{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: The boys in brown are active  (Read 31538 times)

Offline taurus

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: The boys in brown are active
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 08:14:47 PM »
The local talk is that BiB are getting commission of 5k for every drunk driver that goes to court!!

They are more likely to earn more than that from the one's that don't go to court  ::)
In Korat there is absolutely no chance of' 'a backhander',if your caught you're banged up overnight then its court the next day,,,Same for Thais & Farangs!!,,,,& they are shit hot on Friday,Saturday & Sunday nights anytime after 20-00hrs
Yeah I have heard the same myself , Do they get banned like they do in UKanistan or are they free to drive again as normal once they have been "weighed in" ?
Free to drive again but if you get caught a 2nd time its 30,000 & or 6 months inside....PLUS they have the right to cancel your visa
Yeah Nookie that's correct ,cos there's a Danish Guy who is a professional "soak" who lives not far from me, he's now on his final warning ,next time he's on a one way flight back to Copenhagen ,when they checked him out last time they actually found traces of blood in his alcohol stream ! :o :D 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 09:37:24 PM »
The BIB were out in force in Buriram today.  The Klong Thom Wednesday market was going on, they had checkpoints going East at each of the major intersections. 

Looked like they were just going after Scooters.   bike038

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 09:32:05 PM »
The word is that the BIB are active in our village (Ban Yang) as of 9 pm.  Not sure what they are doing.   knuppel2

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »
The BIB were active between the Circle (219) and Soonthonthep Road. 

I passed through in a PU with not being stopped, however it looked like the focus was scooters and current regristration. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
The BIB are set up at 219 just north of where 288 ends.  Looks like they are just checking for current car regristrations and are not stopping scooters. 

They also have a setup at the corner of Bulamduan and Jira road stopping hemeltless scooters on Jira. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 10:11:06 PM »
The BIB were out around 1830 today just past the RR tracks north of the Wat Issan temple.  They gave me a breath test and waved me on.  Luckily I only had 1 beer about 2 hours before. 

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2013, 02:29:26 AM »
Regarding the insurance:  When I bought a truck several years ago, (liquidated due to divorce) I had to have what they called CLASS A insurance.  Same for "motorcy"  but I think the class A for the bike was pretty cheap.  Wife (at the time) had to make claim on the Class A for the truck and everything was covered.  I just wonder if anyone had any experience as a "non Thai" trying to make claim on Class A insurance.  The story above about the guy on the bike with just the liability insurance makes me think....  on that line as well, I have great health insurance for life in the states, does anyone carry insurance that lives - at least most of the time - in Thailand?  Sorry for all the questions.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 08:44:29 AM »
The BIB were out around 1830 today just past the RR tracks north of the Wat Issan temple.  They gave me a breath test and waved me on.  Luckily I only had 1 beer about 2 hours before. 

Rather early to be out breath testing!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM