{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Chantaburi Buriram bus overturns, deaths reported.  (Read 19751 times)

Offline ivor

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Chantaburi Buriram bus overturns, deaths reported.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 11:10:14 AM »
Whilst I agree that 140 is in excess of the speed limit I was simply pointing out that the bus driver was clearly being more reckless.
Thai driving is not good at best.

You then decide to go on about people should leave the country if they cannot abide by the rules.A bit over the top.

I bet you drive your rice truck fast when you are late for delivery. smilenod
Yes i agree with you charlie the bus driver was out of control at that speed,and driving like that in those conditions was disgraceful.
However so was the driver of the pick up after all those year's of driving his fish and chip van around,you would have thought he would have known better. screwy
You seem to know alot about said driver. Thus you must know that he appears to be an accomplished driver with many years of experience.

Do not really understand your arguement. There are indeed many traffic accidents on the Thai roads. I have never read or seen on TV that is was any other that Thai drivers causing the accidents.

140kms per hour is about 90 miles per hour. Again over the English speed limit but also a speed that most westerners are accustomed to.
If you had an accident in the U.K.and it was proven that you were driving at 90 mph you would be charged with dangerous driving.
LEWIS HAMILTON drives in access of 300 km/h on the race track,but he does not drive at that speed on the public roads,because it would be classed as dangerous.
I was stating a fact that you drive to the conditions that you find yourself in,it's not rocket science to understand that both the coach driver and the pick up driver,were both driving dangerous in wet conditions.
Last of all what anyone does in england ,has nothing to do with driving here in thailand,and is stupid to try and make any sort of comparison between the two.
Now please let's move on and stop trying to defend someone that by his own confession has broken the law,by speeding and driving to fast in wet and dangerous road conditions.

Charlie

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
Indeed time to move on. You seem to have a personal vendetta against the said driver.

Sounds familiar.

Drive carefully. smilenod

Offline ivor

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
Indeed time to move on. You seem to have a personal vendetta against the said driver.

Sounds familiar.

Drive carefully. smilenod
No personal vendetta what so ever,i clearly stated that BOTH drivers were at fault,so how does that statement make it personal,when i used the word BOTH.

Charlie

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 11:41:54 AM »
I said personal vendetta, meaning the driver that you know.

That clearly is the OP. There are not two drivers here that you know so with regards to the term "personal" you are incorrect to use the word both.

It amazes me that after 15 years of driving truck,probably longer driving cars, that you have never broken the law. Thus giving you the idea that you can curse others.

Or.....maybe you are just being contradictory in order to stir the pot.

Offline ivor

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 12:53:40 PM »
I said personal vendetta, meaning the driver that you know.

That clearly is the OP. There are not two drivers here that you know so with regards to the term "personal" you are incorrect to use the word both.

It amazes me that after 15 years of driving truck,probably longer driving cars, that you have never broken the law. Thus giving you the idea that you can curse others.

Or.....maybe you are just being contradictory in order to stir the pot.
I have tried to explain to you to many times now ,so that's it think what you want.
Good-bye.

Offline tonypace01

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 03:58:10 PM »
"If you had an accident in the U.K.and it was proven that you were driving at 90 mph you would be charged with dangerous driving."
Even if he was rear ended?

Offline ICEMAN

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »
I'm don't post much on here but after reading this thread I feel I must.Anybody who admits to driving at 140k in the rain at 2pm at night is just stupid and anybody who condones this behaviour just because he is a mate is just as a bad. buttslap
Next we will have people posting saying that they had had 6 big beers and can still drive OK but its Ok because us farangs can hold our drink better than Thais  ::)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 06:02:59 PM »
28, mostly children, killed in Swiss bus crashBy Diana Magnay, CNN
March 14, 2012 -- Updated 0909 GMT (1709 HKT)
  Dozens killed in Swiss bus crashSTORY HIGHLIGHTS
NEW: "This is a tragic day for Belgium," prime minister says
Most of the children were 11 or 12 years old
The bus was carrying 52 people, police say
It was on its way back to Belgium from a ski trip, they say
(CNN) -- A bus crashed into a tunnel in Switzerland, killing 28 people, including 22 children, Tuesday night, police said.

Another 24 children were injured in the wreck, police said.

Most of the children were 11 and 12 years old, said Joren Vandeweyer, a spokesman for the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The bus was on its way back to Belgium from a ski trip. It slammed into a highway tunnel in Sierre in the Swiss canton of Valais.

The bus was carrying 52 people in total: two bus divers, four other adults and 46 children.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Belgium made available two military planes to take parents to see their injured children and to bring them back, Vandeweyer said.

"This is a tragic day for Belgium," Belgium's Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo said, adding he will be traveling to Switzerland Wednesday.

CNN's Stefan Simons and Samira Said contributed to this report.

Share this on:
Facebook

Twitter

Digg

delicious

reddit

MySpace

StumbleUpon

LinkedIn

Viadeo

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 07:14:04 PM »
Being a Belgian, I applaud the government to send two military planes for the parents to pick up their children ... but what I hate to the core of my being are the politicians that HAVE to come over to OVERSEE the carnage ... this is what I call disatertourists ... I remember the tsunami here when colums of relief truckes had to make way for the politicians from all over the world had to come and see by their OWN eyes where the reliefmoney was spend ... on their 500$ a night hotels plus their 1.000$ a day expence account ... and I can assure you they DO NOT fly coach like we do !!!!
MARC TWAIN : politicians are like diapers, you got to change them regularly ... and for the same reason !!!

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 08:47:56 PM »
the fact that a thread about mo-mo cars brmm brmm has given arise to one of the most intensive exchange of views since I joined the forum indicates something about what our members are interested in. Maybe Football and Formula 1 racing comes as a second. I have had intelligent answers in threads I have participated in but they died out pretty quickly. Café litéraire anyone? Get together for an informal jam session? Probably not or am I mistaken?

Charlie

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 07:52:19 AM »
I'm don't post much on here but after reading this thread I feel I must.Anybody who admits to driving at 140k in the rain at 2pm at night is just stupid and anybody who condones this behaviour just because he is a mate is just as a bad. buttslap
Next we will have people posting saying that they had had 6 big beers and can still drive OK but its Ok because us farangs can hold our drink better than Thais  ::)

I would just like to make my point here. I was, in an indirect way admittedly, trying to make the point that the thread was about a bus crash. The post by the pick up driver saying he was doing 140kmh, and I have said is over the limit, looked to me as though he was giving a comparison as to how fast the coach was going.

The main poster on this thread picked up on the speed of the pick up and tried to make a point about it.He has a history on this forum, in different guises, of trying to antagonise people. I doubt very much if there are many people on this forum, me included, who have never broken a traffic law, and thus putting ourselves and others in danger.

Lets just share a thought for those poor people that were on the bus, and their families, and hope that the powers that be will some day do something about this tragic loss of life.

Offline Zombie

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 08:41:43 AM »
It's a problem with education and Buddhism
No education and thinking they will return as somebody better

= dangerous roads

Offline ivor

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 08:56:27 AM »

I would just like to make my point here. I was, in an indirect way admittedly, trying to make the point that the thread was about a bus crash. The post by the pick up driver saying he was doing 140kmh, and I have said is over the limit, looked to me as though he was giving a comparison as to how fast the coach was going.

The main poster on this thread picked up on the speed of the pick up and tried to make a point about it.He has a history on this forum, in different guises, of trying to antagonise people. I doubt very much if there are many people on this forum, me included, who have never broken a traffic law, and thus putting ourselves and others in danger.

Lets just share a thought for those poor people that were on the bus, and their families, and hope that the powers that be will some day do something about this tragic loss of life.
I am not trying to antagonize anyone,just stating a fact,just the same has the other two members have done,i think it's you that has issues not me,you are the one trying to make this a personal thing not me.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 08:55:48 AM »
Anyone surprised?.............Sunday Morning at 02-00 I'm travelling along the Highway 24 doing 140km/hr  between Nang Rong & Nong Ki & an Ubon -Bangkok bus goes past me doing at Least 150km/hr,,on a wet road too!!
Does that not make you just as stupid doing 140kmh on a wet road.

I dont understand that comment. Someone who is driving a car at 140 is as stupid as a guy driving faster with a coach load of people.

Explain?

I would say that both are wrong if its been raining and the roads a slippery 140/150 is way to fast to be driving Adapt to the road conditions would make a lot more sense.
Ivor,I've driven more miles than you ever will so don't try being a smart ass & Binnsy you ought to know better!!
I don't think so i drove all over eastern and western europe for 15 years on trucks,so that make me a smart ass,where did you accumulate your mileage,in your fish and chip van. redman
Anyone surprised?.............Sunday Morning at 02-00 I'm travelling along the Highway 24 doing 140km/hr  between Nang Rong & Nong Ki & an Ubon -Bangkok bus goes past me doing at Least 150km/hr,,on a wet road too!!

I dont understand that comment. Someone who is driving a car at 140 is as stupid as a guy driving faster with a coach load of people.

Explain?

I would say that both are wrong if its been raining and the roads a slippery 140/150 is way to fast to be driving Adapt to the road conditions would make a lot more sense.
Ivor,I've driven more miles than you ever will so don't try being a smart ass & Binnsy you ought to know better!!
I don't think so i drove all over eastern and western europe for 15 years on trucks,so that make me a smart ass,where did you accumulate your mileage,in your fish and chip van. redman
I think your mentor has got his information wrong,,,,I've yet to see a Fish & Chip SHOP on wheels.
AND well done for giving away your 'real identity' to anyone that hadn't already sussed you.....I'm forever blowing bubbles xx

Offline ivor

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »

Explain?

Explain?

I think your mentor has got his information wrong,,,,I've yet to see a Fish & Chip SHOP on wheels.
AND well done for giving away your 'real identity' to anyone that hadn't already sussed you.....I'm forever blowing bubbles xx
Did not say fish and chip shop,i said fish and chip van,and as to giving away my identity could'nt care less.
In future don't try and be a smart arse,you should know better.555 buriram_united

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick