{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Why we pay more  (Read 16660 times)

Offline AML

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Why we pay more
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »
Im glad to have this thread as this can be a touchy subject but we seem to have come to some agreement and understanding each other All The Best.

Offline AML

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 12:28:09 PM »
Maybe there are other menbers with there views on this matter

den Buut

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »
I wouldn 't have a problem paying more if it concers an attraction build and payed by thai taxmoney as I were a tourist, like I was before, but now I'm living here and contribute to thai society I have a problem with it. If the thai government gives you a Visa you shouldn't be treaten as a second hand citizen but I guess we are and we always will be.
Thais think they're the greatest country in the world, and thais from Buriram think they have the greatest city in Thailand, so Buriram is the greatest city in the world. :D

Offline AML

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »
Have to agree with u the locals do think like that but some aliens living here think they are thai and its the best place in the world as well,but on the other hand there are worse places.Some aliens even tell people i am thai now oh come on get a grip.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 01:56:13 PM »
Nothing wrong with being proud about where you come from. To be honest I think that right now Thailand is a far better place to be than England. Even if you do fall victim of the double pricing you are still getting better value for money than in England.

Has a Thai mechanic ever charged you 80 pounds an hour?
Prak Nick talked about 1800baht for a battery. no change from 5000baht in England. Have you ever been charged 5 pounds an hour for parking in Thailand? Nearly 3 pounds for a small bottle of Chang.When In got married in Thailand the biggest rip off was the 2500baht for a letter from the British Embassy.

Talking about being Thai. OK.Because of the difference in looks I don't think any westerner, even with residency or even Thai passport, is going to be regarded as Thai by locals when walking down the street. You can however make it so that you are accepted by the people that know you as, for want of a better word, Thai like.

I for one really do feel "at home here in Thailand and particularly Buriram. Maybe it's because I have been here for a long time, I don't know. I really have no desire at all to go back to England and be ripped off every day for everything.

Offline AML

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 02:07:47 PM »
OK good points made sure be proud of where u come from so why a alien say they are thai.The pricing thing is relative to were u are of course and the prices u mention may be cheap and u think is a good deal but a local will pay fair less so yes u could say DONE UP LIKE A KIPPER OR HAD OVER or whatever.Sure thailand is a great place to live and u are better off here than home but i u are offered a 100,000 pounds job at home u might just change your mind SIR.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 02:15:31 PM »
Sorry. 100000 pounds not enough.

den Buut

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »
Sorry. 100000 pounds not enough.

You say far better but the only reason you mention is prices. Can you buy a house in England for 20000 pounds, can you eat in restaurants in England for 2 pounds a person, prices are relative so that's a BS argument for Thailand being better.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »
The original post was about paying out money. So that is the arguement I used. I would imagine that many people out here on retirment are here because their money goes further. I for one know a few Englishmen that admit that their current pension is nowhere near enough to live baak in England.

I'm not arguing but mearly showing how I feel.

I really do feel at home here. The weather is great, the locals are good people, the food is tasty ..... need I go on. I like the way of life here.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 03:31:21 PM »
OK good points made sure be proud of where u come from so why a alien say they are thai.The pricing thing is relative to were u are of course and the prices u mention may be cheap and u think is a good deal but a local will pay fair less so yes u could say DONE UP LIKE A KIPPER OR HAD OVER or whatever.Sure thailand is a great place to live and u are better off here than home but i u are offered a 100,000 pounds job at home u might just change your mind SIR.
Would that be weekly,monthly or yearly??
After deductions ,not worth too much!!!

den Buut

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 04:00:44 PM »
I really do feel at home here. The weather is great, the locals are good people, the food is tasty ..... need I go on. I like the way of life here.
That were some of the reasons I moved here. Nice.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:23:55 PM by Admin »

Offline AML

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 04:58:31 PM »
The original post was why we pay more than locals now we have moved on to a diiferent issue i feel.

Offline Paddyram

• Contributor on the right way
  • Censored!
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 07:51:16 PM »
We pay more because the Thai person you are dealing with thinks that you can afford it and in their eyes that's fair because you are much wealthier than them. 
Ofcourse Greed can lead people to overdo it, just like just everywhere else in the world.

den Buut

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »
And most of us just can't. :D, you feel you get screwed just walk away, or ask for a sigaret afterwarts.

Offline AML

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 08:08:46 PM »
I normally enjoy getting screwed but not all the time

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy