{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: A House construction in Lamduan, Surin  (Read 28214 times)

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
Re: A House construction in Lamduan, Surin
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 07:09:26 AM »
Air flow in the roof is good all round cooler and stops any damp.Curved C-Pak Monier are a great tile and provide all of this . But if the client wants siver foil we put it ,this guy said "do not put" ! evey-one to there own ,I think if useing flat tiles maybe the foil might help a tiny bit.
Very true the stuff does not last more than a few years ,it falls apart .

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 12:32:38 PM »
there is a lot of discussion about "reflective foil" on coolthaihouse.com. From the point of view of insulation against convective heat, foil is useless. However it does apparently throw back heat that is being RADIATED from the hot roof, which is why there should be a space between the foil and the roof.  I wasn't aware that it falls apart after a few years, news to me, I only found out lately that there are different qualities available.  As we already have a roof, the only way we could put foil in would be to remove the roof, so in view of what Alan says, I don't think I'll bother.
What I will be doing is putting in insulation (glass wool I guess) above the ceiling, with the vapour barrier upwards. Insect- and burglar proof openings in the eaves should ensure for air circulation, some guys even put in a fan with thermostat in the roof space.
Thais have been forced to change building materials since they destroyed the forests, and go for the cheapest variation available, which is why their houses are generally so disagreeable to live in. In Marocco the traditional building materials (mud bricks and adobe etc) plus the architecture of the houses lets people live in relatively cool conditions. There is a movement to construct houses with sun-dried bricks (don't laugh, this is a very good construction material. Any rice farmer has enough suitable mud in his fields). Very labour intensive, so suitable for Thailand if I dare say so.
I'm sure it is possible to live without A/C, we will be installing anyway in the hope that we don't need it.

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2012, 12:35:57 PM »
by the way, here in Switzerland we are having English weather . sleet and cold. Difficult to think about heat problems....

Offline trevor1

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
I agree with you alan that foil under the tiles is really a waste of money. heat rises and most of the heat inside a house comes through the walls or windows. Go to any single block building and feel the heat radiating through the walls, its amazing how hot they become.I used a cavity wall foam filled system when i built my house and designed it so that the main living area was in the centre of the house with no direct sunlight going into it. i dont need a/c . I used a smoked glass in the windows which has also helped to keep out heat although not as affective as double glazing. The cost of using a double block on the outside walls is very little compared to the costs of installing a/c and running it for a year.You can further increase your houses insulation properties by drylining the inside walls with plaster board creating yet a further barrier against heat, as i have done which gives you the opportunity to wallpaper your walls instead of just having it rendered.The cost of doing this really is quite small. Looking at your recent build alan i am impressed with it .looks good and workmanship also looks good. well done nice to see a decent build . as a builder myself i tend to be quite critical and see so much rubbish built today by thai builders.Keep up the good work.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 06:17:20 AM »
Double blocks is a good idea ,we ether do this or use Supper block of both ,
Wallpaper hey Trev not much of that over here mate ..

Offline trevor1

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »
Quite agree on the wallpaper situation alan but most europeans go back to their own country every year so can bring it out with them like i did. personal choice i guess.The double block system works superb even on a really hot day my house stays cool.I have seen many houses with 4 or 5 a/c attached to feed a few rooms thats about 100k in cost let alone running them.I think we all want to live comfortably over here at the lowest price possible this was just my way that seems to work good for me.just something for other guys looking to build their own place to think about.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 09:31:07 AM »
The pictures of the complete house will be up in 1 week .

Here is a house we are building in Hua-Rat near Buriram ,a very big house indeed about 400sqm .

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
more ..

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 09:34:45 AM »
Ring only 30 cubes of concrete .

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2012, 07:05:12 PM »
A few more picks ...

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »
more picks

Offline Murtle_71

• Contributor with future
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »
For roof cooling and cheap go for holes in the eaves with a wirlybird in the roof, this will create a natural draft. Cool air is sucked into the roof cavity as the hot air rises out the hole in the wirlybird. The shape of the wirlybird stops the rain from getting into the roof. Well it does with normal rain.

As always Al very well finished,

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2012, 12:51:01 PM »
For roof cooling and cheap go for holes in the eaves with a wirlybird in the roof, this will create a natural draft. Cool air is sucked into the roof cavity as the hot air rises out the hole in the wirlybird. The shape of the wirlybird stops the rain from getting into the roof. Well it does with normal rain.

Normal Rain!!!!! welcome to Thailand!
Rats/Jinjoks and Tokays will love the easy access! Hope your wiring in armour plated ,mate!!!!!!!!!  thumbup

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2012, 07:48:02 PM »

Normal Rain!!!!! welcome to Thailand!
Rats/Jinjoks and Tokays will love the easy access! Hope your wiring in armour plated ,mate!!!!!!!!!  thumbup

Mesh Nobby,   mesh !

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM