{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Makro  (Read 75401 times)

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Makro
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 09:38:10 AM »
What about left handed tea cups?

That's easy, but you would need  left handed teaspoons to go with them!!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 09:38:30 AM »
LOL,

I agree about shopping, I am normally in and out in about 5 minutes to get just what I need. 

However, when you  have a business that requires restockage every week (or more), it is agrevating to find your main supply store out of an item.  Plus Makro often has specials such as 2 for 1 when they are pushing a new item and this adds to our profit margin.  When shopping is for business and profit guys take a different view.

However, I find myself wondering around the store wasting time as my TG is taking 15 minutes to determine which item to choose.   

Can't say I've every seen another nationality using Tabasco Sauce which is a main staple in the States and available at most US resturants, I would guess something like malt vinegar for you Brits (which I use).  But go ahead a buy, the US economy needs all the help it can get. 

Offline saf

• Contributor with future
    • Grumpy Expat Blog
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 09:44:07 AM »
What about left handed tea cups?

That's easy, but you would need  left handed teaspoons to go with them!!

They're hard to find. Most are bought by the road laying gangs for smoothing the surface after an expertly done repair.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »

Can't say I've every seen another nationality using Tabasco Sauce which is a main staple in the States and available at most US restaurants,

I have Tabasco in my cupboard and use it occasionally.  I am not from the USA, but could variously be described as a Brit, Irish, and in view of longevity in Thailand , a Thai!..................not to mention a few other names!

Offline saf

• Grumpy Expat Blog
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »
LOL,

I agree about shopping, I am normally in and out in about 5 minutes to get just what I need. 

However, when you  have a business that requires restockage every week (or more), it is agrevating to find your main supply store out of an item.  Plus Makro often has specials such as 2 for 1 when they are pushing a new item and this adds to our profit margin.  When shopping is for business and profit guys take a different view.

However, I find myself wondering around the store wasting time as my TG is taking 15 minutes to determine which item to choose.   

Can't say I've every seen another nationality using Tabasco Sauce which is a main staple in the States and available at most US resturants, I would guess something like malt vinegar for you Brits (which I use).  But go ahead a buy, the US economy needs all the help it can get.

Much the same for me. My personal shopping trips are over very quickly but accompanying Mrs. saf around Makro in Korat for her business supplies is a test of emotional endurance.

Korat's Makro is going the same way as our much more local Tesco. Supplies have been erratic ever since last years' floods and it's annoying to find that stocks of some of her menu items haven't been replenished. Fortunately, there are alternative suppliers for most thing she buys from Makro but, after a 35K trip, empty shelves are not amusing.

Tabasco, for me, is mainly something with which to spice up a cocktail or use in cooking. I wouldn't put it on food but I have seen Thais do it. Well, give them a tray of condiments and they'll use the lot!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »
Much the same for me. My personal shopping trips are over very quickly but accompanying Mrs. saf around Makro in Korat for her business supplies is a test of emotional endurance.

Don't take her to the Rangsit Makro as you might be there for days, the place is probably 4 times as large as Buriram's Makro.

Offline saf

• Grumpy Expat Blog
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »

Don't take her to the Rangsit Makro as you might be there for days, the place is probably 4 times as large as Buriram's Makro.

Thanks for the tip! If it ever happens I'll drop her at the door and take a few days by the sea until she's finished!

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 12:33:38 PM »
If you guys have a local open markets, look there before going to the stores. Also, if you want to buy beer by the case, look around your local wholesalers.

Do they stock Tiger light ?  :o

I couldn't even get small bottles of Chang from the  local Chang warehouses - I had to buy in Pattaya.

Offline saf

• Grumpy Expat Blog
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 05:26:10 PM »
If you guys have a local open markets, look there before going to the stores. Also, if you want to buy beer by the case, look around your local wholesalers.

I couldn't even get small bottles of Chang from the  local Chang warehouses - I had to buy in Pattaya.

I'll ask but there's no real demand for it over here so probably not. Even Chang Export hasn't caught on. They are both available at Tesco, though.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 09:08:52 AM »

I'll ask but there's no real demand for it over here so probably not. Even Chang Export hasn't caught on. They are both available at Tesco, though.
I've not seen Tiger light up here either.........BUT The Chang Export is a big seller around here selling even more than LEO!!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2012, 09:10:18 AM »
jUST A QUICKIE...............Makro sell ASAHI AT 755/BOX 12 lARGE..............i HAVE IT AVAILABLE FOR a lot ,lot less!!

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 10:24:25 AM »
Another beer quickie ..... I noticed Buriram Makro seem to stock quite "old" beer stock !!!!

Saw Chang Export bottled febuary mixed in on a pallet with early april boxes.

Leo bottled march and april. Apparently NO IDEA about stock rotation.

Not sure of others take on Thai beer, but I think it does not store / keep so well as (for example) Australian beer.

When I do have a tipple, its normally LEO. Anything more than a month old seems to me to have a less than the advertised "refreshing" taste.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:26:19 AM by Somnat »

Offline saf

• Grumpy Expat Blog
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »
The idea of stock rotation and observance of expiry date has yet to reach many parts of Thailand.

Leo seems to taste different from week to week and shop to shop. Is it the age of the stock or inconstant brewing? It hadn't occurred to me to use Aussie beer as a benchmark.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 08:13:01 AM »
Anyone who considers LEO to be a decent beer must be used to drinking 'catspiss'

Offline saf

• Grumpy Expat Blog
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 08:25:40 AM »
It's a choice between different types of cats-piss.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick