{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Can Thai society ever be freed of corruption?  (Read 17306 times)

Offline Puba

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Can Thai society ever be freed of corruption?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 02:18:45 PM »
This what happens when you have overpopulation, illiteracy, poverty and massive ripping of country's wealth?

Sounds like you are talking about the USA.   usaflag

No I don't and why I have to offense them? I have no any grudge toward any nation, but Why you think like that, I never mention The US hence it's government becoming now like Billy the Kid, Tell me If I am wrong.. No offense I don't mean the people, The main post about Thai's corruption and I can answer you directly if you quote me, Peace.

LOL, I thought it was funny.  I absolutely took no offense as I did not think you were talking about the USA (even though it is headed in that direction). 

Cheers Mate:   party4

Hahaha it is  thumbup, I feel being dump now LOOL  brick1

If you look up 'politics' in the dictionary, it's actually a combination of two words, First, the word "poly" a word of Greek origin meaning "many", secondly, "ticks", a word which is used to describe a variety of parasitic blood sucking insects.

Politicians are people who participate in these large-scale parasitic blood-sucking orgies.  :laugh:

Offline smithy99

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 04:17:07 PM »
character4  I would go as far as saying that EVERY country has corruption at some level.

Correct.

isanbirder

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »

If you look up 'politics' in the dictionary, it's actually a combination of two words, First, the word "poly" a word of Greek origin meaning "many", secondly, "ticks", a word which is used to describe a variety of parasitic blood sucking insects.

Politicians are people who participate in these large-scale parasitic blood-sucking orgies.  :laugh:
Buy a better dictionary, Puba!  Politics derives from the Greek word for city,' polis', and has nothing to do with 'many'.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:27:22 PM by isanbirder »

Offline smithy99

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 05:00:06 PM »
What about some Jolitics cheergirl

Offline Puba

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »

Buy a better dictionary, Puba!  Politics derives from the Greek word for city,' polis', and has nothing to do with 'many'.

I will, I am trying so hard. Thanks.

den Buut

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »

I hope and think Puba was just making a joke, don't be too serious isannirder.

isanbirder

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »

I realised that, den Buut.  Pretended ignorance is rarely funny;  it tends to get mistaken for real ignorance.

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 10:32:33 PM »

I realised that, den Buut.  Pretended ignorance is rarely funny;  it tends to get mistaken for real ignorance.

Goodness, it is becoming harder and harder to tell the difference on this forum.

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 12:39:07 AM »
Sorry chaps think you have got it all wrong.

However, if you send 500,000Baht to my account at BKK etc etc etc etc Or may'beI should be sending it to you

Offline Paddyram

• Contributor on the right way
  • Censored!
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 09:27:39 PM »
 iconurgent
Dear Lottery Winner,

I am delighted to inform you that you are the latest winner of the Isaan Lottery.  You were entered into this draw by Thai Immigration Authorities last time you renewed your visa.  However, as you are not a Thai national this lucky win is subject to the "Standard Conversion and Administration of Money" (or s.c.a.m) tax.  This tax must be paid from your own personal account in your country of origin, made out in your own country's currency, but must also be exactly 300Baht.  So, as currency values change constantly we cannot accurately tell you what this amount will be in your currency at this moment.  So, please send a blank cheque to the address below and we will fill in the correct amount in your currency just before we lodge the check with the s.c.a.m. authorities.  As the Isaan Lottery the company name is legally registered in Thai script, please also leave the payee part of the cheque blank.  We will fill that in too.

Insincerely yours,

MR. Robbinya asmuchas-ican
Customer Relations Dept.,
Isaan Lottery Co.,
Buriram Province,
Thailand.

Offline jeff

• ummm...
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 09:49:37 AM »

Goodness, it is becoming harder and harder to tell the difference on this forum.
Or even those who don't have the ability to recogonize the difference, Ray.
So encased in their literal and serious world....they can't pick up on the subtleties. cheergirl

Offline smithy99

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 12:18:50 AM »
Can Thailand rid itself of the  element of farang corruption and deceit often against fellow farangs ?

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2011, 10:21:14 AM »
Good point smithy99  moneysmile

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod