{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Fresh beef ( no, not a new moan )  (Read 23974 times)

Offline banga

• http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Fresh beef ( no, not a new moan )
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 07:43:42 AM »
Does anyone know of a butchers shop or supermarket in Buriram that sells fresh beef and minced beef. I'd prefer imported beef rather than the grass fed Thai beef but beggars cannot be choosers. I've tried BigC and macro but they never seem to have anything other than pork or chicken.

Try here - only 100 Baht per 10kg to send on the bus.

http://www.wwmco.asia/

Local Thai Tenderloin is perfectly acceptable if you cut out the crap bits. We  used to get about 3.5kg of decent meat out of 4.5kg purchased. Many ways to tenderise as well.

Speak to Steve about what he uses for his minced beef and onion pies - they are delicious.

Funnily enough, I know the owner of WWMCo. They're based on Chayapruk Road just outside Pattaya, and if that is all they charge for sending 10kg by bus then it's probably worth it. Shame there's not a supplier in Buriram though. Thanks for the info one and all and for Scrubber -- top hole old chap (?)
Which Owner do you know Mick?.......There are several shareholders.
Just wonder how wwm go on without a butcher as Eric left 1 month ago
Eric was SACKED about 3 months ago!!.......Do you know why?
come on nookie tell us why

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »

I thought Eric was in effect the boss/owner. How could he be sacked.

Nookie - Whilst Prakhonchai, Nongki, Satuek and Lahansai lie within Buriram province, most people do not specifically associate them with Buriram. Hence my comment.

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 08:26:46 AM »
Does anyone know of a butchers shop or supermarket in Buriram that sells fresh beef and minced beef. I'd prefer imported beef rather than the grass fed Thai beef but beggars cannot be choosers. I've tried BigC and macro but they never seem to have anything other than pork or chicken.

Local Thai Tenderloin is perfectly acceptable if you cut out the crap bits. We  used to get about 3.5kg of decent meat out of 4.5kg purchased. Many ways to tenderise as well.

Speak to Steve about what he uses for his minced beef and onion pies - they are delicious.

Funnily enough, I know the owner of WWMCo. They're based on Chayapruk Road just outside Pattaya, and if that is all they charge for sending 10kg by bus then it's probably worth it. Shame there's not a supplier in Buriram though. Thanks for the info one and all and for Scrubber -- top hole old chap (?)

Alastaire Cruickshank -- he bought the business could be about a year ago now from some English guys who had had a fall out I believe -- but please do not quote me on that. Was Eric the guy who ran the ' shop front ' part of the business ? Shame he's gone it was a very good idea and I've never seen sucha range of products here.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
Eric was the butcher.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »

I can supply the mince fresh if need be.

No real reason get stuff from Pattaya when there is plenty of good stuff on your door step.

I will get a price and let you know.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 02:30:45 PM »

Alastaire Cruickshank -- he bought the business could be about a year ago now from some English guys who had had a fall out I believe -- but please do not quote me on that. Was Eric the guy who ran the ' shop front ' part of the business ? Shame he's gone it was a very good idea and I've never seen sucha range of products here.
Alistair is one of the shareholders..........The previous owner Wayne who was a 'master butcher' returned to England in very bad health & continues to be in very bad health

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 02:31:46 PM »
Eric was the butcher.
Butcher or Botcher??

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »

I thought Eric was in effect the boss/owner. How could he be sacked.

Nick,he may have given you that impression but he was in fact an employee on a salary plus a commission on the shop sales.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »

It not something to be put on a public forum,,,,,!

Offline banga

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 04:10:59 PM »

It not something to be put on a public forum,,,,,!
that's right there is always two sides to a story so you should not be broadcasting his sacking on the forum

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 05:53:33 PM »
Apologies to my mate. Nookie who, for some inexplicable reason, I forgot supplied WWMCO products. !

Whilst Buriram is not his biggest area of operation he can supply quality products from Alastair on a regular basis.

The burgers are particularly arroy. ;-)

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 06:02:01 PM »
Arroy CoCo? -   a-roi is the more usual spelling!.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 07:57:18 PM »
Arroy CoCo? -   a-roi is the more usual spelling!.

Presumably you are speaking for your web-footed, inter-bred village ?

Remember, they can't even say "football" - now just how fcuking difficult is THAT ??

There is infact a Thai restaurant called "Thai Arroy".

Thai Agri Foods PLC have a well known brand "Aroy D"  and is no where near the supposed 'usual' spelling of "a-roi"

From Thai language.com:-

อร่อย   aL raawyL   adjective   delicious; delectable; tasty

You should, of course, be using "Saaep"  oe even the Khmer  "Ja Ngan"

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »
 thai2english

delicious         
Translation

[ Adjective ]
อร่อย
a-ròi

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 08:35:28 PM »
Interesting reading especially that Alistaire is only a shareholder. He told me in person that he had been brought in to sort out the accounts ( which were in a mess ) and then presumably was offered a slice of the pie ( haha ) but in his words he made it sound like he was the outright owner. Whatever, I think they do an amazing range of products. Last time I was there, they had just opened up the front as a retail shop.
Found frozen minced beef in Macro today, 170 baht per kilo so will try it out.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick