{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Pickles  (Read 8769 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Pickles
« on: February 24, 2009, 02:04:55 PM »
I actually left a post on a previous subject but there was not much response. I was talking about supplying pickles to the local expats in need of a "fix".

I would like some thoughts first. It is not, for now at least, something that I feel would generate enough income to enable me to "give up the day job". It is something that I enjoy doing and any income would be a bonus.

For this reason I currently have no retail outlet. I would be thinking of doing it as a "home delivery" thing. This would obviously also need to be looked at with regard to customer location. I have very recently started to supply expats who are town residents. I would be more that happy to supply others out in the Amphers such as Prakonchai,Nang Rong, Lamplaimart or Grasang for example. Order sizes or delivery costs to be negotiated.

My best selling products of late are Branston"style" pickle and Picallili. I sell these at 70baht for a jar that is approx 350 grams. As a part time environmentalist this would go down to 60 baht a jar for further orders if empty jars were returned.

I have also supplied pate,Indian curries, pickled shallots,cabbage and gerkins.

Believe it or not I have Thai customers buying marmarlade and penut butter from me.

Is there anything else anyone can think of that you crave for? Would you like the option of someone preparing and delivering you favourite stuff? Would this work?

All of my products are made from 100% natural ingredients with no preservatives or additives.

I also use ingredients obtained locally so I am sure my prices will be lower that imports or products sent from Bangkok or Pattaya.

Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:07:40 PM by ADMIN »

Offline swimming pizza

• Contributor with future
  • amazing thailand.
Re: Pickles
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 03:45:12 PM »
great idea,show us what you've got.I love these stuff and will be happy to get some "fix" ;)
Will it work?I don't know as have some products in the supermarket,if you want to success your products have to be upper than the "brand names" products available on Big-C/Makro/Tuwikit .
 hungry1

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
I believe there is a market for these kind of products in Buriram city and wider areas around as well.

Many foreigners living in remote villeges that can buy only a very basic local thai food which is fine but the fix you're talking about is the heart of every person's inside world(not to mention stomach),give a farang living in the villege a good bread and he will jump till the sky,give him a cheese.... welcome1

Anyway,my point is the with the right promotion and achknoledge by the local foreginers living here,you must sell at least some adding on top of it the possibility of being a supplier of the local foreigners/farang restaurants and I think you got the point,also thais like some of the stuff but don't expect too much from their side.  character5
Anyway,you've mentioned you're making it as a hobby as well so there's nothing to loose ,go for it first on a small scale and I'll be your first customer to give a real review on your products..hehe  happy2

*I Invite you to our place as well to talk about it, don't forget the "Piccalilli" as well . :biggrin:

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 05:47:55 PM »
Thanks for the replies. As I mentioned before I have a problem with infastructure. Maybe "Admin" could let me know where "our place" is and I could arrange some tasters.

If you want to contact me then I have email at wasbornastar@yahoo.com.

I think that I do have something to sell as I think there are paople who want to buy. We just need to get together.

Let's set up a "fix meet". Please could arrange for Sat/Sun at the present.

Cheers

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 06:04:53 PM »
Hi,
Check out this link to see our location + map to our place.

http://buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php?topic=29.0

Fix meet? sounds like a good add-on to the "buriram expats Regular get-togethers".

To arrange the meeting please post a messege suggesting your product samples for the meeting as well.
"buriram expats Regular get-togethers": http://buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.0

Saturday next month 14/3/09' ? Place? let's talk about it there... ;)
My suggestment is the french "Vynil".  sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:36 PM »
Thanks for the replies. As I mentioned before I have a problem with infastructure. Maybe "Admin" could let me know where "our place" is and I could arrange some tasters.

If you want to contact me then I have email at wasbornastar@yahoo.com.

I think that I do have something to sell as I think there are paople who want to buy. We just need to get together.

Let's set up a "fix meet". Please could arrange for Sat/Sun at the present.

Cheers

Hi Starman

An inexhaustible supply of sweet pickle sounds bliss, hungry1 why not have a word with the new farang food paradise opening 02/04 and see if they would want to stock any of your produce?

If it was a success they have other outlets that could also flog your gear!

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 09:30:55 AM »
Hi Starman

An inexhaustible supply of sweet pickle sounds bliss, hungry1 why not have a word with the new farang food paradise opening 02/04 and see if they would want to stock any of your produce?

If it was a success they have other outlets that could also flog your gear!

TBWG sawadi

That sounds like a very sensible suggestion. I may be interested on some picallili/pickles too
See you next Thursday (Wasnt that in the 'Thriller' video?)
 party7
Dave

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 10:51:56 PM »
What about pickle Eggs   Great with beer! good eggs in the ( Klong tom ) markets real and tasty not like most CP food ones Small Farm eggs real tasty yoke.

Thai's have salted eggs variuos levels of salt in them !.......and 100 year old eggs ( khai-ye-ou-ma ) or also called chease egg....i like them when the yoke is running like good chese and the white is not to brown or rubberie good with not to spicky son-tam  and beer pub food ! ask a thai and if they know they will tell you.

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »
What about pickle Eggs   Great with beer! good eggs in the ( Klong tom ) markets real and tasty not like most CP food ones Small Farm eggs real tasty yoke.

Thai's have salted eggs variuos levels of salt in them !.......and 100 year old eggs ( khai-ye-ou-ma ) or also called chease egg....i like them when the yoke is running like good chese and the white is not to brown or rubberie good with not to spicky son-tam  and beer pub food ! ask a thai and if they know they will tell you.

If you really like the black egg,

ye-ou means: patsawa or translated in English: piss. Have a nice diner  hungry1

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 03:17:09 AM »
You know it has never seen URINE !!! funny i thought you were a CHEASE HEAD  lol lol lol  ( nick name for a person that comes from Holland as i was informed by 7 )

Many dishes through out the world have funny names  YOU talk to admins neighbour about this he will beg to differ !

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick