{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Thai Watsadu on it's last legs ?  (Read 5378 times)

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
Thai Watsadu on it's last legs ?
« on: May 28, 2012, 07:07:04 AM »
The opening of HomePro has inevitably had an impact on Thai Watsadu.

I have never been a huge fan of TW (I think it is a pale imitation of Do Home in Korat) but welcomed it's addition to the stock of shops in Buriram.

HomePro, whilst not 100% comparable, has shown up the weaknesses of TW:-

TW is one-dimensional compared to HP.
It has piss-poor catering facilities  -  MK was packed in HP yesterday and Kitchen King (?) doing a roaring trade. TW's coffee shop offering has furniture with rips in and the coffee is pants. You would only go anywhere near the 'restaurant' if you also needed to go that far for a pee - it also looks more like a staff canteen !

You can grow tomatoes in TW - it is too bloody hot. Inadequate fans that are rarely used. And why don't they turn that music down in the electrical section - it is enough to make your ears bleed.

Too many staff. This is now highlighted more than ever and they seem to congregate in groups of 5 and look bored shitless. TW can boast the biggest and ugliest khatoey in Isaan as well - he/she scares me and I now refuse to stop and look at the tile section.

Despite having over a 100 floor staff TW only has 2 cashiers and there was a queue of 5 people (probably half the number of customers actually in the store). I wanted to say something (constructive) but the missus spotted that look in my eyes and ushered me off to the car whilst she paid !

TW does score on pricing in some areas but with current pricing at HP we found e.g. tile prices almost 20% lower.

I think TW's days could be numbered but I do enjoy the ease of parking now  :biggrin:

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Thai Watsadu on it's last legs ?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »
Darn CC if my eyes were closed I would swear you were talking about the TW in Surin not Buriram.

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
Re: Thai Watsadu on it's last legs ?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
Couldn't agree more with you Ray, and if they turn turtle, then Ron at Ice furniture will be doing cartwheels all over town. Funnily enough though, when renovating our apartment in Jomtien ( WHICH IS STILL FOR SALE AT A LOWER PRICE ), HomePro were the dearest DIY retailer in Pattaya. I get all my stuff ( watsadu ) over at Korat at Do Home Watsadu, but as you say, the more competition the better for us punters.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick