tells me you found the right girl.. The funny part is you just described one of my nieces to a tee.. Is your girl's name, perhaps, Nancy or Nan?  Is she from a little village just north of Non Suwon?  Either way you've gotten the whole thing right.. Please contact us either way.... Eddie and Pon

Hans the one post wonder!

Offline Voodoo

« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2013, 02:47:26 AM »
Mmmmmm.. Very interesting post even if it was only one time.. Probably will never get an answer but I'll confirm it with an email to my niece.. Have a good day Nookie Bear..

Offline SWINDLED

« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2013, 06:20:56 PM »
'fwinder' gets called a "Troll" & you wonder why he doesnt post more.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick