{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: NEW Minimart & Bistro "Farang Food Paradise"  (Read 30204 times)

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Re: NEW Minimart & Bistro "Farang Food Paradise"
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 08:23:29 PM »
Yes a good afternoon (short one for me due to work commitments) Admin.

Nice clean place with a very tempting and good value menu / good selection of beers.

No local beers though :( I am sure there is a reason for this. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Good picture Admin....Now if "Rocky would go on a diet, you would be able to see the seven blokes behind him ;)

Great to catch up with the "Daves," and looking forward to the next one party4

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 05:52:54 AM »
Would agree with Somnat that local beers required. German beers are an acquired taste and most of us are not Germans sick1

Food was good and generous portions. :smile: But with total reliance on German beer and German foodstuffs for sale I have my doubts as to whether it will succeed. I will certainly visit and buy the odd item from time to time, but where are the Germans? Best of luck anyway.

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 08:46:59 PM »
Careful what you wish for.......especially if you run a new bar.

Overheard at the Bums meeting yesterday at the FFP.....Youngish fellow working the bar was commenting that he was run of his feet with all the punters that had arrived for the opening. He stated that he hoped that tomorrow (today) will not be too busy.

Fast forward to today. I went past 3 times while picking up stuff for the new house and didnt see any customers in there at all ........I guess he got his wish ..... :-X

I hope the FFP does well. Its well located on the Buriram Riviera with good views over the lake. If they decide to stock some local beers, I think many more people will see it as a viable alternative to a possibly dwindling amount of Farang run places in  buriramsmiley

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 09:13:03 PM »
Careful what you wish for.......especially if you run a new bar.

Overheard at the Bums meeting yesterday at the FFP.....Youngish fellow working the bar was commenting that he was run of his feet with all the punters that had arrived for the opening. He stated that he hoped that tomorrow (today) will not be too busy.

Fast forward to today. I went past 3 times while picking up stuff for the new house and didnt see any customers in there at all ........I guess he got his wish ..... :-X

I hope the FFP does well. Its well located on the Buriram Riviera with good views over the lake. If they decide to stock some local beers, I think many more people will see it as a viable alternative to a possibly dwindling amount of Farang run places in  buriramsmiley

Agree with Somnat good location, well stocked and good food ... but I also think not stocking Thai beer is a mistake. confused3 Personally I wish them well and hope they succeed.

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 09:51:53 PM »
Agree with Somnat good location, well stocked and good food ... but I also think not stocking Thai beer is a mistake. confused3 Personally I wish them well and hope they succeed.

TBWG sawadi

Seconded (or Thirded). Norbies bar in Surin sells Leo, Heineken (&Tiger,I think) but none of that white horse p!ss that TMWNoTaste drinks  sick1 confused4 confused2 steamingMad
The German brews are a welcome alternative.

Nice location, on a clear day you can see at least 2 other closed bars  :D :D :D

Dave

dave the dude

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 10:53:31 AM »
Food was good and generous portions. :smile: But with total reliance on German beer and German foodstuffs for sale I have my doubts as to whether it will succeed. I will certainly visit and buy the odd item from time to time, but where are the Germans? Best of luck anyway.

Hi 'Daves & everybody

This post got me thinking (very rare BTW) and I wonder what approx percentage of each nationality there is is Buriram?
As I am not local, I can only estaimate Surin has about 30% UK, 20% US, 20% Aus, 10% German, 10% 'Nordic' 10% others. That is just 'gut feel'

Just wonder what others think is a rough percentage ??????

Dave (thinking to much & lack of alcohol today) 

Lourens

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 09:26:24 PM »
Definitely. thai beers are must in Thailand in general for my opinion (Is there any place back home where you can't get a local beer?.. sure it's never happan to me).
To have a wide selection of an imported alcohol and beer it's a blessed and very welcome concept. but to eliminate and ignore the whole market and your potential customers that's another thing. and no need a reminding to the (very) limited market here in Isaan and particullary in Buriram.

Personally I love a good german beer, but for the daily regullar basis drinkers..  party9
I'll visit there anyway as the food ummm.....  hungry1  jumping7

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 09:17:40 AM »
Agree fully the need for local beers, and the sooner the better, or he will end up like most others on the lake.

I for one however will not return. Bought a liver sausage on the opening day. Was sour! Inedible. And there was no sell by date on the pack, nor any manufacturers name. Unsatisfactory! Looks like I will have to remain with Vinyl and take my own sandwiches!

dave the dude

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »
Agree fully the need for local beers, and the sooner the better, or he will end up like most others on the lake.

I for one however will not return. Bought a liver sausage on the opening day. Was sour! Inedible. And there was no sell by date on the pack, nor any manufacturers name. Unsatisfactory! Looks like I will have to remain with Vinyl and take my own sandwiches!

Any sign of 'local beers' in there yet?

Offline Khun Tony

• Contributor with future
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 09:27:09 PM »
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I'm still in oz and therefore missed all the fun.    The place sounds good albeit it lacks one of the most important ingredients - local beer!  Now everyone talks about it being in Buriram, is it in Buriram and if so exactly where, someone mentioned lakes, is that the lakes in the city near the markets, or is it Surin which is 32 or so kms outside of Buriram.

When I arrive this Christmas I might drive across or walk depending exactly where it is located.   

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 09:33:22 PM »
It's in buriram city.  jumping1

See more details on location in the "going out" page: http://www.buriramexpats.com/goingout/

dave the dude

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 06:59:41 AM »
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I'm still in oz and therefore missed all the fun.    The place sounds good albeit it lacks one of the most important ingredients - local beer!  Now everyone talks about it being in Buriram, is it in Buriram and if so exactly where, someone mentioned lakes, is that the lakes in the city near the markets, or is it Surin which is 32 or so kms outside of Buriram.

When I arrive this Christmas I might drive across or walk depending exactly where it is located.   

Hi Tony
Check out the maps, its on the lake where Sawadee Krap Bar and the Irish Bar used to beparty12
The owner Norbie ALSO has a bar in Surin, where he works. Hope that helps.  helpsos

Dave

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 10:02:02 PM »
Seems like they going to have
"Oktoberfest BBQ in "Farang food paradise"
( "Oktoberfest" = http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/ )

Take a look in their website:

http://farangfoodparadise.de.tl/Aktivit.ae.ten-&-Aktionen.htm?PHPSESSID=8a5a7d1d9648733cd55e7601bb7549b1

Schedules:

02. October   BBQ beef - and pork Tenderloin with salad and
                        baked ptatoes for only 195,-- Baht
                        Also beer promotion: Beer Leo 35,-- beer Lao
                        59,-- Tiger  45,--
                        German Oktoberfest beer 125,--
                        Start 18.00 h

03. October    Homemade German Sausage with sauerkraut
                         and baked potatoes incl. 0,5 Ltr. German
                         Oktoberfest bier
                         For 245,-- Baht only

04. October    Breakfat - Bufft with Livemusic just for 195,--
                          From 10.00 h - 12.00 h
                         Our beer promotion prices for the whole day as
                          well.

Enjoy.  party6  sawadi
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:30:56 PM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2009, 02:14:51 AM »
Seems like they going to have
"Oktoberfest BBQ in "Farang food paradise"
( "Oktoberfest" = http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/ )

Take a look in their website:

http://farangfoodparadise.de.tl/Aktivit.ae.ten-&-Aktionen.htm?PHPSESSID=8a5a7d1d9648733cd55e7601bb7549b1

Schedules:

02. October   BBQ beef - and pork Tenderloin with salad and
                        baked ptatoes for only 195,-- Baht
                        Also beer promotion: Beer Leo 35,-- beer Lao
                        59,-- Tiger  45,--
                        German Oktoberfest beer 125,--
                        Start 18.00 h

03. October    Homemade German Sausage with sauerkraut
                         and baked potatoes incl. 0,5 Ltr. German
                         Oktoberfest bier
                         For 245,-- Baht only

04. October    Breakfat - Bufft with Livemusic just for 195,--
                          From 10.00 h - 12.00 h
                         Our beer promotion prices for the whole day as
                          well.

Enjoy.  party6  sawadi

Hi

I see they are now selling Thai beer no mention of Archa  biggrinbar but... I see they have Beer Lao! happy2

TBWG sawadi

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM