{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Makro  (Read 75412 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Makro
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 07:53:23 AM »
Makro in Surin has not stocked Tiger since the flood for that mater yesterday was the first time in 3 months that they had Leo large in stock. Big C has always carried Tiger and Tesco has just started to stock Tiger. For information i only have to go as far as Prasat to the local Tesco Express to by both Tiger and Leo. leo is 495 large percase same as Makro which is another 35 km away.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 02:05:27 PM »
Hey ~~ what do you guys do all day? wander around supermarkets checking price. whistle

Chill out, sit back enjoy the sun and the Mont Clair! 

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

So not like wondering aimlessly in Thai Watsadu ??     bike038

Touche

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 08:54:16 PM »
A lot of Makro's seem the same, the one in Saraburi has almost the same setup as Buriram.

Pattaya's Makro is worth visiting as they have extra Farang items (such as Magners).

today I went to the Marko  just nort of the Don Muang Airport, what a place, it was huge.  There is no comparison with the DMK Marko and others that I have visited, yes prices are about the same, but the selection is really awesome. 

If someone asks I will provide the GPS coordinates from my garmin as I set it as a saved location. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 09:07:47 AM »
A lot of Makro's seem the same, the one in Saraburi has almost the same setup as Buriram.

Pattaya's Makro is worth visiting as they have extra Farang items (such as Magners).

today I went to the Marko  just nort of the Don Muang Airport, what a place, it was huge.  There is no comparison with the DMK Marko and others that I have visited, yes prices are about the same, but the selection is really awesome. 

If someone asks I will provide the GPS coordinates from my garmin as I set it as a saved location. 

That is Rangsit......& yes it is a large one but very little farang goods are stocked there.Pattaya which is the new format of store does indeed have a decent range  of farang food & a very large frozen food section

Offline saf

• Contributor with future
    • Grumpy Expat Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 10:18:08 AM »
If you guys have a local open markets, look there before going to the stores. Also, if you want to buy beer by the case, look around your local wholesalers.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »

That is Rangsit......& yes it is a large one but very little farang goods are stocked there.Pattaya which is the new format of store does indeed have a decent range  of farang food & a very large frozen food section
Mostly agree. 

What it did have that I have not been seeing in Markos (including Pattaya) is 450mm bottles of coke Zero (126 a dz).  I prefer plastic bottles over cans when traveling in the car.

Also, for us Yanks they had medium sized bottles of Tabasco Sauce (3 for 147) if I remember correctly.  That is the best price I've seen in Thailand. 

Offline Alan

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 07:55:12 PM »
I thought only women loved shopping and the males suffered it through necessity. :blink: And justs so I know will proof of British citizenship bar me from buying Tabasco sauce in Mackro? Or other nationalities allowed to buy Tabasco sauce but at different price?biggreen
I am amased at how meticulous you guys are and how organised you seem to be let alone the distances your prepared to travel. party15
Me I just grab whats available wherever I am and if I can't find something first time round the iles with the trolly wildman then I go without. Luck would have it my misses has a similar approach to crocery shopping and prefers to drop me off at a bar whilst she partakes in other shopping activities. thumbup
Mind you that said I do like a wonder around the markets two or three times a year. Each to their own......  bravo1
Note to self: Must remember to pick up new knitting pattern next shopping day!

Offline Alan

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 08:03:45 PM »
I thought only women loved shopping and the males suffered it through necessity. :blink: And justs so I know will proof of British citizenship bar me from buying Tabasco sauce in Mackro? Or other nationalities are allowed to buy Tabasco sauce but at different price?biggreen
I am amased at how meticulous you guys are and how organised you seem to be let alone the distances your prepared to travel. party15
Me I just grab whats available wherever I am and if I can't find something first time round the iles with the trolly wildman then I go without. Luck would have it my misses has a similar approach to crocery shopping and prefers to drop me off at a bar whilst she partakes in other shopping activities. thumbup
Mind you that said I do like a wonder around the markets two or three times a year. Each to their own......  bravo1
Note to self: Must remember to pick up new knitting pattern next shopping day!

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 08:11:11 PM »
People will search high and low for a particular item they want or need.

For instance, I spent three hours today going from shop to shop looking for some of those camouflage pants.

Couldn't see a pair anywhere..........

:D

Offline Alan

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 08:47:17 PM »
Very funny DJ but have to point out with you being a fellow brit must mean "pants" as in underpants and I can't imagine for one moment why that particular garmet would need to be camouflaged. cheergirl

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 05:25:05 AM »
Looks like a couple of you might be looking to buy some 'Grass Paint',for info Peter in Nang Rong sells it in three shades.....Green Grass.....Grass Green ....& Greener than Grass.

Offline Alan

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 06:24:15 AM »
Has he got some of those on the other side brushes?

Offline saf

• Contributor with future
    • Grumpy Expat Blog
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 07:09:40 AM »
What about left handed tea cups?

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 07:37:56 AM »
I'm looking for a cordless extention lead???

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 07:38:56 AM »
Very funny DJ but have to point out with you being a fellow brit must mean "pants" as in underpants and I can't imagine for one moment why that particular garmet would need to be camouflaged. cheergirl
Dear boy, It's normal in military circles to camouflage an enormous weapon until it's in action..... biggrin1

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick