Leo        5.5% ( the God of beers )
11 (36.7%)
Chang    6.4% ( for the drunks )
8 (26.7%)
Red Horse  6.9% ( AKA Wife Beater )
0 (0%)
Heineken  5% ( Ladies beer )
0 (0%)
Tiger 5% ( for when they don't have Leo )
0 (0%)
Miller Light ( popular in Soi 6 )
1 (3.3%)
Blue Ice  ( popular in Go Go bars )
1 (3.3%)
Chang Light, 4.2%( for lightweights )
0 (0%)
Or other ,please state
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: January 17, 2012, 01:07:00 PM

Author Topic: What,s your Favorite Beer ?  (Read 18707 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: What,s your Favorite Beer ?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 06:49:59 PM »
I doubt if is available in some of the more 'remote' areas as of yet!!

Red Jet

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 09:11:05 PM »

A bloody lovely drink,the nearest yet to a beer,,,,,& of course probably the lowest price in Isaan!!!

And free nosh on a Sunday........don't they call these Loss Leaders  party6
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:25:43 PM by Red Jet »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 07:01:48 AM »

A bloody lovely drink,the nearest yet to a beer,,,,,& of course probably the lowest price in Isaan!!!

No ,no loss leaders..........I dont rip people off like some places in Surin,but certainly run at a 'profit'...

Red Jet

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 09:31:25 AM »

No ,no loss leaders..........I dont rip people off like some places in Surin,but certainly run at a 'profit'...

Not having a dig Nookie but as always I am only talking how I see things.There is no way you can make a profit on a Sunday by giving away free food and selling beer at the prices you do.I would imagine your Sundays are a loss Leader for people to buy your farang  food goods or to make orders for future purchases and gives your partner further trade during the week to make money when free food is not on offer .Also you have always said it's your partners Restaurant and not yours. ;)
The ways most farangs make a profit is to fly below the radar by not having work permits and using their partner as a front for their businesses.If I was to run a place up here in Isaan there is no way I would go through the rigmarole of getting work permits and paying taxes,if you do you just can't compete with others that are beating the system .As they say you can always buy something cheaper off the back of a pick-up than going to a store where they have all the overheads of rent,staff and wages.!!
Good luck to anybody that is running a business,helping others,beating the system and making a profit  bravo1

PS.. I don't think its fair to say that anybody that is selling beer at higher prices than you are ripping people off  nono, businesses sell a product at a price that covers it overheads and to make a profit.There is no way a place like Muang Pizza Resort could sell beer at the prices you do ,but then again Muang Pizza Resort isn't a few straw roofed shack,s out in the wideness .People have a choice everywhere in Thailand,some like to sit outside 7/11 or small Mini marts to drink at a very cheap price,buy in bulk and drink at home,go to small Thai Restaurant/bars  or to pay a high price and go and drink where there is an elegant ambiance or other treats on offer .You pay you money and you  take your choice  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:37:12 AM by Red Jet »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 09:43:40 AM »
RJ, with respect you are talking thro your ass.......Rest assured Nookies has been making a profit every day its open including Sundays.
I heard a whisper that you ran several very successful ventures in the past & now live on the bones of your ass.......Nookie xx

Red Jet

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
RJ, with respect you are talking thro your ass.......Rest assured Nookies has been making a profit every day its open including Sundays.
I heard a whisper that you ran several very successful ventures in the past & now live on the bones of your ass.......Nookie xx

Nookie I was only replying to your quote "I don't rip people off like some places in Surin"..which I still think is an unfair comment  to other bar owner !!!

And yes I live in Thailand on a small private pension as I am younger than most,I could go back to the UK and work if I wanted to but I'm more than happy staying and living as I am.And yes I did lose a few quid on a few business venter's but have made on others so I'm still up as a gambler would say.I have lived in Thailand for over 10 years now on a small amount of money ,its my choice and slagging someone off for not having loads of money is very Thai of you Nookie  redman

BTW...Leo is still the best  thumbup

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »

People have a choice everywhere in Thailand,some like to sit outside 7/11 or small Mini marts to drink at a very cheap price,buy in bulk and drink at home,go to small Thai Restaurant/bars  or to pay a high price and go and drink where there is an elegant ambiance or other treats on offer .You pay you money and you  take your choice  :biggrin:

Not gettting involved in the discourse. but Red Jet, please advise  re   "there is an elegant ambiance or other treats on offer"   Not sen many places in Isaan with "other treats"!

Red Jet

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 04:31:54 PM »

People have a choice everywhere in Thailand,some like to sit outside 7/11 or small Mini marts to drink at a very cheap price,buy in bulk and drink at home,go to small Thai Restaurant/bars  or to pay a high price and go and drink where there is an elegant ambiance or other treats on offer .You pay you money and you  take your choice  :biggrin:

Not gettting involved in the discourse. but Red Jet, please advise  re   "there is an elegant ambiance or other treats on offer"   Not sen many places in Isaan with "other treats"!

According to BuriramBuilder and by the photos he took and posted on here  Muang Pizza Resort Restaurant has an elegant ambiance and many culinary treats hungry1.As for the treats you are talking of,  Soi Kola is the place I'm told in Surin ,along with  the Thong Tarin Hotel with it's  Rose Queen Bath House, but I can assure you you wont find Archa at  40B,Chang at  45B,Leo at 50B and Blackthorn & Olde English at 110B at these venue's  :biggrin:
But I'm sure you, Nookie and others know of far cheaper places than me locally in Buriram for that sort of thing. ;)
As I said in my previous posts "Good luck to anybody that is running a business,helping others,beating the system and making a profit" and I still stand by what I have posted about businesses in Isaan.
It's standard practice up here in Issan to get our wifes to front our businesses and all over Thailand for that matter of fact.Again in Pattaya and other tourist destinations where westerners have funded bars for their wifes and girlfriend and then sit in the bar talking to customers are being targeted by the BiB and other agencies to stump up fines for working even when their not .The Police come in ,say" I want to talk to the Boss" the waitress's  point out the farang owner and your nicked if you haven't got a work permit .It's only a matter of time before the local BiB realizes there is money to be made as more western funded places open up in Isaan.Also most ( not all but most ) bars and small restaurants owed by westerners don't make any sort of money and at best can only be considered as a hobby for the bored retiree.But hey what do I know as I'm just talking out my ass according to some  :biggrin:

BTW...Leo is still the best  thumbup

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »
I like Leo too, Red Jet, but yet to try Chang Export.

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 06:28:42 PM »

You should get down to Coffee Corner - we have it.

Red Jet

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 06:48:06 PM »

How much for a bottle of Chang Export at Coffeecorner ?? and does it come with a free meal  :laugh:

Archa has now one vote....you took your time TBWG  :biggrin:

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 07:30:28 PM »

How much for a bottle of Chang Export at Coffeecorner ?? and does it come with a free meal  :laugh:

Archa has now one vote....you took your time TBWG  :biggrin:

Free meal   :D :D :D

Get real Red, I have a profit margin to maintain. Will probably knock it out at 65 Baht.

Will sample the Export tonight - I may have to change my vote.

Red Jet

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »
Will probably knock it out at 65 Baht.

Nok said she would like to see that  :laugh:

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 04:22:11 AM »

Better late than never!!

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 04:37:16 AM »
Chang Export - Is it a good floor cleaner?    :D :D :D

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy