{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Watch the prices go up now the 300baht daily wage has been implemented  (Read 17300 times)

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
Re: Watch the prices go up now the 300baht daily wage has been implemented
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 07:28:56 AM »
Prices are already going up following the implementation of the 300baht daily wage
Hong Tong has already jumped by 10 baht for half bottle
Local Ice up by 5 baht a bag..............Wait & See there will be so many

10 BAHT & 5 BAHT increase hide the increase in your bread prices  whistle
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:32:38 AM by binnsy »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 07:38:18 AM »
Prices are already going up following the implementation of the 300baht daily wage

Why would I need to do that Binnsy??

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »

Why would I need to do that Binnsy??

Well it will cover the increase's which you will have

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 07:34:31 PM »
If the bakery puts up its prices then I will!!

Offline taurus

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Section 5 of the Liquors Act (1950) states that it is illegal for anyone to brew their own alcohol, or even have the equipment to do so.

The maximum penalty for contravention of this section of the Act is six months in jail, or a fine of 5,000 baht, or both.

If the offender sells the liquour, the maximum penalty rises to a year in jail or a 10,000 baht fine, or both.

Those are the maximum penalties and can be imposed for making and / or selling distilled alcohol (spirits).

The maximum penalties for brewing or fermenting alcohol - wine or beer, for example - are lower: 200 baht for making it and 5,000 baht for selling it.'
from http://homebrewasia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=81
If he got 30 000 Baht fine he must have been very naughty, possibly sending people blind or not inviting the local police for a sampling. I can only explain the relatively high prices for beer in Thailand to some kind of 'Monopoly' (or maybe another word beginning with 'M') not welcoming competition. I believe the big breweries are in the hands of the Chinese-Thais.
Section 5 of the Liquors Act (1950) states that it is illegal for anyone to brew their own alcohol, or even have the equipment to do so.

The maximum penalty for contravention of this section of the Act is six months in jail, or a fine of 5,000 baht, or both.

If the offender sells the liquour, the maximum penalty rises to a year in jail or a 10,000 baht fine, or both.

Those are the maximum penalties and can be imposed for making and / or selling distilled alcohol (spirits).

The maximum penalties for brewing or fermenting alcohol - wine or beer, for example - are lower: 200 baht for making it and 5,000 baht for selling it.'
from http://homebrewasia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=81
If he got 30 000 Baht fine he must have been very naughty, possibly sending people blind or not inviting the local police for a sampling. I can only explain the relatively high prices for beer in Thailand to some kind of 'Monopoly' (or maybe another word beginning with 'M') not welcoming competition. I believe the big breweries are in the hands of the Chinese-Thais.
An astute observation on your behalf ,however may I draw it to your attention that the whole Country,s Commerce is in the hands of the Chinese Thai's , this simple fact may stick in the throats of a few who live in some sort of Issan  dream world ,IMHO however distressful or distasteful  personally to me its  the simple truth ,at this moment in time with out the Thai Chinese business acumen (even with its acute corruption) this Country would sink beneath the financial waves in a very short space of time  smilenod   

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
.. I thought that I had about gone as far as I could without actually going down that slippery slope. I think that there are far more people living in a dreamworld Pattaya and company than there are in Isaan. Nice to be called astute for once, thanks.

Offline taurus

.. I thought that I had about gone as far as I could without actually going down that slippery slope. I think that there are far more people living in a dreamworld Pattaya and company than there are in Isaan. Nice to be called astute for once, thanks.
[/quote  Hi Davu ,thanks for the  reply ,by "Issan dreamers" I was referring to the local populace not the farangs who live here ,although I have to admit it did appear that way ,why my statement?, well IMHO they have been well and truly led down the "garden path" with the broken promises by this present administration, the main one in my area is of course the price of rice promised per tonne ,here the average price for hom mali rice is between 14,000 and 16,000 tops a tonne , some way off the 20,000 mentioned in the Election manifesto and there are others too that have fell by the wayside which leads me to believe that these people have been well and truly "shafted" such a shame that they built their hopes and voted on empty promises .

Offline Tiocfaidh Ar La

[/quote  Hi Davu ,thanks for the  reply ,by "Issan dreamers" I was referring to the local populace not the farangs who live here ,although I have to admit it did appear that way ,why my statement?, well IMHO they have been well and truly led down the "garden path" with the broken promises by this present administration, the main one in my area is of course the price of rice promised per tonne ,here the average price for hom mali rice is between 14,000 and 16,000 tops a tonne , some way off the 20,000 mentioned in the Election manifesto and there are others too that have fell by the wayside which leads me to believe that these people have been well and truly "shafted" such a shame that they built their hopes and voted on empty promises .
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:26:04 AM by Tiocfaidh Ar La »

Offline Tiocfaidh Ar La

My wife and i sold rice from last year crop as directed by the government and received 19 baht a kilo for the 32,000 kilos we sold,we had to wait a little time for the money but it did come in the end.
Just under what was promised,but we were still very happy with that price.

Offline taurus

I suppose its OK if you can afford to wait ,but as you may be well aware many poor farmers do not have any "fall back money" and therefore need to sell theirs quickly mores the pity , but
My wife and i sold rice from last year crop as directed by the government and received 19 baht a kilo for the 32,000 kilos we sold,we had to wait a little time for the money but it did come in the end.
  The problem is, as no doubt you are well aware not many poor farmers can afford the wait (mores the pity) and need to sell quickly to repay their loans etc ,as stated before the highest price on offer here was 16 Baht A kilo . smilenod

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
I suppose its OK if you can afford to wait ,but as you may be well aware many poor farmers do not have any "fall back money" and therefore need to sell theirs quickly mores the pity , but
  The problem is, as no doubt you are well aware not many poor farmers can afford the wait (mores the pity) and need to sell quickly to repay their loans etc ,as stated before the highest price on offer here was 16 Baht A kilo . smilenod

The wait for the wife was 7 days. She received 17 baht. This was Kap Choeng. The check had to be deposited in the Farmers bank same bank that most had taken out a loan from and had defaulted guess who got the money not the farmer. So those that got wise had to settle for the open price of 15 baht per kilo.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
You have to 'feel' for the real Thai farmers as they get 'screwed' by the Thai-Chinese at every opportunity

Offline taurus

The wait for the wife was 7 days. She received 17 baht. This was Kap Choeng. The check had to be deposited in the Farmers bank same bank that most had taken out a loan from and had defaulted guess who got the money not the farmer. So those that got wise had to settle for the open price of 15 baht per kilo.
  Thanks for you reply Gotlost ,I very much doubt that any poor rice farmers benefited at all, but at the end of the day it was their vote that benefited this administration  smilenod   

Offline taurus

You have to 'feel' for the real Thai farmers as they get 'screwed' by the Thai-Chinese at every opportunity
   Quite true Nookie I could not agree more , unfortunately the Thai Chinese Run nearly all the commerce and All things political, the normal Issan Thai is just grist to their mill.

Offline Tiocfaidh Ar La

Thanks for you reply Gotlost ,I very much doubt that any poor rice farmers benefited at all, but at the end of the day it was their vote that benefited this administration  smilenod
I agree it's sad to see the poor always losing out to the rich,but it's better than the rich giving everything to the poor,what sort of society would that be.
I am afraid it's a dog eat dog world and only the strong and the rich survive,if someone offers you something take it and ask no question,ask to many questions and people wont offer it again.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM

Re: Dentist by Thai Bart